US Presidential Election 2012

Started by thejuice, January 03, 2012, 12:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 03, 2012, 03:26:52 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 03, 2012, 01:47:16 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on January 03, 2012, 01:10:24 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 03, 2012, 01:03:47 PM
What about Newt 'Palestinians are an invited people' Gingrich?
Invented even.

Correct.

Fc*king text corrections.

I sent a text message to a married female friend just before Christmas asking her if she fancied 'a pony after work'. I meant a 'pint' obviously, but I mistyped and it corrected it for me. Took a bit of explaining.

A Freudian slip?

I'm wondering what you wrote that was changed to Pony?

After extensive testing to see if I could reproduce the offending text, I have proven the case. Those of you with an iPhone 4 (might work on the others too), with that spelling corrector on, go to send a text and type the letters P O N T instead of P I N T. Tell me what comes up, so if you didn't notice, you would actually send it.
MWWSI 2017

Puckoon

Pont autocorrects to Pint in mine. You are just a dog.

On an old samsung I used to have where they had a bunch of options for each word - every time I asked a buddy to go for pints it circled through pious, riots and a few other funny ones as well that I can't remember now.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Puckoon on January 03, 2012, 06:15:34 PM
Pont autocorrects to Pint in mine. You are just a dog.

On an old samsung I used to have where they had a bunch of options for each word - every time I asked a buddy to go for pints it circled through pious, riots and a few other funny ones as well that I can't remember now.
You probably had to be there... :-*

J70

Ron Paul has benefitted from the press dismissing his chances. Its only in the last two weeks that his racist newletters have been brought up. Before that he was just an interesting, consistent and principled, but irrelevant, curiosity.

bennydorano

I'd fancy an Obama victory, like others, moreso due to the poor quality of Rep candidates.

Read a great article last week that was saying we are witnessing a real-live Economic experiment - with the US & UK's diametrically opposing approaches to the same problem (cuts & spending). USA's more upbeat outlook should benefit Obama.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: J70 on January 03, 2012, 08:02:57 PM
Ron Paul has benefitted from the press dismissing his chances. Its only in the last two weeks that his racist newletters have been brought up. Before that he was just an interesting, consistent and principled, but irrelevant, curiosity.

Given the shape of what hes running against why do you think he is irrelevant? I mean, in the context of whats there, you could give him kudos for actually possessing a brain.

He has been very relevant to this race from months back. To my mind all other issues are totally dwarfed by the titanic economic crash that the US is on the road to (in the long term). He seems to be the only republican candidate who would even begin to attempt to avert it.

I suspect he could top the running in Iowa but probably won't take the nomination, but it could be close - he has the most loyal following of whats there.

In any case I reckon the US is up shit creek and will suffer a civil insurrection and wide scale poverty within 10 years.

The national debt was 10tn when Obama took office. It is now 16tn. They desperately need somebody who is capable of taking drastic fiscal action that hurts the status quo.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

thejuice

the funny thing about Paul is that he has a lot of Democrats especially  the Occupy Wall St groups but not much among  traditional Republicans and if he got the nomination he could beat Obama but his biggest challenge is getting the GOP  nomination.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Puckoon

Quote from: whiskeysteve on January 03, 2012, 08:52:52 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 03, 2012, 08:02:57 PM

Given the shape of what hes running against why do you think he is irrelevant? I mean, in the context of whats there, you could give him kudos for actually possessing a brain.

Because of what he has to convince to gain the GOP nomination. Of course he gets Kudos for actually possessing a brain but a large proportion of the GOP electorate favour brawn over brains - and I am not sure if you heard the response he got late in December when he challenged Bachman "that for once instead of going in all guns blazing - we should use a little democracy" when she was war mongering about Iran during the final Iowa debate.

The response from the crowd went something like this...................................................................

Tony Baloney

Romney beats Santorum by 8 votes. I demand a recount.

thejuice

Full results here on this link:

http://www.google.com/elections/ed/us/results

Amazing return from Santorum who was a nobody a few weeks ago. That said his opinion on Palestine is worse than the Newts.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

J70

Quote from: thejuice on January 04, 2012, 02:19:21 PM
Full results here on this link:

http://www.google.com/elections/ed/us/results

Amazing return from Santorum who was a nobody a few weeks ago. That said his opinion on Palestine is worse than the Newts.

That's about the least of his problems.

thejuice

I must admit I know little about him or how he differs from Romney due to him being under the radar for so long.

muppet

Democrats will be praying for Santo to come.
MWWSI 2017

dec

He thinks children should be taught "Intelligent design" in schools and thinks that homosexuality is equivalent to "man on dog" sex.

muppet

Quote from: dec on January 04, 2012, 04:46:00 PM
He thinks children should be taught "Intelligent design" in schools and thinks that homosexuality is equivalent to "man on dog" sex.

Oh please let him win.
MWWSI 2017