All Ireland Club Senior Semi-Finals

Started by armaghranger12, February 13, 2012, 02:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Aaron Boone on February 18, 2012, 08:48:03 PM
Both finals Ulster teams v Leinster.
Still 4 weeks away.
Gooch might be back for Down v Kerry in NFL round 3.

Gooch will be having ankle surgery, he won't be playing again until at least the middle of May.

Rossfan

Quote from: ross4life on February 18, 2012, 08:34:22 PM
Had a feeling one of the favourites would be beaten shame it had to be St Brigid's. Congrats Garrycastle without a shadow of doubt on the day the best team won. Anthony Cunningham (former St.Brigid's manager) did his home work & got his tactics spot on. St. Brigid's downfall was the slow start they have been getting away with the slow starts in the Roscommon championship but it wasn't going to happen v the leinster champions.

Has been a long two years for St Brigid's they proudly flew the Roscommon/Connacht flags & i'm sure they will be back to give it another lash in the years ahead.

P.S well done Crossmaglen the Armagh machine keeps rolling has the makings of a good final.
Slow start , missed chances , midfield bet, big names not that influential... maybe a team just gone a biteen past it?
Best of luck to Garrycastle in the Final . I think they're going to need it all.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

theticklemister

In from work about 5 and had the two matches recorded. A fantastic treat lads to watch 2 super semis. Fecking fair fecks to Garrycastle, over the moon for them hi. Thought they blew it but they put in some work and with Dessie up front they look dangerous. There was nothing left on the field, there ye saw a team who emptied the tank and gave it all, just what our great sport is all about.

Nuff said about Cross, an outstanding team.

I thought the two refs were poor enough especially McQuillan, how many Gcastle men did he book??

Is anyone like meself believe that there is a man sent off on average in every game?

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on February 18, 2012, 09:17:56 PM
Had a feeling one of the favourites would be beaten shame it had to be St Brigid's. Congrats Garrycastle without a shadow of doubt on the day the best team won. Anthony Cunningham (former St.Brigid's manager) did his home work & got his tactics spot on. St. Brigid's downfall was the slow start they have been getting away with the slow starts in the Roscommon championship but it wasn't going to happen v the leinster champions.

Has been a long two years for St Brigid's they proudly flew the Roscommon/Connacht flags & i'm sure they will be back to give it another lash in the years ahead.

P.S well done Crossmaglen the Armagh machine keeps rolling has the makings of a good final.
Slow start , missed chances , midfield bet, big names not that influential... maybe a team just gone a biteen past it?
Who knows maybe your crowd Elphin will fly the Roscommon flag next year.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Quote from: ross4life on February 18, 2012, 09:36:48 PM

Who knows maybe your crowd Elphin will fly the Roscommon flag next year.
Doubt it. :(
If Elphin did manage a County title I suspect there might be difficulty focusing on the Connacht Club championship ( ... or anything else for that matter  8) ;D)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Best of luck to Garrycastle in the Final . I think they're going to need it all.

Age profile and underage success says differently. No need to over-react - they're easily the best club in the county and will be a good bet for another county title this year. In Connacht they'll have a huge battle to put together three Connacht titltes but it's not like any team in the providence will be able to out-class Brigids. The possibility of an All-Ireland is very much still there.

theticklemister

I think Kilbride was dangerous when he had ball but Frankie did not see the ball often enough and Karl Mannion did not get into the game.

theticklemister

Quote from: Syferus on February 18, 2012, 09:46:42 PM

Age profile and underage success says differently. No need to over-react - they're easily the best club in the county and will be a good bet for another county title this year. In Connacht they'll have a huge battle to put together three Connacht titltes but it's not like any team in the providence will be able to out-class Brigids. The possibility of an All-Ireland is very much still there.

They were very lucky in connaught final when the ref gave them everything................ THANK ECK cause I was waiting on them for a bet!!!!!!!

Captain Obvious

To win after seven points and down a man Cross showed their class again today just have to finish the job on March 17th now.

Tubberman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 18, 2012, 10:09:45 PM
To win after seven points and down a man Cross showed their class again today just have to finish the job on March 17th now.

They'll be strong favourites, and rightly so - they're a model club. But I will be probably be cheering for Garrycastle - 9 times out of 10 I'll go for the underdog.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

mountainboii

Congrats to Cross, obstinate as usual. Whatever about Clarke & McConville up front and their lauded backline, it was their midfield efforts that dictated the flow of today's game. Before McKenna's introduction they were overrun in this sector. He got them competing and they had enough class elsewhere to finish off the job. Johnny Hanratty put in a good shift too, he's a big player in this next generation Cross team. Can't see anything other than a sixth title on St. Patrick's Day. This team will push past Nemo's record by the time they're done.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AFS on February 18, 2012, 10:41:24 PM
Congrats to Cross, obstinate as usual. Whatever about Clarke & McConville up front and their lauded backline, it was their midfield efforts that dictated the flow of today's game. Before McKenna's introduction they were overrun in this sector. He got them competing and they had enough class elsewhere to finish off the job. Johnny Hanratty put in a good shift too, he's a big player in this next generation Cross team. Can't see anything other than a sixth title on St. Patrick's Day. This team will push past Nemo's record by the time they're done.

Do ye think? ;)  Johnny Waah and Titch were great in the second half.  I would have had Aaron Cunningham off on the first half display but he put in some serious work in the second half and his point was special.  They are all special footballers and all played their part.  It was also refreshing to see management make big calls early out, not waiting till the game was half over before making changes. Roll on Paddy's Day!

mountainboii

Any early rumblings about Kernan's red, bcb? TG4 replays weren't very clear but I'm sure Cross had their own camera. He's put up with a lot of crap at times during his football career, would be an awful shame for him to miss out on what would probably be his biggest day of all.

brokencrossbar1

No word but I'm not around home. I would imagine they will do whatever can be done to have SK back. Would be a travesty as he is not evem close to a dirty footballer. It was a cybical follow through on him that got the desired reaction.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: AFS on February 18, 2012, 11:05:32 PM
Any early rumblings about Kernan's red, bcb? TG4 replays weren't very clear but I'm sure Cross had their own camera. He's put up with a lot of crap at times during his football career, would be an awful shame for him to miss out on what would probably be his biggest day of all.

i would imagine he will get a month, which will make his suspension end at midnight on 16th March. The leap year has saved him !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012