Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Whem!!

There's a whole lot more than that going on.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on February 16, 2012, 09:57:27 PM
Quote from: LondonCamanachd on February 16, 2012, 09:43:36 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 16, 2012, 07:12:36 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 16, 2012, 07:03:18 PM
Whatever team LondonCamanachd choses to support he should be alright, just don't shake hands with anybody from Tyrone.

Why doesn't he just support County Scotland or if he wants his team involved in the All-Ireland series, County London all the way. Sure London beat Fermanagh in the football and almost beat Mayo last year, London are a far shot from the worst team in hurling.

without wishing to sound rude, it's because i'm already involved in gaelic sport in both Scotland and London. Just not a gaelic sport run by the gaa.

Apologies if that comes across as dismissive. Btw, i'm torn between the Connacht rivals. The Mayo mix of joy, shame and heroic failure appeals to my Scottish and Aberdonian soul, but the Roscommon attitude to sheep also appeals to the Aberdonian in me!

We have better pubs.

It must be noted that the Rossies don't own their own sheep, they steal them from Leitrim.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Rossfan

There's nothing to feed sheep with in Laythrum ( or Mayo either for that matter  :P)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Rangers Dead - the wake or the ressurection?

Administrators are questioned at press conference.

Are Rangers Dead?
No, we are optimistic that they're not dead, there is a heartbeat

Okay, can you tell us if there is any blood circulating?
Not at this moment

Can you tell us where all the blood went and if there is any left?
Eh, we have no idea.

Do you know where the £9m 'held back' from PAYE is?
That's a difficult question

And what about that £24m cash, mortgaged on season tickets?
That's a very difficult question

Craig Whyte, the owner, is the preferred creditor and the main assets are Murray Park and Ibrox?
Those are matters which we have to scrutinise but first impression is the assets are held by a company which Craig Whyte has an 'interest' in

Do you have concerns about the way the club was run?
Yes

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/loud-insistent-questions-yield-little-in-the-way-of-answers.16781748

Ally McCoist, when questioned yesterday if has full confidence in the owner Craig Whyte, he answered, "ABSOLUTELY".

LondonCamanachd

I wouldn't be surprised if the phrase "the money was just resting in my account" comes up over the next few weeks.

Along with "this tax debt is small, that one is far away f*cking huge"

Fear ón Srath Bán

As part of the Rangers' receivership deal, Ibrox is to be renamed the Inland Revenue Arena.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 17, 2012, 11:36:52 AM
As part of the Rangers' receivership deal, Ibrox is to be renamed the Inland Revenue Arena.

Craig Whyte said he was inpsired by the IRA's original nickname as he legged it to Monaco: I Ran Away.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on February 17, 2012, 11:39:51 AM

Craig Whyte said he was inpsired by the IRA's original nickname as he legged it to Monaco: I Ran Away.

Unfortunately, there was nothing 'original' about 1969! :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 17, 2012, 12:11:20 PM
Quote from: LondonCamanachd on February 17, 2012, 11:39:51 AM

Unfortunately, there was nothing 'original' about 1969! :P

Not original by 1969? Pfft, I only missed out a civil war and numerous schisms.  That's pretty up-to-date for the average Brit's knowledge of C20th Ireland.

Main Street

I did tell you not to shake hands with a Tyrone man
;D

SHEEDY

this new name is said to be Provisional.
nil satis nisi optimum

ardal

I'm forced to disagree.

This new name is totally Official and to be used for Continuity

Main Street

From the IT today
Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell had earlier this week claimed Celtic could survive and thrive without Rangers, and a statement released yesterday on Celtic's official Twitter site read: "We are very disappointed with the First Minister's claims that Celtic 'need' Rangers and that Celtic 'can't prosper unless Rangers are there'.

"This is simply not true. In a series of interviews given just three days ago, we made it abundantly clear that Celtic has a well defined strategy and a business plan independent of the fortunes of any other club. That remains absolutely the case.

Probably a world without Rangers is more of a financial issue for the other SPL clubs.  Possibly, Lawwell is also trying to ease concerns for the shareholders who have seen a 15% drop in share price since Whyte performed his magic in making £24m simply vanish

LondonCamanachd

In all honesty the new name for Ibrox will probably be Stewart Milne Govan Development.

the waffler

still think there something fishy about it whyte buyin the place to put it futher debt they well get the debt forefitted and he will be in some consortium that buys the c***ts  if they did go out would be better chance o celtic gettin in ta english leagues