Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Jinxy on February 18, 2012, 10:20:48 AM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 18, 2012, 03:33:10 AM
Quote from: Westside on February 18, 2012, 01:19:15 AM
Best player in Donkey's years....? Nowhere near as good as McCabe, and debatable whether he's as good as Larry or Jayo.

Ok, let me rephrase that...best player since McCabe retired. IMO he is better than Larry or Jason Reilly.

He is in his arse!

Will ya get away outa that, ya bad article ya!
Stop trying to torment yer poor befuddled neighbours and let them mourn the loss of Seanie in private.

Of course Seanie was big in Cavan and well-known throughout the rest of the country— eight and a half pages were put up here on the day the OP set the ball rolling.
I cannot recall any other topic generating as much interest and that includes the day Joe Sheridan got his codes mixed up and put the name of Martin Sludden into the history books.
At the moment the thread is 35 pages long with most of the posts coming from Cavan heads who keep on telling the rest of us that they don't miss the little hoor one bit and they'll keep on telling us this for 35 more if you don't stop egging them on. :D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Jinxy on February 18, 2012, 01:33:14 PM
I'm trying to keep Myles occupied in here.

You are?
Jaysus, I'd never have guessed that.  ;D ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Richiej

Quote from: Jinxy on February 17, 2012, 07:08:51 PM
If Seanie hung up the phone on Andrews in this '10 second phone call' why is this being used as a stick to beat Andrews by Seanies supporters?
Was he supposed to ring him back?
.                          Andrews words to Seanie was "I won't be using you this year I'm going with something new" Seanie hung up. He heard the message there was no need to stay on the line.     Andrews words to Mackey was " go find yourself" whatever that's suppose to mean. Don't know what was said to the others

Hardy

Quote from: Richiej on February 18, 2012, 02:29:10 PMAndrews words to Mackey was " go find yourself" whatever that's suppose to mean.
Are you sure it was "find" he said?

Westside

Quote from: Hardy on February 18, 2012, 02:40:35 PM
Quote from: Richiej on February 18, 2012, 02:29:10 PMAndrews words to Mackey was " go find yourself" whatever that's suppose to mean.

Are sure it was "find" he said?

:D

Richiej

Yes I'm sure it was" find"  because rumour has it that Mackeys reply to Andrews was"do you not know I'm All Ireland hide and seek champion!!

Westside

I don't doubt that, he went missing without trace in enough games..

Donnellys Hollow

Johnston back training with Cavan Gaels apparently.

Bill Clinton must have found him squatting in his gaff at the K Club and booted him out....
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Richiej on February 18, 2012, 08:04:12 PM

Yes I'm sure it was" find"  because rumour has it that Mackeys reply to Andrews was"do you not know I'm All Ireland hide and seek champion!!

i seen mackey in HMV yesturday he bought this CD...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDSxJfbN3vs&ob=av2e
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Richiej

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 23, 2012, 12:16:42 AM

Bill Clinton must have found him squatting in his gaff at the K Club and booted him out....
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/johnston-fate-back-in-cavans-hands-3029049.html

Great the way the CCCC turned it back onto the Cavan Co Board , proper order too. Mc Cabe and Co can now see the proper documents, sign the transfer off and concentrate on their own manager and players and let Seanie Johnston go and do what he is good at.......play football

The Cavan Co Board should spend more time worrying about players who have left the panel of their own free wish than worrying where players go that were forced out.

Denn Forever

QuoteGreat the way the CCCC turned it back onto the Cavan Co Board , proper order too. Mc Cabe and Co can now see the proper documents, sign the transfer off and concentrate on their own manager and players and let Seanie Johnston go and do what he is good at.......play football

Remind me, the Cavan Co. Board wanted documented proof that Johnson was living in Kildare. 

Got what they wanted so everyone is happy?  Hopefully this will bring an end to "Is he, will he" and everyone can play ball.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Seanies day...

Get up at 7am, half hour for the breakfast, 1.5 hrs drive from Straffan to Cavan for work
Work from 9 - 5
Drive home to Straffan arrive at 6-30
No time for dinner, have to make training.
Drive back to training in Cavan, arrive at 8-00
Do extra laps for being late at training.
Training from 8-15 to 9-30
Get showered and have a rant about Val Andrews,depart home at 10
Arrive home at 11-30
Hit the sack at 12.

Sure is tough being a top class player these days ::)

Richiej

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 23, 2012, 11:42:26 AM

Seanies day...

Get up at 7am, half hour for the breakfast, 1.5 hrs drive from Straffan to Cavan for work
Work from 9 - 5
Drive home to Straffan arrive at 6-30
No time for dinner, have to make training.
Drive back to training in Cavan, arrive at 8-00
Do extra laps for being late at training.
Training from 8-15 to 9-30
Get showered and have a rant about Val Andrews,depart home at 10
Arrive home at 11-30
Hit the sack at 12.

Sure is tough being a top class player these days ::)

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=162589
add to all that training with the gaels too..........busy man our Seanie is!!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.