Started by Syferus, January 28, 2012, 05:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spectator

Quote from: LaurelEye on March 24, 2012, 08:14:38 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 24, 2012, 07:28:50 PM
Tipp 0-6 Longford 0-5 after 25 minutes.
Willie H doing the commentary  :o :o

Christ, are we not suffering enough?

Vintage Willie there, commentating legend.

Barry Grogan 'puts the bacon in the oven and maybe even makes a dinner of it'  ... for those unfamiliar with the Rossie radio maestro, this may be interpreted as Barry Grogan winning and lining up a scorable Tipp free, with the game in the melting pot.

Longford's Reilly ' twists and turns like he's in a dancehall, kicks a Hairy-Mary and scores a Hairy Mary' ... never heard that one before but i suspect, all jiving aside, he was describing a kick akin to the better known 'Hail-Mary' which may have been borderline???

Congrats on promotion Larries, well deserved.

Shamrock Shore

Longford put in an awful performance but we have staggered over the line!

At the end the announcer said attendance of 414!

More anon when I get home

Rossfan

414 in Thurles ... must have been a scary place and it in  the dark too  :o
They threw away the mould when they made Willie alright  ;D ;D
Well done Larries indeed , hope ye can stay up.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Hopefully our wonderful Shannonside breathern won't get lazy next week, we'll need their help if we have any chance of sneaking into D2.

Obviously teams are playing better at home and worse away, maybe Antrim can make some shape of Wexford in Casement. They won't be short motivation since they know it's their only hope of remaining in the race themselves but the Antrim team that showed up the last two weeks doesn't inspire much confidence.

Shamrock Shore

414 + childer - probably 500. Floodlights were on.

80% were from Longford I'd say. Most making a night of it but staying in the local hoselries. (There was the 'Tipp Lovely Girls' competition on in The Anner Hotel.)

It was a poor game - full of errors and missed opportunities but what the hey, we got at least what we set out to acheive on the trip.

I did not think we'd get promoted so soon so well done to all concerned.

Glen Ryan is certain the Div 3 final will be in Croker.

Tomorrow may decide opponents. I too hope that Longford don't go 'easy' in the last match if it comes to this which may disadvantage the neighbours

ross4life

Wexford leading by 5 promotion looking very likely now for them.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Ah well another year in div 3 for us, well done wexford
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Denn Forever

QuoteLongford's Reilly ' twists and turns like he's in a dancehall, kicks a Hairy-Mary and scores a Hairy Mary'

Wouldn't have believed it until I heard it live.

And did you know, God loves good footballers
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

sligoman2

Sligo   1- 10
Offaly  0-6

HT

Sligo taking some great scores.  Offaly have the wind in the second half.

Johny Davey and Johny Martin have gone off injured.  Coen, Breheny and Marren scoring from everywhere.
Coen is having a blinder.

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

ross4life

Level at ht 1-7 to 0-10 we recovered well from the poor start, good game but the ref is trying his best to ruin it

Shamrock Shore

QuoteAnd did you know, God loves good footballers

Yes  - he said this as well today. I am doomed, doomed, I tells ya.

ross4life

We won 1-17 to 1-12 good win decent showing

sligoman2

Good win for Sligo - 2 points win in the end.

At least we stay up and can relax for the Roscommon game....
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

panc56

Well done to Glen Ryan and his backroom team. The players have put in a huge effort and Division Two is the ideal place for the talent coming through.
Roll on Laois in May. I hope the Co Board make a big push to promote this game locally'and get a huge crowd backing the team.

Shamrock Shore

Am I correct in saying if Offaly beat Tipp and Cavan lose to Antrim then Cavan head south to Div 4?