Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on March 26, 2012, 12:21:32 AM
The author of that piece, Tom English, is from Limerick. He has branded Celtic fans who sing IRA songs as "morons" who shame the club. I wonder is Tom guilty of being against those of who hold dear Irish ethnicity in Scotland ;D. UEFA fined Celtic for IRA chanting too recently, perhaps they are also opposed to the Irish in Scotland?

When a moron write something moronic I may brand him/her a moron. 'Moronicity' is not restricted to Scotland.
If I branded you a moron, you would have no doubt deserved to be called a moron.
I don't have the full quote at hand from Tom English or the context in which it was made.
Now we have you writing about IRA chants, I suppose that means you will not be supplying us with a list of all those bloodletting republican songs that Celtic fans are supposed to be singing?
Re Tom English, if he criticised those Celtic fans who throw in the IRA chants, as morons, fair enough - that's his opinion, it would also be my opinion. But if he engages on claiming that Celtic fc are being one side of the 2 sided sectarian coin  then I would brand him a moron. If he made references to the waving of the tricolour as being antagonistic and derogatory reference to the Irish ethnicity of Celtic fc, derogative references to that Irish ethnicity in the context of Scottish culture, then I would also brand him a moron.

UEFA fined Celtic fc for some fans chanting  IRA add-ons at a Europa league game, such chants violates UEFA rules. Why on earth would I consider UEFA morons? It was an appropriate fine.  Have UEFA  referred derogatively in any shape or form to the Irish ethnicity and Irish traditions of Celtic fc? No they haven't! in fact UEFA have no problem with Celtic fc.

LDA in order to debate an issue with me, you first should take the time to understand the points already made by me. and maybe you would be less inclined to ask silly irrelevant emotional questions.

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Megaman

pretty much odds on liquidation now for rangers

what exactly does that mean for the club, (where do they start etc, etc)

From the Bunker

I see Rangers have been ruled by a tribunal that no players above the age of 18 could be registered for the next year by the Ibrox side.

Not ones to take their punishment for cheating over the last number of years, various fan clubs have said they will boycott Scottish Internationals and away games.

nifan

Ridiculous level of moaning from mccoist - they could be getting treated a lot worse than they are.

NAG1

Fully expect these bans and fines to be reduced on some sort of appeal, they are complaining about being kicked when they are down.

They have to ask themselves why are the down, illegal payments to players go back over years? Are they a special case.

From the Bunker

Quote from: NAG1 on April 25, 2012, 01:07:20 PM
Fully expect these bans and fines to be reduced on some sort of appeal, they are complaining about being kicked when they are down.

They have to ask themselves why are the down, illegal payments to players go back over years? Are they a special case.

They seem to think they are. ANd if not then they will Bully their way out!

amallon

Are they not going to have titles stripped from them? Seems like they are getting away light.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Orior

Quote from: amallon on April 25, 2012, 04:23:57 PM
Are they not going to have titles stripped from them? Seems like they are getting away light.

Oh how cruel you are. Have a heart!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Denn Forever

McCoist talking about reforming Rangers and coming up from 3rd Division. 
Will teams in Div 3 have the money for policing?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17829739

McCoist also admitted that he was "leaning towards" accepting that the club's immediate future might rest in the Third Division, a possible scenario should Rangers emerge from administration in the form of a newco.

"It would be an unbelievably drastic measure and it will have an incredible impact on Scottish football - and not for the good," he said.

"But if they are going to continue to impose sanctions on us and make things extremely difficult for us to defend ourselves then maybe, just maybe, it might be the right thing.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dougal Maguire

Does that mean, in essence, that they will do walking away?
Careful now

Orior

What did Laverty do to upset management?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Applesisapples

Quote from: Orior on April 25, 2012, 10:17:45 PM
What did Laverty do to upset management?
He's a hun, what more do you need!

Denn Forever

Did Chelsea not have an embargo on transfers for 18 months a few years ago?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17846691
Police have given security advice to members of a Scottish FA panel that handed out punishments to Rangers, after their identities were revealed.

The names of the three-man board responsible for imposing a year-long transfer embargo on the Ibrox club have been published on internet sites
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...