Dublin v Fermanagh

Started by ExiledGael, March 19, 2007, 09:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Well I suppose morale in the city is at a real high after beating Cork so well, are you all expecting a walkover this Saturday??
Fermanagh morale is at a serious low, but we need the win a lot more than you do so you never know, we should be the hungrier side.
Going to Parnell Park for the first time, any advice?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Gnevin

Quote from: ziggysego on March 19, 2007, 09:11:17 PM
Look out for the clampers

I've never seen anyone clamped around PP ,just don't go crazy and block an entire lane of traffic and you'll be fine. Traffic can be quite bad around PP and i recommend avoiding Glasnevin Avenue and  Collins Avenue, Use Griffith if your coming that way .

Also as is standard in many grounds the away fans generally go to the stand but this is not to say you can't go to the terrace

As for the match it self i'm expecting the Dubs to make a huge deal out of winning this but will win in the end
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

dubnut

Certainly cant get too confident, knowing the Dubs. Remember Monaghan last year in the game after Omagh?

That said I predict a home win : }

Hound

Throw-in confirmed for 7.30pm on the DCB site.

Dublin have never beaten Fermanagh in league or championship! Albeit there has only been two games, both in Enniskillen, a draw and a one point win for Fermanagh.

Another Monaghan would not surprise me. Although hopefully the lesson learnt from Monaghan will be drilled into the lads prior to this came. We cannot afford to be less motivated than they are.

ExiledGael

Fermanagh were much improved against Mayo last time out, honestly believe we will get a win somewhere soon! As usual the team is very predictable with Charlie, Doherty didn't start last time and he probably will after getting a point as a sub, plus he is one of the few with any strength. Tinney won't be dropped after three great saves, Goan, Bogue and R Johnston would be the biggest doubts after dodgy showings against Mayo.
Brewster might get in but I would bet a fair bit of money that this team will be named later in the week.

Tinney
Goan            Owens           Bogue
McDermott   Lyons          R Johnston
             Murphy    McGrath
Little             Sherry           E Maguire
McElroy       Doherty          O'Reilly

INDIANA

i believe monaghan are a lot better than fermanagh- dublin by 5/6 hopefully.

FermPundit

I can't argue too much with the team you have lined out ExiledGael although I would put McCluskey on ahead of Shane Lyons and possibly Tom Brewster for Mark Little. Little has been a major disappointment since 2004. He too often drifts in and out of games and where has all his pace gone to??

Fermanagh put in a much better performance against Mayo but I think we'll struggle against a physcially strong Dublin side. As I have said throughout the whole National League, I don't mind Fermanagh getting beaten as long as each player gives 100% effort and shows some pride in the jersey!
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ExiledGael

Your right about McCluskey, he won't have a game with Dungannon this weekend so you might see him and Shane McCabe given a chance allright. Lyons won't lose out though, Raymie Johnston and Niall Bogue could miss out to those two 'soccer stars'.
Little was awful against Mayo, missed a 14-yard free right in front of the posts, worst I've ever f**king seen, if he does get dropped he deserves it

FermPundit

yeah, you sometimes feel as if Little isn't interested. Shane McCabe probably deserves a run out as well. I saw him a right few times last year for Belcoo and hes a talented footballer but like so many Fermanagh forwards he isn't too big. Maybe I'm being a little harsh on Shane Lyons but regardless of whether he or Raymie Johnston starts, Clucker has to start at centre half back. Hes the most gifted player we have in my opinion!

ExiledGael

Get the feeling Mulgrew likes Lyons, he played International Rules U17 and we need to develop a few like him. Agree about Clucker, he is excellent in possession unlike a lot of our defence, bar Owens, and could maybe be used even further up the pitch as a creative forward

FermPundit

Clucker played a few games for the Gaels at corner forward last year and although he did well his most effective position is CHF.
Any idea how things are going with the U21's? They'll probably find the going tough against Down in the championship

ExiledGael

Heard they were really struggling at the start of the year to even get players out but they've had a few encouraging friendly results since, still it would be a major surprise if we got past Down. Obviously Martin Clarke's not there but they would have a lot of minor All-Ireland winners in the side, not least Colgan at midfield.

ExiledGael

Hoganstand has an article, from God knows who, saying Jayo and Alan Brogan are almost certainly out for Saturday's game

ExiledGael

Just when I quote Hoganstand on that I see the Dublin team has been announced and they're mistaken about Sherlock. Pillar is out early this week
Dublin: S Cluxton; D Henry, R McConnell, P Griffin; B Cahill, B Cullen, G Brennan; D Magee, C Whelan; C Moran, J Sherlock, C Keaney; B Brogan, K Bonner, T Quinn.