NFL Division 3 2012

Started by Syferus, January 28, 2012, 05:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

With no Rogers,Shine on the field yesterday & Heneghan not interested in frees anymore Claffey was given the job to take a few distance frees i just hope that's that last time i see him trying them.

Keenan smashing the crossbar was incredible miss & the goal ruled out for a square ball should have stood as Finneran ran into the box.

Looking at the Divison now Longford,Wexford are the favourites to get the two promotion spots but we have done well to be in the hunt (remember some pundits had us tipped for relegation) Antrim were poor yesterday but a win v Longford would put them right back in it.

Tipp,Offaly look certain for the drop now we regrouped after relegation i'm sure both of them can as well. Sligo,Cavan are in limbo won't get relegated or promoted by the looks of it.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Benny Sweeney

I dont want to gloat, but I told you so!

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on March 12, 2012, 04:21:53 PM
With no Rogers,Shine on the field yesterday & Heneghan not interested in frees anymore Claffey was given the job to take a few distance frees i just hope that's that last time i see him trying them.

Keenan smashing the crossbar was incredible miss & the goal ruled out for a square ball should have stood as Finneran ran into the box.

Looking at the Divison now Longford,Wexford are the favourites to get the two promotion spots but we have done well to be in the hunt (remember some pundits had us tipped for relegation) Antrim were poor yesterday but a win v Longford would put them right back in it.

Tipp,Offaly look certain for the drop now we regrouped after relegation i'm sure both of them can as well. Sligo,Cavan are in limbo won't get relegated or promoted by the looks of it.

Claffey only took the one, it was worth a go because McDermott was assured enough taking short frees but the one long one he hit was about the only mistake he made all day long. Strange that he and not Heneghan, the free-taker that McDermott's own club, wasn't taking them.

The irony of Claffey's screwed kick was that it ended up in Cregg's hands just outside the square and he missed a guilt-edged shot himself, I've rarely seen a player hold his head in his hands for as long as Cregg did, the water-boy was probably about to wheel the oxygen tank out!

panc56

Regardless of how we do, Wexford will be too good at home for Ros. So we could have 3 on 8 pts & 2 on 6!
Now that would be a big change to the promotion hunt. Still
Longford are looking strong favorites to do it. But after today's Hurricane failure in Cheltenham favs don't always do it.

Billys Boots

Longford have a recent history of underachieving against Wexford - no excuses though, the run in is at home against the two better sides and away to Tipp (no slur on their form intended). 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

This Years Model

One weekend at a time, chaps ....

As with our hurlers, you never really know what you're going to get on any given Sunday with Wexford. Although I suppose the footballers are a bit more consistent.

Our last two outings will prove no preparation at all for the visit of Roscommon, as,  no offence, but Offaly were woeful and apparently Tipp were "quer bad" as we might say down in the Sunny South-East.

Fairly crucial game, as a defeat would seriously dent the promotion hopes of either team. Note it's a double-header, so the locals will get a bit of value for money at least. The Rossies from around Boyle will have an early start though, with throw-in at 12.45 ...

Hopefully we won't get a repeat of the weather the last time the Rossies came to town!

Onlooker

Big game at the bottom of the league table on Sunday in Sligo.  If Sligo win, Tipp are heading back to Div. 4 for next year.  If Tipp win, the relegation battle will go to the final day.    Both managers seem to be under severe pressure in their respective counties.  The difference between winning and losing this game will be huge for both camps.

ross4life

We make two changes for Sunday Higgins,Kilroy out Mannion,Rogers in. Our best scoring forwards Donal Shine,Senan Kilbride on the bench again. Wexford pick their strongest possibly team a very free scoring forward line.

A uphill task for us on Sunday but a good test to see how far we have come.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on March 16, 2012, 04:06:40 PM
We make two changes for Sunday Higgins,Kilroy out Mannion,Rogers in. Our best scoring forwards Donal Shine,Senan Kilbride on the bench again. Wexford pick their strongest possibly team a very free scoring forward line.

I'd imagine Newton will make more 'last minute' changes'. Kilbride particularly may end up starting. I can't see Shine not a elast feature at some point, though.

ross4life

Hard to know it would give us more scoring power. At least Rogers has returned from injury he's another free taker option & has a eye for a goal. Wexford without talking them up too much are one of the best teams in leinster now & arguably only Dublin have a better forward line than they do in that province.

Syferus

Absolutely, but it's not exactly a murders row of forwards you'd be comparing them to in Leinster, look at how desperate Kildare are to get Johnston and they're the second best overall team in Leinster. Likewise, though, we'd have the best selection of forwards in our province.

We won't have any apprehensions facing Wexford - we've played them three times in competitive fixtures since 2009 - and I'd imagine the players will draw on last years' trip to the south-east and their brilliant battle with Micko and Wicklow as proof that a long journey to a hard place doesn't have to be fruitless.

spuds

Lads, thought Roscommon got promoted last year ??
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Syferus

Quote from: spuds on March 17, 2012, 02:26:46 AM
Lads, thought Roscommon got promoted last year ??

Yeah, and?

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on March 16, 2012, 10:49:16 PM
[

I'd imagine Newton will make more 'last minute' changes'. Kilbride particularly may end up starting. I can't see Shine not a elast feature at some point, though.
[/quote]

Might be one or two more alright. ;)
Can't see Donie starting unless attitude changes. Kilbride looked like a lad who could do with a rest last Sunday.
As R4Life says - an uphil task but a good one to measure if any progress being made.
Losers are as good as out of the race while winners will be hoping Longford put Antrim out of it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard