Loyalist Parade in Whitecross, Co Armagh.

Started by Feckitt, February 02, 2012, 11:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

The Bould Wullie Frazer has an application in to hold a loyalist band parade through the 95%+ Catholic village of Whitecross in Co.Armagh.  It is in commemmoration of the innocent victims of the Kingsmills Massacre which took place in 1976.  They propose to march along the route the victims took from Glenanne, through Whitecross and on to the country roadside spot where the men were shot.  The Kingsmills innocent families have never had any justice for their loved ones and have campaigned for years in a dignified and respectful way.
Few if any residents along the route would object to them marching from Glenanne through Whitecross and onto the lonely roadside spot where their loved ones were killed, indeed I'm sure most local residents would support them all the way,

However, Guess what Wullie has planned?

A parade with at least 11 loyalist bands, 450 participants and up to 100 additional supporters.  Parades commission are to decide next week.

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Orior

We should be big enough to let them have their parade. Unlike Drumcree, it is a one-off commemoration, and them'uns love their commemorations. Obviously their should be no need for the flag waving stuff. We could also offer them the use of the GAA pitch.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Denn Forever

Tea and Sandwiches in the Parish Hall?

Up to 500-600 participants doesn't sound excessive and it is a commemoration.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

screenexile

Are they definitely loyalist bands? How can Wullie justify having Loyalist bands at this commemoration. If they are normal run of the mill protestant bands then fair enough but those drum thumping ex UDA/UVF gimps should be staying away!

fitzroyalty

I think Willie's main intention here isn't commeration but rather to stoke up tension.

Much like the way he deliberately refers to one of the surviving Reavey bros whenever he sees him, by his dead brother's name.

glens abu

They should not be allowed to march through Whitecross as it will become an yearly event and they will have to walk their traditional route every year.

brokencrossbar1

Why have a commemeration march, why not simply have a service at the side of the road. Why have bands? What do the families of the deceased think about this? Do they support it? Its time to put an end to this idiot and his nonsense.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 02, 2012, 12:59:31 PM
Why have a commemeration march, why not simply have a service at the side of the road. Why have bands? What do the families of the deceased think about this? Do they support it? Its time to put an end to this idiot and his nonsense.
There already is an annual service at the spot and they are trying to gather up money for a permanent memorial there. I would say Wullie is playing the families like a fiddle.

oakleafgael

There was a very dignified road side commemoration around 2/3 weeks ago at the Teebane crossroads for those who where murdered in similar circumstances. No march was needed or wanted. Whats the difference now?

The weasel involved here is trying his best to stir up local agitation.

sammymaguire

when is this supposed to take place?  ??? no bloody need
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ziggysego

Wullie wants a reaction, so give him the worse reaction possible - none.
Testing Accessibility

GAA_Talk

Quote from: ziggysego on February 02, 2012, 01:18:04 PM
Wullie wants a reaction, so give him the worse reaction possible - none.

He wouldn't know what to do with himself. no doubt he's already finished typing up his response to the oncoming outcry to this proposal.

NAG1

Is this where the European money he got is going? or is it all smuggled away into off shore accounts already?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: NAG1 on February 02, 2012, 01:24:28 PM
Is this where the European money he got is going? or is it all smuggled away into off shore accounts already?
How dare you! Removing his funding was all part of an elaborate plot.