Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

passedit

Head shot for the Zombies.

Former Rangers administrator David Whitehouse arrested and detained in relation to police probe into Charles Green takeover

QuoteFORMER Rangers administrator David Whitehouse has been arrested and detained in relation to the police investigation into the Charles Green consortium's takeover of Rangers.

Former chief executive Charles Green continues to be questioned by police in relation to events surrounding his time at the helm of the club.

It was confirmed that it relates to the background to Mr Green's Sevco consortium buying the club's assets, for £5.5 million in 2012.

In a new development, Police Scotland confirmed that Mr Whitehouse, one of the joint administrators from Duff and Phelps of Rangers oldco, has been arrested.

A Police Scotland source said he is in custody and is due to appear before Glasgow Sheriff Court on Wednesday.

A source said: "It is connection with the alleged fraudulent acquisition of Rangers Football Club."

Mr Green arrived at Livingston police station for talks on Tuesday, saying he did not know why he was there.
ADVERTISING

The events are separate to the inquiry into Craig Whyte's alleged fraudulent takeover in May 2011.

Mr Green took control at Rangers after buying the club's assets following administration and liquidation of oldco.

Arriving at Livingston police station on Tuesday morning, Mr Green said: "I've been invited to attend an interview with Police Scotland. I have done that on a number of occasions in the past."

Asked why he was there, Mr Green replied: "Well, one of the difficulties with today is my legal people had asked Police Scotland to provide us information that we're likely to be questioned on and they wouldn't provide that so I'm at a loss really."
Share article

Whyte has previously appeared in court charged with fraud following an investigation into the purchase of Rangers Football Club in 2011.

He and others who were charged with fraudulent activity linked to the sale were released on bail last year.Other key figures Imran Ahmad, Craig Whyte and Duff and Phelps administrator Paul Clark  have not so far been invited to answer questions.
Don't Panic

ashman

Why such interest in the second tier of a pub league ??

StGallsGAA

deiseach

That escalated quickly. Which, given the facts of the case have been in plain sight from the beginning, is a little strange.

stew

Quote from: deiseach on September 02, 2015, 09:13:45 AM
That escalated quickly. Which, given the facts of the case have been in plain sight from the beginning, is a little strange.

The waited until they had a nailed on case apparently!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Lecale2

This soap opera just runs and runs!

Mike Ashley applies for High Court enforcement of injunction that could lead to New Rangers chairman Dave King being gaoled for contempt of Court.

Old Rangers lose the "Big Tax Case".

Charles Green goes to Court next week to force New Rangers to pay the cost of his defence in criminal proceedings linked to his establishment of the New Club.

Annual accounts (unaudited) show £7.5m loss last year with at least £2.5m shortfall this year, despite £4.5m in loans from directors.

How long can they keep this tribute act on the road?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/keith-jackson-calms-been-blown-6769680

deiseach

It's been quite amusing reading Keith Jackson eating crow on Twitter recently over his 'off the radar wealth' claim when Craig White arrived on the scene. 'I trusted my editor' he whined at anyone who (justifiably) accused him of being a crap journalist for not seeing through White. I wonder did Jackson see this perfect storm approaching and decide that history was going to see him as a rat that deserted the sinking ship rather than go down with it.

From the Bunker

ashman

Great win for Hibs and a great final . 

SHEEDY

Great win for hibs. Massive overreaction to the pitch invasion after by the media.
nil satis nisi optimum

T Fearon

Pitch invasion was no worse than Scotland fans at Wembley in 1967 and 1981,which is fondly remembered.

passedit

Don't Panic

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

red hander

Quote from: T Fearon on May 22, 2016, 08:32:46 AM
Pitch invasion was no worse than Scotland fans at Wembley in 1967 and 1981,which is fondly remembered.

Just exuberance after waiting 114 years ... the trouble came when the Zombies, playing in their first ever Scottish Cup final, went on the pitch looking trouble