Loyalist Parade in Whitecross, Co Armagh.

Started by Feckitt, February 02, 2012, 11:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Genius

Quote from: Rossfan on February 03, 2012, 11:34:47 AM
Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on February 03, 2012, 09:25:12 AM
4. Inappropriate posts, incitement or racist posting.
   This is a very broad topic, and can be the most subjective in the way the moderators view things. In general, it would be the 'good manners' rule. Specific examples of
    inappropriate posts would be the following. (This list is by no means conclusive)
      - Abusive posts between fans of soccer teams, clearly not part of good humoured banter. Mentions of Hillsborough, Munich, Heysel or alluding to these incidents in a
        way designed to incite other posters to break forum rules.
      - Sectarian posts, or posts advocating violence against any community or person. Some of the topics under discussion from the different cultures on this island have
        come close to this. That will not be allowed or accomodated.

- Racist posts, including posts propogating racist views about any race or community.

"What about "  ;D :-* the disgraceful posts a few months ago by EG and Myles peddling the tale that Pat Finucane was a member of the IRA and deserved to be killed?

I said nothing of the sort.

What I said was that I believe strongly that if Finucane wasn't in the IRA, then he was their "in-house lawyer". There is ample evidence to support that opinion, therefore it is no worse/controversial than saying eg that Gerry Adams was in the IRA despite his denials, or that Martin McGuinness was still in the IRA long after he claims he left it.

As for saying that "he deserved to be killed", what I actually said was that his murder was wrong and unjustified and that the people responsible should be brought to justice. However, what I added (in passing) was that nonetheless, I can find no great sympathy for him, either. I would say exactly the same eg about the murder of Billy Wright and would point out that even if distasteful, such a remark is no different eg than those people who posted how they would celebrate when eg Thatcher or Paisley die.

P.S. I've not got a great deal of time just now to post on this, or any other, matters, but I don't take kindly to being misrepresented by someone who doesn't even take two minutes to check what it is I actually did post.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

HiMucker

Quote from: Evil Genius on February 03, 2012, 02:29:25 PM
   This is a very broad topic, and can be the most subjective in the way the moderators view things. In general, it would be the 'good manners' rule. Specific examples of
    inappropriate posts would be the following. (This list is by no means conclusive)
      - Abusive posts between fans of soccer teams, clearly not part of good humoured banter. Mentions of Hillsborough, Munich, Heysel or alluding to these incidents in a
      - Sectarian posts, or posts advocating violence against any community or person. Some of the topics under discussion from the different cultures on this island have

- Racist posts, including posts propogating racist views about any race or community.

"What about "  ;D :-* the disgraceful posts a few months ago by EG and Myles peddling the tale that Pat Finucane was a member of the IRA and deserved to be killed?

What I said was that I believe strongly that if Finucane wasn't in the IRA, then he was their "in-house lawyer". There is ample evidence to support that opinion, therefore it is no worse/controversial than saying eg that Gerry Adams was in the IRA despite his denials, or that Martin McGuinness was still in the IRA long after he claims he left it.

As for saying that "he deserved to be killed", what I actually said was that his murder was wrong and unjustified and that the people responsible should be brought to justice. However, what I added (in passing) was that nonetheless, I can find no great sympathy for him, either. I would say exactly the same eg about the murder of Billy Wright and would point out that even if distasteful, such a remark is no different eg than those people who posted how they would celebrate when eg Thatcher or Paisley die.
P.S. I've not got a great deal of time just now to post on this, or any other, matters, but I don't take kindly to being misrepresented by someone who doesn't even take two minutes to check what it is I actually did post.
Would the view "that everyone has the right to fair legal representation" not be one of the cornerstones of British democracy.  So how can you say that you "have no great sympathy for him",  when one of its "subjecs" is carrying out that duty.  Or would you just have no sympathy for solicitors in general?

Rossfan

Quote from: Evil Genius on February 03, 2012, 02:29:25 PM

From a post by EG about Pat Finucane a "criminal terrorist"
    Re: British State Collusion
« Reply #93 on: 13 October 2011, 20:12:08 »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: pintsofguinness on 13 October 2011, 19:32:40
I would have thought that anyone who believes in the rule of law would be in favour of the accused to have a solicitor representing them.  Is it just Finucane...
Of course every accused should have a solicitor to represent them. It's just I don't think that a criminal/terrorist like Finucane is fit to do that job.

... or would you have no sympathy for any solicitor being murdered in their home?
Of course I have sympathy for any innocent who is murdered, whether solicitor or no.

In every case, I feel such killings should be condemned and the perpetrators brought ot justice. but neither process automatically requires sympathy for the victim, at least where that victim is a sc**bag like Finucane.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ziggysego

In fairness to EG, he didn't actually say that Finucane deserved to be murdered. He merely said he believes he was in the IRA, but the murder was inexcusable.

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 13, 2011, 08:43:54 PM
I did not make any excuses for killing Finucane - any such killing is inexcusable, which is why I condemn it and would like to see the killers tried and convicted etc.

But that is out of concern for the Rule of Law, rather than for Finucane, who I no more believe to have been an "innocent man" than I believe eg Gerry Adams never to have been in the IRA.

It was Myles who was happy to see him murdered.

Quote from: Myles Na G. on October 12, 2011, 10:55:22 PM
1. PF was murdered.
2. There was British state involvement in his murder.
3. PF, like his brothers, was an active member of the IRA.

I repeat, he was in the IRA, he got shot, get over it.
Testing Accessibility

Rossfan

Original post amended to reflect EG's posts where he  displays his ability to slitheringly denigrate a good man's reputation  while avoiding saying he deserved what he got.
That was left to the less legally streetwise Myles to post.

By the way what was said about Frazer wasn't very nice but then again neither is he.
A shitstirring twisted bigoted hate filled cnut.

Tony Baloney

You boys are like the soccer players holding up the imaginary red card to the ref.

ziggysego

Quote from: Rossfan on February 03, 2012, 04:09:41 PM
Original post amended to reflect EG's posts where he  displays his ability to slitheringly denigrate a good man's reputation  while avoiding saying he deserved what he got.

You can't amended another user's post, to reflect what you perceive what he's trying to say. I've known EG along time on this board and messaging in private. I can't say I agree with a lot of what he says, but he says what he means and I can only respect that.
Testing Accessibility

Rossfan

trileacman

Can we a have a "Northern Ireland politics discussion" section? I'm sick of the same suspects, peddling the same shite, ad infintum on here. f**k me does the past, going back 100 years in some cases, occupy your daily lives that f**king much?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Nally Stand

Quote from: trileacman on February 03, 2012, 05:17:08 PM
Can we a have a "Northern Ireland politics discussion" section? I'm sick of the same suspects, peddling the same shite, ad infintum on here. f**k me does the past, going back 100 years in some cases, occupy your daily lives that f**king much?

There are usually about seven or eight soccer threads on page one of general discussion on any given day. I have no interest in soccer, so my solution is to not click on those threads. Just an idea.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Oraisteach

On October 13, EG wrote, "As someone who believes in the Rule of Law, I have to be consistent and say that Finucane's murder was wrong*, and the perpetrators should be brought to justice.

However, I am entirely comfortable with holding that view and at the same time having absolutely ZERO sympathy for the man himself, or the manner and timing of his death."

This post encapsulates the greasy-pig slipperiness of EG's stance on this and like issues.  The first statement is to be lauded as the epitome of moral uprightness, but the second, with its diluting "however" and absolutist "entirely" is problematic.  Perfectly OK to have ZERO sympathy for Pat Finucane or even the timing of his death.  But the "manner"?  Execution is acceptable, then?  So, he deserved what he got?  To be killed, without due process, by agents of the state?

lawnseed

its high time whitecross had their own orange parade to get annoyed about.. for far too long they had been left out... the orangemen need to stop outside the reaveys house and give thier drums a particulary good beating just incase they are hard of hearing there on the roadside... while theyre at their at their tea or during cornation street. every town should have a contentious parade its traditional
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Dougal Maguire

EG Should be banned. I get pissed off reading all the attempts to reach out to him. As far as I'm concerned he's like a fox in a henhouse
Careful now

charlieTully

Quote from: trileacman on February 03, 2012, 05:17:08 PM

Surely you men "North of Ireland" politics discussion"section?