Started by armaghranger12, February 13, 2012, 02:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Tubberman on February 18, 2012, 03:25:40 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 18, 2012, 03:24:56 PM
Well done Cross. Some outfit.

Let the Kerry whinging commence......

Don't be a p***k.

Why are you getting so upset by this? It's a reasonable comment to make!  :)
That was never a square ball!!

Orchardman

First thing i thought when cross went 7 points down was that they were still definately going to win. I was thinking what the online odds would be but i have never bet on football in my life so didnt bother my hole checking. Might sound easy to say now but that's how many times we have seen them come back from slow starts to go on and win big games, to me it was never in doubt.

For kerry posters: brosnan is a tank, was always a big fan of his in his early days when he ran direct at people from half forward, a hard man to stop. Will be a good addition to kerry again this year

Orchardman

Quote from: Tubberman on February 18, 2012, 03:22:53 PM
Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on February 18, 2012, 03:21:30 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 18, 2012, 03:11:18 PM
C O Mairtin's Irish wouldn't be deadly either. "In eadan an gaoth".

Oh a couple of years ago I remember this fella continually saying "wis-agat" (an bhfuil is agat?) during some game.. Fair enough saying "you know" at the end of sentence like plenty of people do, but for someone not from a gaeltacht to go translating it!.. And someone must have told him, cause he has stopped it..
An bhfuil fhios agat.

kevin cassidy (although reared in glasgow) says it plenty of times, nothing wrong with it.  C O Mairtin is fairly handy to listen to

bridgegael

it wasnt the seven points down that i was impressed with,  whencrokes got their second goal to level,  ten mins to go, man down, playing against the wind.  they went straight up field and scored one one, many teams would have crumbled then.  great team.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Smokin Joe

Why did McKenna not start?

Was S Kernan the other midfielder before Titch came on?

NP 76

Cross total class all over the field and on the line . Just take whats thrown at them whether its a sending off poor weather conditions or a goal against them they just adapt . Even when Kernan got sent off harshly he just turned and ran off with no yaping at the referee pure class

Tubberman

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 18, 2012, 03:49:09 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on February 18, 2012, 03:25:40 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 18, 2012, 03:24:56 PM
Well done Cross. Some outfit.

Let the Kerry whinging commence......

Don't be a p***k.

Why are you getting so upset by this? It's a reasonable comment to make!  :)

I'm not upset at all. I just thought it was a crass comment to make when a team had just lost an All-Ireland semi final. But apparently he's a 'character', so that's nothing new.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Armamike

What do you have to do to beat this team? In Bill Shankly's words, they'll need to send a team from Mars.
That's just, like your opinion man.

muppet

Great win for Cross coming from behind. They ill be serious favourites over Garrycastle but it doesn't seem to bother them which way it falls.

Terrible shame that the showcase matches of this great competition are played in f**king February.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Well done Cross. Great, great club in fairness. This is there second great team, and even down to the big awkward full forward ;)

I think they'll be far too cute and balanced for Garrycastle, but I'll be hoping our neighbours can bring the Merrigan Cup away from Cross. Cross have enough of them :D

spuds

Quote from: shark on February 18, 2012, 03:33:32 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 18, 2012, 03:27:36 PM
Quote from: shark on February 18, 2012, 03:25:23 PM
Garrycastle. Hats off.

Heard they were poor enough in the first half and they had the wind as well. Must have put in a huge second half performance.

Unreal. O'Shaughnessy was sent off too and he was lording it at midfield. James Dolan was everywhere.

Great win for them, tough one for Brigids after being on the go so long. Hard to see anything other than a Crossmaglen win in the final, when you compare the subs that they can introduce to the Garrycastle ones it's frightening. Hope Garrycastle give them a right rattle.

Would you guess Shark on odds for final ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

shark

Quote from: spuds on February 18, 2012, 05:11:27 PM
Garrycastle. Hats off.

Heard they were poor enough in the first half and they had the wind as well. Must have put in a huge second half performance.

Unreal. O'Shaughnessy was sent off too and he was lording it at midfield. James Dolan was everywhere.

Great win for them, tough one for Brigids after being on the go so long. Hard to see anything other than a Crossmaglen win in the final, when you compare the subs that they can introduce to the Garrycastle ones it's frightening. Hope Garrycastle give them a right rattle.

Jeez I'm no bookie, but I'd imagine Garrycastle could be 4 or 5 to 1. Maybe a 5 point handicap, so whatever odds equate to that.
Just watched the 2nd half there after returning home.  Paddy Mulvihill had some game, got through so much dirty work, really not like him.

spuds

Quote from: shark on February 18, 2012, 05:30:54 PM
Quote from: spuds on February 18, 2012, 05:11:27 PM
Garrycastle. Hats off.

Jeez I'm no bookie, but I'd imagine Garrycastle could be 4 or 5 to 1. Maybe a 5 point handicap, so whatever odds equate to that.
Just watched the 2nd half there after returning home.  Paddy Mulvihill had some game, got through so much dirty work, really not like him.
Have you mixed up with Lone Shark the poster, Mulvihill got MOTM on TG4. Guess odds around 2/1 maybe. Will see soon enough.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

ross4life

Had a feeling one of the favourites would be beaten shame it had to be St Brigid's. Congrats Garrycastle without a shadow of doubt on the day the best team won. Anthony Cunningham (former St.Brigid's manager) did his home work & got his tactics spot on. St. Brigid's downfall was the slow start they have been getting away with the slow starts in the Roscommon championship but it wasn't going to happen v the leinster champions.

Has been a long two years for St Brigid's they proudly flew the Roscommon/Connacht flags & i'm sure they will be back to give it another lash in the years ahead.

P.S well done Crossmaglen the Armagh machine keeps rolling has the makings of a good final.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Aaron Boone

Both finals Ulster teams v Leinster.
Still 4 weeks away.
Gooch might be back for Down v Kerry in NFL round 3.