Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: frostbit on January 31, 2015, 09:11:26 PM
Part of me wants Celtic to get chinned to shut up all these annoying Celtic men on Facebook - Sevco this, Newco that.  They are actually calling it the New Firm lol. 

Normally enjoy a pint in the Felons on a Sunday.  Thank God I'm away to Dublin in the morning.  It'll be full of tattooed fuckwits and middle aged Celtic-passionate men freeing Ireland with their Celtic tops using phrases like 'we' when referring to Celtic. f**k the f**k off.

Only thing is the other side are exactly the same.  Blind in their hatred for each other.
You are completely wrong when you equate the supporters , teams and clubs

Celtic fans for example win the hearts of people abroad when they play there.

The old rangers teams fans abroad only used to clock up riots and arrests in each locality

Celtic would have some idiots in their support but there's no comparison in the volume compared to that of rangers

From the Bunker

Quote from: whiskeysteve on January 31, 2015, 11:14:59 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 31, 2015, 10:26:05 PM
10/11 Celtic -1? The only thing that can stop the Bhoys is complacency,and Deila will be lucky to survive should Rangers win. Like it or not,Celtic and Rangers represent nationalist/republican and unionist/loyalist communities.It is this that makes the fixture one of the best in world football for atmosphere and passion

If by that you mean the moron wing of either side I would be in full agreement. It's a laughably moronic idea to define any part of your Irish republican (or other) political identity through the support of a soccer club over the water. The political element to the rivalry is rarely anything other than a complete embarrassment

Yeah, it's kinda sad when some one seeing you in a Celtic Jersey can often think of you as a Sorta hard line Republican, rather than some who supports a club in Scotland with strong Irish Connections. I know a lot of friends and acquaintances who are turned off by this and i can understand it.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 31, 2015, 11:44:17 PM
10/11 Celtic -1? The only thing that can stop the Bhoys is complacency,and Deila will be lucky to survive should Rangers win. Like it or not,Celtic and Rangers represent nationalist/republican and unionist/loyalist communities.It is this that makes the fixture one of the best in world football for atmosphere and passion

If by that you mean the moron wing of either side I would be in full agreement. It's a laughably moronic idea to define any part of your Irish republican (or other) political identity through the support of a soccer club over the water. The political element to the rivalry is rarely anything other than a complete embarrassment

Yeah, it's kinda sad when some one seeing you in a Celtic Jersey can often think of you as a Sorta hard line Republican, rather than some who supports a club in Scotland with strong Irish Connections. I know a lot of friends and acquaintances who are turned off by this and i can understand it.
Feck really??

Do these people equate folk in Liverpool or man utd jerseys as thugs and thieves then?
Or people in Chelsea jerseys as national front racist nazis?

Prob not and it's all a load of media cobblers

From the Bunker

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 31, 2015, 11:49:43 PM

Feck really??

Do these people equate folk in Liverpool or man utd jerseys as thugs and thieves then?

Unlike wearing a Premiership Jersey, there is baggage with a Celtic Jersey! I don't like it, but it's a fact of life.

gallsman

Quote from: T Fearon on January 31, 2015, 11:30:30 PM
Celtic represent the Irish community in the West of Scotland and globally and Rangers ditto the Unionist community.Nothing whatsoever wrong with that,both clubs have their Neanderthal supporters who are no worse than Chelsea's,Leeds,or English national team for example.

The political sectarian edge to he fixture marks it out,as does the political edge mark out Roma V Lazio. For the most part it is witty and humorous even if a small minority go overboard.A Rangers Director a few years ago described the Old Firm fans as 90 minute bigots.I wouldn't disagree with that.

Bold claims. They certainly don't represent me.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 01, 2015, 01:02:25 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 31, 2015, 11:49:43 PM

Feck really??

Unlike wearing a Premiership Jersey, there is baggage with a Celtic Jersey! I don't like it, but it's a fact of life.
Haven't come across that before but know there is something in what you are saying alright

In certain parts of Dublin and soccer jersey wearers - epl or scots prem etc - are seen to be the lower educated lower social classes ( or scangers as they are called - GAA jersey wearers are boggers)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 31, 2015, 11:32:48 PM
Part of me wants Celtic to get chinned to shut up all these annoying Celtic men on Facebook - Sevco this, Newco that.  They are actually calling it the New Firm lol. 

Normally enjoy a pint in the Felons on a Sunday.  Thank God I'm away to Dublin in the morning.  It'll be full of tattooed fuckwits and middle aged Celtic-passionate men freeing Ireland with their Celtic tops using phrases like 'we' when referring to Celtic. f**k the f**k off.

Only thing is the other side are exactly the same.  Blind in their hatred for each other.

The old rangers teams fans abroad only used to clock up riots and arrests in each locality

Celtic would have some idiots in their support but there's no comparison in the volume compared to that of rangers

Amsterdam?? All clubs have twats... And for that reason you shouldn't rave one teams support over another's.... Far too many examples
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

annapr

Both clubs are as bad as each other imo

mylestheslasher

Quote from: gallsman on February 01, 2015, 01:15:18 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 31, 2015, 11:30:30 PM
Celtic represent the Irish community in the West of Scotland and globally and Rangers ditto the Unionist community.Nothing whatsoever wrong with that,both clubs have their Neanderthal supporters who are no worse than Chelsea's,Leeds,or English national team for example.

The political sectarian edge to he fixture marks it out,as does the political edge mark out Roma V Lazio. For the most part it is witty and humorous even if a small minority go overboard.A Rangers Director a few years ago described the Old Firm fans as 90 minute bigots.I wouldn't disagree with that.

Bold claims. They certainly don't represent me.

Or me! My politics and beliefs don't tie up nicely with any soccer club strangely enough, although I am still looking. Closest so far is Wexford youths.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 01, 2015, 01:33:38 AM

Amsterdam?? All clubs have t**ts... And for that reason you shouldn't rave one teams support over another's.... Far too many examples
Sorry I have to disagree with your Amsterdam example
- do you know what happened?
Celtic fans attacked by Ajax nazis and cops arrested a couple of Celts

Yes every club has a couple of idiots but for a city to award Celtic fans am accolade due to their wonderful behavior is unusual in soccer but typical of Celtic fans behavior on the road.

I've been to euro games myself - and places like Lyon , Barcelona were unhappy for the results, but memorable for the interaction and friendliness between rival fans.

So i can't accept your Amsterdam

lynchbhoy

Quote from: frostbit on February 01, 2015, 09:17:16 AM

I used to go over every few weeks when I was younger and was Celtic mad. And then I grew up.

I would say that the more bigoted and sectarian Celtic supporters were from Scotland. (The Scottish Flute band type).  But I have saw lots and lots of examples of sectarianism and blind bigotry from Celtic supporters travelling from Ireland. Orange b**tards this, black b**tards that (not in the racist form it should be mentioned). Its not the songs i refer to actually, most are fine traditional Irish folk songs but some involve idiots putting their tops over their faces while pretending to fire AK47s. There are songs I have heard about the Ibrox disaster and the one about Davie Cooper which are vile and worst still you see younger kids singing.  But its more about the sectarian undercurrent that exists. It isn't about football.

By the way,  I am a Republican from West Belfast. Neither Celtic nor these supporters represent me.
With respect , I find that is common in the Belfast/east coast types

My uncle was secretary of Derry branch of donegal supporters clubs.
His family aren't republican . But many going in the buses he organized were and having been in them, know there was none of that sectarian stuff. Unless you count (silly chant-less) rebel songs as sectarian. I don't.

If you say 'one is as bad as the other' then you don't really have much experience if this.
Some of the fans might be - but Celtic fans like this are way out numbered by their counterparts and are a minuscule drop thankfully in the clubs support.
Again every club has kn**ker element and in England I believe it's worse with west ham , Liverpool, Man U , Chelsea , Leeds, Forrest being notoriously bad in the past

The scots flute bands are prob endemic of their environment. From talking to them and other catholic/Irish descendants - they say that they are treated in a more subtle manner of second class citizenship in Scotland - akin to to catholic/nationalist/working class/Irish in the six counties pre - gfa

I think they have a bigger problem actually. Their culture and facilities ( eg catholic schools) are being eroded. I forget most of the stuff I've read but it was somewhat fascinating.
Anyhow my point is, I can understand the scots flute bands reasons for bitterness but yeah it's prob not nice to see either perspective of that sectarianism.

For that reason I'd never go to a Celtic v rangers game again. Horrible to attend. I felt like the only guy in the Lisbon lions stand watching the actual match. Bizarre !
Was offered a ticket for today but declined.
The scots are mad.

T Fearon

You have got to separate those who latch onto the club for the wrong reasons (Celtic) and the club itself,founded by an Irish Christian Brother to provide meals for the poor and help the immigrant Irish to integrate into Glasgow and Scottish society,and went on to become a Scottish institution and Champions of Europe (under the reign of a Protestant manager).

That's the attraction of Celtic for me and I still think an Old Firm Derby is the best fixture on the planet! Was at the Man Utd Liverpool game in December and it was tame in comparison!

charlieTully

the harsh reality is its the best f**king fixture in football. I f**king love it. come on celtic get into the orange bastids. Yeoooo up the f**king raa.

gallsman

Quote from: T Fearon on February 01, 2015, 11:37:03 AM
You have got to separate those who latch onto the club for the wrong reasons (Celtic) and the club itself,founded by an Irish Christian Brother to provide meals for the poor and help the immigrant Irish to integrate into Glasgow and Scottish society,and went on to become a Scottish institution and Champions of Europe (under the reign of a Protestant manager).

That's the attraction of Celtic for me and I still think an Old Firm Derby is the best fixture on the planet! Was at the Man Utd Liverpool game in December and it was tame in comparison!

You literally claimed above that Celtic represent nationalists and Ireland abroad. See the hypocrisy?!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: frostbit on February 01, 2015, 01:34:07 PM
The other crowd started singing the Billy Boys and I forgot how much I hate them. Up the Celts!!!!
This is the kind of thing I don't understand

It's just a song, a silly one at that
It has a nice catchy tune to be honest
But why go mental and hate 'them' when you hear it!!?

Must be that Belfast thing again

To be fair I know a few Celtic supporting Belfast 'republicans' and they are the ones that could give Celtic support and republicans the bad name. Scumbags.
Same crew support either Man U or Liverpool too but I don't hear the same label long of those clubs!