Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on February 02, 2015, 08:56:53 PM
They have numerous fan clubs in USA,Australia and elsewhere where large contingents of Scots have emigrated.Celtic are much bigger than the likes of Burnley,Swansea,QPR and a host of current EPL clubs.
They have a huge fan base - and fans in countries that can afford club merchandise too!

Celtic won't get back up there until they join the English league. Currently not at English prem level, but moving up the leagues and getting the riches on offer would soon have them back at the top table and competing in Europe

Main Street

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 02, 2015, 08:59:48 PM
I'd believe that alright. But you were talking about United, barca and real. That's slightly different. Celtic claim 9 million fans worldwide. United have about 600 million.
I guess this a Muppet style of sarcasm, worthy of a good chuckle  and I should not be tempted to pour ridicule, scorn on the the  600m figure (actually 660m) supposedly following brand Man U with a fan like fervour,love and devotion.

T Fearon

Remember being in Nou Camp in 2005 for Barca V Valencia.Held up a Celtic shirt hoping to catch Larsson's eye during pre match warm up.A wee spanish man said "Ah Celtic of Glasgow!" Now how many of the EPL clubs jersies would he have recognised? 4? 5? 6 maximum?

gallsman

Quote from: T Fearon on February 02, 2015, 11:02:30 PM
Remember being in Nou Camp in 2005 for Barca V Valencia.Held up a Celtic shirt hoping to catch Larsson's eye during pre match warm up.A wee spanish man said "Ah Celtic of Glasgow!" Now how many of the EPL clubs jersies would he have recognised? 4? 5? 6 maximum?

What does that prove? I'd recognise a River or Boca or Flamengo or Santos jersey if some lad had one. Huge clubs in huge countries. Doesn't mean they'll ever have the appeal of a United or Barca. You are delusional.

Nigel White

Aren't you the clever boy can recognise all those jerseys.  Good on you fellow

gallsman

Yawn. Away back with you to criticising long established, beloved tournaments for kids.

Franko

If Celtic are so well supported then where is all this merchandise money? Where are the huge kit deals? Some of you boys are fcukin nuts!

angermanagement

I see Rangers have signed 5 Newcastle reserves including Shane Ferguson from Derry.

It will be interesting to see what Mike Ashley intends to do with Rangers.

Nigel White

Quote from: gallsman on February 02, 2015, 11:43:16 PM
Yawn. Away back with you to criticising long established, beloved tournaments for kids.
I will, but none of takes away from the fact that you're a clever fellow

omaghjoe

Fan base may have a small affect on the level of success in the EPL, but the lot of ye are delusional if you really think anything other than a bottomless pit of money with scant regard to profit or anything else is the key to success.
Sure look at the top 2teams FFS do yous really think they have a large world wide fan base?

T Fearon

At the same time,the relative riches of the Premiership will never make the likes of Burnley or Leicester successful,but it would make Celtic successful.Players would be attracted to the club.Even now,every player, even the biggest stars,want to play at Celtic Park on a Champions League match,to sample the best atmosphere in World Football.

rrhf

Id say thats why most of them get into soccor alright. 
Dont let them fool you Tony.. Just about the dough..

Franko

Quote from: T Fearon on February 03, 2015, 07:22:50 AM
At the same time,the relative riches of the Premiership will never make the likes of Burnley or Leicester successful,but it would make Celtic successful.Players would be attracted to the club.Even now,every player, even the biggest stars,want to play at Celtic Park on a Champions League match,to sample the best atmosphere in World Football.

No it wouldn't.  The bottom line is that if you want to play for Celtic you have to live in Glasgow.  No player in their right mind would choose that unless they're getting an absolute ransom for it... which Celtic can't and never will be fit to afford.

Bingo

This nonsense always comes up and the same people come out with the same ifs, buts and maybes.

Why would the Football league and/or premier league want or need Celtic. As things currently stand they are seeing increasing TV money, maintaining crowds at all clubs and have a healthy relegation and promotion system that is seeing new teams moving between divisions all the time.

If Celtic entered the football league and worked their way up, it would take them years. Its not as if Football league clubs are rolling in TV money and Celtics European money would be gone. They'd be totally reliant on season income to pay the bills and that wouldn't get them too far. They would have to seriously gamble to make it into the top flight.

Celtic been who they are is all well and good but money talks and players will follow the money and the lifestyle. They will struggle to offer this to the players they will need.

And do you's really think that the famous Champions league nights would really happen again if they did manage to make it out of Scotland?  ::)

illdecide

I se News paper reports that there were a few Rangers fans hurt from Sunday including a 10 year old boy who has a fractured cheek bone from a Celtic fan throwing a bottle at a mini bus window. Another guy in an induced coma from a beating...WTF. These great Celtic fans ::). I'm a Celtic man and have been from 7 years of age but that's just sickening.
I know every side has their own scum bags but that's unacceptable...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch