NFL Division 3 2012

Started by Syferus, January 28, 2012, 05:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurelEye

Quote from: hardstation on March 18, 2012, 06:39:34 PM
Quote from: LaurelEye on March 18, 2012, 06:28:04 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 18, 2012, 03:27:44 PM
Antrim down now to 14. Armstrong second yellow.

I think it could have been a straight red. I didn't see any second yellow.
What did he do? Very unlike Mickey to be put off.

Caught Declan Reilly round the neck.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 19, 2012, 12:42:01 AM
Longford's second half performance was their worst period of play in the League this season by all accounts. If Antrim had the full 15 on the pitch then they probably would have won it. Perhaps Longford switched off after going 7 points up and their opponents down to 14 five minutes into the second half. I was sure Shannonside had Armstrong in for a second yellow.

As I said, I didn't see the yellow, which is not the same thing as there not having been one.

Sticking for fifteen minutes of a strategy of having two extra men in defence while leaving Antrim with an extra man to mop up the few forwards we had was.... em.... interesting.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

AZOffaly

ross4life

Jaysus indeed a real relegation battle in O Connor Park on Sunday. Longford should 100% confirm promotion on Saturday TBH they have what it takes more than any team in this Division to complete in the level above. Under performing Tipp will probably fall through the trap down while Wexford should join the Larries but they won't want reminding what happened last year.

If they slip up again ourselves or Antrim will be waiting to pounce! i hope we get a few shock results this weekend as if we don't alot of the final round of fixtures will be nothing more than challenge games.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on March 20, 2012, 05:58:04 PM
Jaysus indeed a real relegation battle in O Connor Park on Sunday. Longford should 100% confirm promotion on Saturday TBH they have what it takes more than any team in this Division to complete in the level above. Under performing Tipp will probably fall through the trap down while Wexford should join the Larries but they won't want reminding what happened last year.

If they slip up again ourselves or Antrim will be waiting to pounce! i hope we get a few shock results this weekend as if we don't alot of the final round of fixtures will be nothing more than challenge games.

Agreed, at the very least it'd make the trip to Markievicz more than just a scouting report for a potential Connacht semi-final.

I have to imagine Antrim are a superior team at home, they certainly didn't cause us or Longford much trouble these last two weeks.

Shamrock Shore

We should at least draw in Tipp on Sat. They have no manager but we came a cropper in a similar situation in the Leinster a few years ago when a managerless Carlow (or maybe Luke was drafted in at the 11th hour) ambushed us in Portlaoise when we were hot favourites.

The phrase "don't count chickens...." was invented in Longford.

Ironically if we do get to the Div 3 final in Croke Park it's on Sat 28 April...the day of my young wan's communion!

I've not missed a Longford game in Croker since the All Ireland semi in 1968!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 20, 2012, 11:57:28 PM
We should at least draw in Tipp on Sat. They have no manager but we came a cropper in a similar situation in the Leinster a few years ago when a managerless Carlow (or maybe Luke was drafted in at the 11th hour) ambushed us in Portlaoise when we were hot favourites.

The phrase "don't count chickens...." was invented in Longford.

Ironically if we do get to the Div 3 final in Croke Park it's on Sat 28 April...the day of my young wan's communion!

I've not missed a Longford game in Croker since the All Ireland semi in 1968!!

Neither of them???    ;)

This Years Model

No venue yet for that Div 3 Final, Shamrock, at least according to gaa.ie.

Shamrock Shore

Just going on last year when the Div 3 and Div 4 finals were held in Croke Park on a Sat. I spose there may be a rethink as the crowd was only about 6k for the games.

Rossfan

Ros have named the same starting 15 as took the field in Wexford Park last Sunday.
I wonder..... but anyway we can expect to see Donie and Senan and maybe Domican who has resumed duty with the panel.
I expect O'Gara will come in too at some stage.
If Longford win as expected and Wexford beat Antrim then promotion is done and dusted even if we bate the Cavanites as best we can do then is finish level with Wexford and they bet us .
However a win for Antrim ( and us of course ) would make for an interesting last day.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on March 23, 2012, 04:48:28 PM
Ros have named the same starting 15 as took the field in Wexford Park last Sunday.
I wonder..... but anyway we can expect to see Donie and Senan and maybe Domican who has resumed duty with the panel.
I expect O'Gara will come in too at some stage.
If Longford win as expected and Wexford beat Antrim then promotion is done and dusted even if we bate the Cavanites as best we can do then is finish level with Wexford and they bet us .
However a win for Antrim ( and us of course ) would make for an interesting last day.
Not sure how Des can go with the same team after our worst display of the league last weekend? With the Galway championship game just 8 weeks away we really need to be starting close to our strongest line up.

Unless Antrim show what they haven't shown the last two games Wexford should win to wrap up promotion but still it's important we finish the league campaign with 100% home record & get one over Cavan after our last two dreadful displays vs them.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Has to be a shell team, surely?

Kilbride and Shine need to be played into form and we've only got two competitive games to go 'till Galway. And we need to be exploring other options in the middle, be it Cathal Shine for a half v. Cavan or moving someone else into the middle, we just aren't getting a proper platform to work from. A better midfield and we'd have won every game we've played this year, and with something to spare. We're tantalisingly close to a very good team if we can arrange the chairs correctly.

Rossfan

Tipp 0-6 Longford 0-5 after 25 minutes.
Willie H doing the commentary  :o :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LaurelEye

Quote from: Rossfan on March 24, 2012, 07:28:50 PM
Tipp 0-6 Longford 0-5 after 25 minutes.
Willie H doing the commentary  :o :o

Christ, are we not suffering enough?

ross4life

14 men Tipp went down fighting far play to them! Longford promoted well done to them.