NFL Division 2 2012

Started by Jinxy, January 28, 2012, 03:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Haven

Quote from: shark on February 06, 2012, 10:45:54 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 06, 2012, 10:10:23 AM
Hopeful but ultimately depressing day in Haggardstown yesterday. Point up at half time after sticking with them for the first half but Keenan blew us away in the second, head and shoulders the best player on the field. There is hope there for the future though, English did well midfield for his first league game there, Maguire wing back and for a small man I thought Philllip Sheridan was showing a lot of heart and effort. It would have been one from three of Sharry, McCormack or Giles for me, none were going well. Hopefully we can get a settled team towards the end of the league and finish with a win or two to set us up for Championship, another short year awaits.  >:(

I would expect 7 defeats from 7. It is the weakest panel Westmeath have had in a long long time. Unfortunately there is not much that can be done with regard to personnel. The quality of players available is just not of a high enough standard for division 2. In fact, I don't think it would be high enough for division 3.

yeah, we're really up against it this year.

In fact I'm going to run an accumulator against Westmeath for the entire duration of the league to ease the pain.

Had €100 on Louth at 1.9. €190 going on Meath at what ever price as soon as odds come out (talk about dirty money).

shark

Quote from: Bill Haven on February 06, 2012, 03:11:51 PM

yeah, we're really up against it this year.

In fact I'm going to run an accumulator against Westmeath for the entire duration of the league to ease the pain.

Had €100 on Louth at 1.9. €190 going on Meath at what ever price as soon as odds come out (talk about dirty money).

You got good odds on Louth. I had them backed too, but at a poorer price. Feels bad backs against your own county but when I heard the team on Saturday I knew they were in trouble. Like you say, the winnings can help ease the pain.

Bill Haven

yeah I just happened to log on to Ladbrokes as soon as odds came out. They cut Louth to 1.57 after my bet and when the other books priced them up they were 1.5.

Maguire01

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 06, 2012, 11:16:54 AM
I'd expect the same myself shark tbh. The Monaghan match might be one to aim for if we have the Garrycastle players back.
Feck off - they're our two points... and we'll need them!

thejuice

Meath (Allianz FL v Westmeath)

D Gallagher;

M Burke, B Menton, G O'Brien;
C O'Connor, S McAnarney, C McGuinness;

B Meade, M Ward;

S Kenny, G Reilly, C Lenehan;
P Gilsenan, S Bray, C Ward.

Decent side but no new names. Hopefully Menton can make a solid claim on FB, we need more than just one real FB in Kevin Reilly.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

GaillimhIarthair

Galway Team v Louth - 2.30pm Pearse Stadium

1 Adrian Faherty
2 Colin Forde
3 Finian Hanley
4 Keith Kelly
5 Garreth Bradshaw
6 Johnny Duane
7 Gary O'Donnell
8 Thomas Flynn
9 Fionntáin Ó Curraoin
10 Gary Sice
11 Paul Conroy
12 Mark Hehir
13 Michael Martin
14 Nicky Joyce
15 Danny Cummins

The team shows two changes  from the Derry starting fifteen, Adrian Faherty replaces Manus Breathnach in goal while Gary Sice comes in for Jonathan Ryan in the half foward line. Nicky Joyces who started last week in place of Cormac Bane retains the no 14 spot. 

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath (NFL v Meath): Gary Connaughton,
Michael Curley, Kieran Gavin, Daniel McDermott,
Ronan Foley, Michael Ennis, Kevin Maguire,
Trevor English, Aidan Finnan,
Kieran Martin, Alan Giles, Philip Sheridan,
Paul Sharry, Denis Glennon, Callum McCormack.

Subs: Darren Quinn, Kieran Sheridan, Ben Moran, Mark Dalton, Darragh Daly, Paul Bannon, John Egan, David Glennon, Mark Gorman, Alan Fennell, Alan Stone.

Same team named as started against Louth, doubt we will line out like that, Glennon for 1 probably won't recover from going over on his ankle again. Gonna be a tough Sunday to lick up in Cusack Park.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

Quote from: thejuice on February 10, 2012, 11:50:55 AM
Meath (Allianz FL v Westmeath)

D Gallagher;

M Burke, B Menton, G O'Brien;
C O'Connor, S McAnarney, C McGuinness;

B Meade, M Ward;

S Kenny, G Reilly, C Lenehan;
P Gilsenan, S Bray, C Ward.

Decent side but no new names. Hopefully Menton can make a solid claim on FB, we need more than just one real FB in Kevin Reilly.

I'd rather see him out the field to be honest.
We need a bit of mobility and speed around the middle.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Sure but I think FB is a more pressing need.

Kenny, McAnerney and Lenehan should be good enough to win breaks and provide mobility. Tom Walsh is another option there (if he's on the bench).
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Oh I agree that when Kevin is missing Menton is the best option at FB but hopefully when he's back fit Menton can be released out around the middle.

thejuice

Go home ref

Kildare were pathetic today the only thing worse than kildares performance today was the appalling performance of the ref. The tempers were fairly lost at half time aswel

Jinxy

I wouldn't read a massive amount into our two wins to date however it's good to see us putting up big scores as that was a huge weakness of ours last year.
The main thing is to keep the confidence levels up and get lads used to winning.
The Kildare game in Navan will be massive for both teams.
We need to draw a line in the sand and they need the points.

Jinxy

Good result for Louth today although I believe ye should have won in the end.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Jinxy on February 12, 2012, 05:07:01 PM
Good result for Louth today although I believe ye should have won in the end.

Draw was probably a fair result in the end. Galway led pretty much the whole game until a few minutes from the end. Didn't play nearly as well as they did up in Derry last week especially in the 2nd half but the team is so young that there are going to be ups and downs with them.