Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

I have no doubt it will be a very difficult game on Sunday.Some Celtic fans are talking about silly scorelines but I think it will be a lot closer than most people imagine.

rrhf

Quote from: tiempo on January 26, 2015, 12:15:42 AM
"As Celtic supporters, we regrettably recognise that our club had an association with Rangers (1872) through the collective descriptive term, The Old Firm."

Haha, got a little tickle from this, fair play, a hammering for Sevco Scotland Ltd in the cup semi-final would go down a treat. Maybe all future meetings will be under the banner of The New Firm, regrettably.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-fans-spark-storm-protest-5040733

Always disliked this aspect of Scottish soccor.  Being anti somebody else's club as opposed to being for your own club.   Talk about going down to the level. 

lynchbhoy

Quote from: rrhf on January 26, 2015, 11:42:49 AM
"As Celtic supporters, we regrettably recognise that our club had an association with Rangers (1872) through the collective descriptive term, The Old Firm."

Haha, got a little tickle from this, fair play, a hammering for Sevco Scotland Ltd in the cup semi-final would go down a treat. Maybe all future meetings will be under the banner of The New Firm, regrettably.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-fans-spark-storm-protest-5040733

Always disliked this aspect of Scottish soccor.  Being anti somebody else's club as opposed to being for your own club.   Talk about going down to the level.
indeed
but it isn't just Scottish soccer that has this ...its rife in English soccer, as well as dutch, Italian, german, Spanish, Argentinian, brazillian etc

thewingedlady

Quote from: deiseach on January 26, 2015, 10:41:06 AM
“As Celtic supporters, we regrettably recognise that our club had an association with Rangers (1872) through the collective descriptive term, The Old Firm."

Deeply foolish behaviour. I'd compare it to sticking your arm through the bars at the ape enclosure at the zoo - except the apes would be less prone to mindless violence.

So if there's a violent reaction from the Newco we can expect Je Suis Celtic to start trending on Twitter!

deiseach

Quote from: thewingedlady on January 26, 2015, 01:08:30 PM
So if there's a violent reaction from the Newco we can expect Je Suis Celtic to start trending on Twitter!

;D

clarshack

Quote from: Club Rossa on January 26, 2015, 10:41:32 AM
I have no doubt it will be a very difficult game on Sunday.Some Celtic fans are talking about silly scorelines but I think it will be a lot closer than most people imagine.

agree. anybody who thinks celtic are going to stick 5 or 6 past rangers on sunday is deluded.

rangers will have 10 men behind the ball and the game will be similar to the ross county game on saturday past.

Over the Bar

Rangers to win 1-0 is 25/1.  Worth a punt for sure!

annapr

lynchbhoy

Quote from: clarshack on January 26, 2015, 01:25:22 PM
Quote from: Club Rossa on January 26, 2015, 10:41:32 AM

agree. anybody who thinks celtic are going to stick 5 or 6 past rangers on sunday is deluded.

rangers will have 10 men behind the ball and the game will be similar to the ross county game on saturday past.
most Celtic home games for past few years in spl have been like this. Not so much in the away games.
So I expect the new version of rangers team (they have the same old knuckledragger support though as the old rangers had!)

I know the cops and many in Glasgow/Scotland preferred a rangers win when the old version of the two clubs met.
not as they were rangers supporters, but there was far far less violence after the huns won. wives were safe from their husbands etc!

From the Bunker

Celtic v Rnagers on BBC 1 Scotland tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30971812

T Fearon

10/11 Celtic -1? The only thing that can stop the Bhoys is complacency,and Deila will be lucky to survive should Rangers win. Like it or not,Celtic and Rangers represent nationalist/republican and unionist/loyalist communities.It is this that makes the fixture one of the best in world football for atmosphere and passion

michaelg

Quote from: T Fearon on January 31, 2015, 10:26:05 PM
10/11 Celtic -1? The only thing that can stop the Bhoys is complacency,and Deila will be lucky to survive should Rangers win. Like it or not,Celtic and Rangers represent nationalist/republican and unionist/loyalist communities.It is this that makes the fixture one of the best in world football for atmosphere and passion
Have to disagree - Have been to one Old Firm game and the atmosphere was poisonous and extremely unpleasant.

annapr

And as for the standard of the football on show, you'd probably see better down the Phoenix Park on a Sunday morning.

whiskeysteve

If by that you mean the moron wing of either side I would be in full agreement. It's a laughably moronic idea to define any part of your Irish republican (or other) political identity through the support of a soccer club over the water. The political element to the rivalry is rarely anything other than a complete embarrassment
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

T Fearon

Celtic represent the Irish community in the West of Scotland and globally and Rangers ditto the Unionist community.Nothing whatsoever wrong with that,both clubs have their Neanderthal supporters who are no worse than Chelsea's,Leeds,or English national team for example.

The political sectarian edge to he fixture marks it out,as does the political edge mark out Roma V Lazio. For the most part it is witty and humorous even if a small minority go overboard.A Rangers Director a few years ago described the Old Firm fans as 90 minute bigots.I wouldn't disagree with that.