Kildare  2/1 
Tyrone  3/1 
Galway  5/1 
Meath  11/2 
Derry  6/1 
Monaghan  10/1 
Westmeath  28/1 
Louth  28/1 

I think they're probably right about the bottom 2... maybe even the bottom 3. But not sure why Galway are so high up the list.

Jinxy

I'd just like to wish you all all the best for the coming league campaign.
I'd like to welcome Westmeath and Louth to the club.
The finest folk in the world are division 2 folk.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

Here, Westmeath and Louth posters have to get permission before they talk. 
Not here a wet week and ye already think ye own the place. >:(

Bill Haven

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 30, 2012, 10:22:45 AM
Dragged up to Haggardstown again, is Drogeda completely unplayable this time of year?

Not looking forward to this year. At all.

same as. It's not going to be pretty.

thejuice

TOP OF THE LEAGUE   ;D ;D ;D ;D

:P

Happy to get the win but Monaghan kicked wides by the barrow full in the second half.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Car trouble stopped me making it to Navan so I had to settle for Croke Park.
Glad to hear we put up a decent score but I believe midfield was poor and we struggled defensively in the 2nd half.

All of a Sludden

Louth 0-12  1-06 Westmeath
Derry 1-11  1-15 Galway
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Jinxy

That's a great win for Galway.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Jinxy on February 05, 2012, 04:13:11 PM
That's a great win for Galway.

Yeah great win alright. Especially with a bunch of kids basically and a few older heads.

Jinxy

Nicky Joyce strikes me as a real old school corner forward.
His two favourite things in life are kicking points and drinking pints!
Hopefully he knuckles down and sets himself up for a big season.
I noticed alright Galway had a lot of last years u-21's playing.
They could give the league and championship a good rattle this year.

Croí na hÉireann

Hopeful but ultimately depressing day in Haggardstown yesterday. Point up at half time after sticking with them for the first half but Keenan blew us away in the second, head and shoulders the best player on the field. Louth weren't great, with only 2 home games left they'll probably come back down with us, lost a lot of players to emigration. There is hope there for the future though, English did well midfield for his first league game there, Maguire wing back and for a small man I thought Philllip Sheridan was showing a lot of heart and effort. Couldn't believe it when they took him off. It would have been one from three of Sharry, McCormack or Giles for me, none were going well. Hopefully we can get a settled team towards the end of the league and finish with a win or two to set us up for Championship, another short year awaits.  >:(
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

shark

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 06, 2012, 10:10:23 AM
Hopeful but ultimately depressing day in Haggardstown yesterday. Point up at half time after sticking with them for the first half but Keenan blew us away in the second, head and shoulders the best player on the field. There is hope there for the future though, English did well midfield for his first league game there, Maguire wing back and for a small man I thought Philllip Sheridan was showing a lot of heart and effort. It would have been one from three of Sharry, McCormack or Giles for me, none were going well. Hopefully we can get a settled team towards the end of the league and finish with a win or two to set us up for Championship, another short year awaits.  >:(

I would expect 7 defeats from 7. It is the weakest panel Westmeath have had in a long long time. Unfortunately there is not much that can be done with regard to personnel. The quality of players available is just not of a high enough standard for division 2. In fact, I don't think it would be high enough for division 3.

Croí na hÉireann

I'd expect the same myself shark tbh. The Monaghan match might be one to aim for if we have the Garrycastle players back.

shark

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 06, 2012, 11:16:54 AM
I'd expect the same myself shark tbh. The Monaghan match might be one to aim for if we have the Garrycastle players back.

I wouldn't be expecting miracles when they come back. There are only going to be 4 of them involved, and I'll be surprised if Dessie doesn't need a small break. Out of the injured players only Daly and Egan will make an impact, in my opinion.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: shark on February 06, 2012, 11:28:49 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 06, 2012, 11:16:54 AM

I wouldn't be expecting miracles when they come back. There are only going to be 4 of them involved, and I'll be surprised if Dessie doesn't need a small break. Out of the injured players only Daly and Egan will make an impact, in my opinion.

I don't think anyone is expecting miracles, praying for them maybe. You could see Shaugho back yet, I'd have him in there with Daly for a bit of physicality. Would love to see Seanie O'Donoghue as well but not going to happen. Like I said, another short year.