Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 26, 2012, 09:52:20 AM
Quote from: Orior on April 25, 2012, 10:17:45 PM
What did Laverty do to upset management?
He's a hun, what more do you need!

Supposedly he didn't turn up for a match. He was injured but McCoist asked him to come along anyway.

Ye couldn't love him if he was your own

take_yer_points

Quote from: gawa316 on April 26, 2012, 10:15:19 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on April 26, 2012, 09:52:20 AM
Quote from: Orior on April 25, 2012, 10:17:45 PM
What did Laverty do to upset management?
He's a hun, what more do you need!

Supposedly he didn't turn up for a match. He was injured but McCoist asked him to come along anyway.

Ye couldn't love him if he was your own

I read somewhere he was booked in somewhere for a hernia op late last week - had been playing with the injury for a while. McCoist cancelled the op and told him he would be on the bench for the match dispite the injury.

I have no time for him and think he's an idiot but I can see where he's coming from (I can't believe I'm looking at this from Kyle Lafferty's point of view) - why not have the op as early as possible (considering they've nothing more to play for this year) and get ready for pre-season as early as possible instead of sitting on the bench for a meaningless match.

Maybe McCoist's coming at it from the viewpoint that Lafferty'll be gone as soon as the window opens so why should he even worry about getting him ready for next season - either way I don't think McCoist comes out of it looking well.

deiseach

The sense of entitlement among Rangers fans is staggering. The attitude seems to that they're number one and they'll be generous enough to tolerate any punishment which means they'll temporarily end up as number two. But anything beyond that is an assault on Scotland - not Rangers FC, not Rangers fans, not soccer, not sport, but the entirety of Scotland. We are the people, eh?

From the Bunker

McCoist condemns Rangers panel threats

(AFP) – 2 hours ago 

GLASGOW — Rangers manager Ally McCoist has condemned as "disgusting" threats made to the Scottish Football Association (SFA) judicial panel who imposed a 12-month transfer embargo upon the Glasgow giants.

The financial crisis engulfing the 140-year-old Scottish football institution took a sinister twist Wednesday when the SFA revealed police had given security advice to the three-member panel after their names were published online and threats made against them.

Police also gave similar advice to SFA directors.

News of the police intervention came just a day after an angry McCoist, a former Rangers and Scotland striker, had called for the panel's identities to be made public, saying their actions could "kill" the club.

"Who are these people? I want to know who these people are," he told Rangers TV. "Make no mistake about it, this is an SFA decision.  >:(

"In terms of our supporters, again they have received another kicking and we just feel it's time to start fighting back." >:(

But McCoist insisted Thursday his remarks should not have been interpreted as a "signal to engage in any form of threatening behaviour". ::)

McCoist said: "I would like to make quite clear my position in relation to the decision by the SFA's judicial panel, which earlier this week imposed sanctions against Rangers which have far-reaching consequences for our club and Scottish football. ::) ::)

"When I called for full transparency  ;D on Tuesday, I took the view that the decision by the judicial panel should be subject to proper scrutiny. :D

"It is unthinkable in any walk of life that such a significant punishment would be meted out without full transparency. :D

"That said, I would not for one moment want anyone to interpret my remarks as a signal to engage in any form of threatening behaviour. ???

"Such activity disgusts me and anyone who engages in it does Rangers Football Club nothing but harm.

"No Rangers supporter should get themselves involved in it -- not now, nor at any time.

Rangers went into administration two months ago, prompting a raft of drastic measures including players agreeing to wage cuts of up to 75 per cent to avoid redundancies.

The SFA hit Rangers with a £160,000 ($260,000, 195,000 euro) fine and a 12-month transfer embargo on Monday after finding the club guilty of several financial offences.

They also issued a lifetime ban to Rangers owner Craig Whyte from any future involvement in Scottish football.

McCoist added Thursday: "Rangers Football Club was a victim   ;D of what happened during the tenure of Craig Whyte. :D

"The club was not an accomplice, a co-conspirator nor a perpetrator of wrongdoing. :D :D

"We suffered from it and still are. I hope that our appeal can be dealt with by the SFA as quickly as possible as the situation for the club and the possible ramifications for Scottish football are very serious." ;D

Rangers' administrators Duff and Phelps said the punishment could hinder attempts to sell the club and called for an immediate appeal hearing. :P

According to a Duff and Phelps report released earlier this month, Rangers' total debt could amount to £134 million, with the club awaiting the outcome of a tax tribunal case that could cost them £75 million.  ;)

Entering administration meant Rangers were docked 10 points -- a move that effectively conceded  :o the Scottish Premier League (SPL) title they held at the start of the season to arch rivals Celtic, recently crowned champions.

ziggysego

Rangers revealed their new kit and sponsor today.

Testing Accessibility

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: deiseach on April 26, 2012, 11:37:39 AM
The sense of entitlement among Rangers fans is staggering. The attitude seems to that they're number one and they'll be generous enough to tolerate any punishment which means they'll temporarily end up as number two. But anything beyond that is an assault on Scotland - not Rangers FC, not Rangers fans, not soccer, not sport, but the entirety of Scotland. We are the people, eh?

Yep, my fellow Scots and I are disgusted by this assault on our nationhood and are most definitely not saying anything like "nail the cheating b*stards".

if they're the people, thank f*ck I'm a sheep.

dillinger

If they are liquidated can they even go to S.F.L. division 3? Think they would need an invite from the S.F.L. to do so. Also as a new club as they will be they would need three years of audited accounts to become members of the S.F.A. to gain entry into the Scottish Cup. Of course as a new club they will not have.

From the Bunker

Quote from: dillinger on April 26, 2012, 11:15:27 PM
If they are liquidated can they even go to S.F.L. division 3? Think they would need an invite from the S.F.L. to do so. Also as a new club as they will be they would need three years of audited accounts to become members of the S.F.A. to gain entry into the Scottish Cup. Of course as a new club they will not have.

from RTE website

Third Division on cards for Rangers

Updated: Thursday, 26 Apr 2012 12:42
1 Comments

Ally McCoist has said that dropping down the fourth tier might be in the best interest of Rangers
Scottish Football League chief executive David Longmuir has told Rangers they will have to go through the same process as any other club if they wish to join the Third Division.

The administration-hit Scottish Premier League outfit are battling to avoid liquidation and following heavy sanctions imposed on the Ibrox club by the Scottish Football Association this week, manager Ally McCoist admitted he could now be in favour of dropping down to the fourth tier of Scottish football.

"If Rangers or anyone else applied for entry into the SFL they would have to go through the same process as Annan, Spartans FC, Preston Athletic and Cove Rangers did four years ago," Longmuir told the Daily Record.

"They would have to put a proposal to us on why they should be allowed in and then hope they were voted in by the SFL clubs.

"At the moment it's difficult for me to comment on Rangers' situation.

"But anything that brought excitement and freshness to the SFL would be something I'm interested in."

He added: "It would be the same process, given any set of circumstances.

"When Annan were welcomed in the process took a couple of months during the close season.

"In the past we've had to assess the likes of Annan, Cove and Preston on the basis of ground criteria, facilities and financial stability.

"So checks have to be done, which would obviously be a bit different if Rangers were involved.

"However, at the moment there is no vacancy in the SFL. Rangers are in administration, which is a situation other clubs have found themselves in and survived.

"The same could happen to Rangers. As a Scottish football supporter, I hope they do."

Rangers are appealing a £160,000 fine and 12-month embargo on signing players aged over 17 after being found guilty of five charges in relation to their finances and the appointment of Craig Whyte as chairman.

deiseach

The company is going to be liquidated. As the clever chap over at Random Thoughts re Scots Law said, "there are two ways out of administration, in the same way that there are two ways out of an intensive care ward: the road to recovery, or the road to the mortuary. A company will either be saved, or wound up". And the debts Rangers have are too gargantuan to be anything other than fatal.

The only question is what emerges after that. People still support Fiorentina and Cork City despite each club going through an (ahem) interregnum. It's a bit more complicated with Rangers because Craig Whyte and Ticketus are going to want their pound of flesh before any Newco can emerge. But eventually something will re-appear that will call itself Rangers. Whether anyone will take it seriously remains to be seen.

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: deiseach on April 27, 2012, 09:44:10 AMBut eventually something will re-appear that will call itself Rangers. Whether anyone will take it seriously remains to be seen.

there's no reason why they shouldn't.  It's happened all across Europe, and many clubs have been reborn as new businesses.  What people won't take seriously is the Scottish Football System*, if the new Rangers are merely allowed to slot in at the top, ahead of all the other clubs that managed to keep their spending under control.  Clubs coming out of administration (e.g. Dundee, Motherwell) can continue, as they are the same entity, clubs liquidating and refounding (e.g. Livingston) or not (e.g Gretna) should start from the bottom.  The problem is that Livi and Gretna were SFL* clubs and not SPL clubs at the time they liquidated, and SPL rules don't clearly cover this eventuality - the other issue is that the SPL is a 1-division league, and therefore it is the bottom division.

*SFA - national football authority, largely powerless, run by self-interested blazers, progenitors of sh*te football teams since 1998
SPL - Scottish premier league, closed shop for 12 clubs at the top of the game, grudgingly allows 1 up/1 down, if forced, run by self-interested blazers
SFL - Scottish Football League, plods along, neither doing anything good nor bad, always manages to produce an exciting and competitive first division, run by self-interested blazers
SJFA - Scottish Junior Football Association, non-league, but with no pyramid system, teams cannot enter SFA/SFL/SPL competitions, until 3 years ago, when some can now enter the cup.  Run by ...

Applesisapples

As a Celtic fan I hope Rangers survive, it is not the fault of their fans that the board was as incompetent as it has been they should however be automatically relegated an appropriate number of places/leagues. Celtic fans should also remember that there but for the grace of Fergus Celtic could have gone.

deiseach

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 27, 2012, 11:40:07 AM
As a Celtic fan I hope Rangers survive, it is not the fault of their fans that the board was as incompetent as it has been they should however be automatically relegated an appropriate number of places/leagues. Celtic fans should also remember that there but for the grace of Fergus Celtic could have gone.

I'm not a Celtic fan, and I'm a bit bewildered by this. The Rangers board weren't incompetent. If they were incompetent Rangers would have slid down the table and we wouldn't be having this conversation. They were corrupt, and their corruption corrupted the rest of the game in Scotland. It is hard on Rangers supporters, and the notion that they should have risen up against Murray and Whyte is daft. But their philosophy now that they've found themselves in this position seems to be "we realise there has to be a punishment, but it had better not inconvenience us". And that's even more daft

NAG1

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 27, 2012, 11:40:07 AM

Incompetent is a kind way to describe it, I dont think I would use that term they cleverly used accounting schemes to hide from the tax man so that they could out spend Celtic in the transfer market and on players wages. Im not even a Celtic fan per say but this has annoyed me blaming Craig Whyte for everything, their wrong doings have been going on for 15 years or more maybe so they should be made take their medicine and like it.

deiseach

Ticketus have withdrawn their support for the Blue Knights bid (don't say it too loudly, these guys might hear). We're entering the end game now.