Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 17, 2012, 10:54:11 AM
Quote from: Despite overseeing relegation and his failure to deliver a Leinster title or even gain a championship victory over a blue-blood team like Dublin, Meath, Kerry, Galway or Tyrone in four years, McGeeney has been hailed as a messiah and his team have been regulary mentioned among the top four in the land, even though they're not even in the top flight of the league.

Ah here! Someone has missed the last two seasons.

You're just jealous you're not a blue-blood team like us.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mylestheslasher

The facts are in the article and thats why i posted it. Whether its good journalism or not I don't know.

anglocelt39

I'd also consider it quite ropey journalism where you report something as fact on the basis that you have one side of the story and can't get the other because the subject of the article isn't speaking to your publication. A lot of the "story" seems to be as much about the journalist(s) and their respective publication(s). Wish to christ this whole thing would go away.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mylestheslasher

We do have seanies story Anglo he told the indo and numerous national media organs, what is missing is Andrews story and I presume the celt has spoken with people in the know as to what happened. Funny, my sources tell me almost exactly what the celt printed. It done now anyway and its a good thing for Cavan that he's gone and hopefully we can bring these true Cavan men on to the next level.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 17, 2012, 07:05:46 PM
We do have seanies story Anglo he told the indo and numerous national media organs, what is missing is Andrews story and I presume the celt has spoken with people in the know as to what happened. Funny, my sources tell me almost exactly what the celt printed. It done now anyway and its a good thing for Cavan that he's gone and hopefully we can bring these true Cavan men on to the next level.

Its a good thing for Cavan that their best player in donkeys years in gone? Can't fathom this attitude at all. All it would have taken here is for the co. board or the manager to pick up the phone and say "look, don't do anything rash..get yourself into shape and you'll be back on the panel in no time". All this circus could have been avoided.

"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Jinxy

If Seanie hung up the phone on Andrews in this '10 second phone call' why is this being used as a stick to beat Andrews by Seanies supporters?
Was he supposed to ring him back?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 17, 2012, 07:08:18 PM

Its a good thing for Cavan that their best player in donkeys years in gone? Can't fathom this attitude at all. All it would have taken here is for the co. board or the manager to pick up the phone and say "look, don't do anything rash..get yourself into shape and you'll be back on the panel in no time". All this circus could have been avoided.

No. It's a good thing the most disruptive player is gone. How much shit do you allow a talented player away with before he starts having a negative effect on others? I have a low tolerance for this crap. And please, our best player? Highly debatable but I'm sure seanie thinks he is

anglocelt39

Erm, Myles you have a fair bit of research done on this topic so could you show me where the lad in question said he hung up the phone on Val after a 10 second phone call. I will await your response with interest. Could you name these sources of yours, were they the same ones that told you Lyng and Sheridan were back in the panel last week? By the way my initial post wasn't a go at you, after all you only posted an article on the subject, albeit a favorite one of yours. My comments were simply on the journalist in question and his rather strange method of gathering what is stated as fact, although in fairness he did lead with his chin in pointing out the pretty flimsy basis for supporting his assertions regarding that most famous of phone calls. This topic has finally bored the proverbial tits of me and I am NEVER posting on it again. Off to do something genuinely interesting now like watching the paint dry on my daughters toy mousetrap.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 17, 2012, 07:18:31 PM

No. It's a good thing the most disruptive player is gone. How much shit do you allow a talented player away with before he starts having a negative effect on others? I have a low tolerance for this crap. And please, our best player? Highly debatable but I'm sure seanie thinks he is

What "disruptive" stuff did he get up to?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: anglocelt39 on February 17, 2012, 07:31:09 PM

Erm, Myles you have a fair bit of research done on this topic so could you show me where the lad in question said he hung up the phone on Val after a 10 second phone call. I will await your response with interest. Could you name these sources of yours, were they the same ones that told you Lyng and Sheridan were back in the panel last week? By the way my initial post wasn't a go at you, after all you only posted an article on the subject, albeit a favorite one of yours. My comments were simply on the journalist in question and his rather strange method of gathering what is stated as fact, although in fairness he did lead with his chin in pointing out the pretty flimsy basis for supporting his assertions regarding that most famous of phone calls. This topic has finally bored the proverbial tits of me and I am NEVER posting on it again. Off to do something genuinely interesting now like watching the paint dry on my daughters toy mousetrap.

I won't be revealing my sources no. I believe it was me who told you all about him trying to get his club to gamble 10k on an appeal and then when they refused he went to change clubs - something that everyone now knows is true. I heard the rumour about Lyng and Shieridan from a friend, seems it was wrong but I believe I said it was just a rumour. I seem to recall you praising Fitzpatrick previously, has he become "bitter and twisted" because he doesn't agree with you.  For something that bores the tits of you you seem to post a lot on it. One final question - do you honestly believe the call took 10 seconds - I mean what can you say in 10 seconds? That is spin from the player to discredit the manager and I think you know that.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 17, 2012, 08:12:21 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 17, 2012, 07:18:31 PM

What "disruptive" stuff did he get up to?

There are 35 pages here, go and have a read of them.

Westside

Best player in Donkey's years....? Nowhere near as good as McCabe, and debatable whether he's as good as Larry or Jayo.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Westside on February 18, 2012, 01:19:15 AM
Best player in Donkey's years....? Nowhere near as good as McCabe, and debatable whether he's as good as Larry or Jayo.

Ok, let me rephrase that...best player since McCabe retired. IMO he is better than Larry or Jason Reilly. He is certainly in the top 10 of Cavan players of the last 25 years anyway.

mylestheslasher

Better than Jason or Larry? Not a chance. He has/had the potential to be but he has never got there. Larry and Jason scored some amount, fought hard on the pitch and generally played at a higher level than Johnston. 25 years brings us back to 1988. Big stretch to put him in top 10 since then. Damian reilly, Stephen king, Ronan carolan, ciaran Brady, peter reilly, Larry reilly, Jason reilly, Dermot McCabe, fintan Cahill and Bernard morris are 10 of the top of my head. Top 10 for potential but if you talk about players who realised the potential I don't think so.

Jinxy

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 18, 2012, 03:33:10 AM
Quote from: Westside on February 18, 2012, 01:19:15 AM

Ok, let me rephrase that...best player since McCabe retired. IMO he is better than Larry or Jason Reilly.

He is in his arse!