Tyrone stripped of McKenna Cup success

Started by saffron sam2, March 15, 2007, 08:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on March 15, 2007, 10:01:48 AM
Did the teams not name panels for the Mc Kenna cup and every player given a squad number? If this is the case then surely no matter what team is selected they would not be numbered 1-15 anyway.

They changed the format for the final Deal. The players had different numbers on them than in previous rounds.

DUBSFORSAM1

Did Mickey Harte not get Ryan McMenamin off a suspension before on a technicality after dropping the knees in the Armagh match so that he would play against Dublin..........now the same technicalities have come back to haunt him....

Good to see a guy who uses the rules when it suits him get done by the same rules when he blatantly tries to ignore them...

Star Spangler

I think the Tyrone County Board should insist on checking the team sheets of both Cork and Donegal in this years NFL games against Tyrone.  :P

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on March 15, 2007, 10:05:10 AM
Did Mickey Harte not get Ryan McMenamin off a suspension before on a technicality after dropping the knees in the Armagh match so that he would play against Dublin..........now the same technicalities have come back to haunt him....

Good to see a guy who uses the rules when it suits him get done by the same rules when he blatantly tries to ignore them...

I agree, what goes around, comes around. Button her up Mickey!!!
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Uladh

It's no punishment at all. Harte has already got what he needed from the mckenna cup and a shiny pot was not it.

If the ulster council wanted to punish him (note that its only harte who needs the wake up slap) they should have excluded tyrone from the competition next year.

winghalfun

Hey Mickey - you've been around all night
And that's a little long.
You think you've got the right but I think you've got it wrong.
Why can't we say goodnight? So you can take me home
Mickey.
'cause when you say you will
it always means you won't.
You're givin' me the chills

Baby
please baby
don't
ev'ry night you still
Leave me alone
Mickey.

Oh Mickey
what a pity you don't understand.
You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand.
Oh Mickey
you're so pretty
can't you understand.
It's guys like you
Mickey
ooh what you do
Mickey

Do
Mickey
don't break my heart
Mickey.
Hey
Mickey - now when you take me by the who's
Ever gonna know
and ev'ry time you move
You let a little more show.

There's something you can lose - so don't say no
Mickey.
So come on and give it to me anyway you can

Anyway you want to do it
I'll take it like a man.
But please
baby
please don't leave me in this jam
Mickey.
Oh Mickey
what a pity you don't understand. . . .
Oh Mickey
what a pity you don't understand. . . .
Oh Mickey
what a pity you don't understand.

Copyright - Toni Braxton

Sandy Hill

He said: "I would expect them to appeal this as far as it can be appealed. I believe they will be determined to do that as well.''

Another few quid for Feargal!
"Stercus accidit"

magpie seanie

QuoteGood to see a guy who uses the rules when it suits him get done by the same rules when he blatantly tries to ignore them...

Again this comment betrays a poor knowledge of what actually went on and the machinations of the GAA. Anyway, as I said on a previous thread and Uladh pointed out Harte achieved what he wanted out of the McKenna Cup. Now he will use this to galvanise his troops and supporters with an "us against them" mentality. He is a brillaint guy at taking the positives out of every situation and this will be no different.

Star Spangler

I think the county board should demonstrate some dignity and drop it and not allow everyone to get sidetracked over this.  As someone already said, whether the record books say it or not, Tyrone got what they wanted out of the McKenna Cup, and who's going to say they didn't win the competition? (other than the Ulster Council  :P) The priority now is to prepare for the championship which is approaching fast.  This kind of fuss about nothing - which it is - can only distract from the required focus.

ONeill

Agreed. All-in-all a satisfactory outcome. Hopefully Mickey throws his eyes up, accepts that the Ulster Council are today's Keystone Cops, and gets on with it.

However, this attention to detail in the rulebook is a dangerous precedent isn't it? Fergal might have everyone thrown out of the competition within a week!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bensars

what can you say.

O neill was right. This whole debate was raging before the final against donegal. The players involved had never played for their universities. The Ulster councils decision is based on a infringement of the rules in the final only.

So what, Donegal will hardly be shouting from the rooftops that they are the Mc Kenna cup champions ( and thats no disrespect to donegal), as they know, and everyone else knows they were beat in the final.

So Hoorah, it gives all the anti tyrone brigade an oppurtunity to climb out from under their rocks and have a good ole dig.

Fire away lads, technicality or no technicality, you and i know who won the Mc Kenna cup, and you and i know that come the heat of the championship later in the year we wont be far away.

"He who laughs last, rodney !!" ;D

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

magickingdom

what a bullsh..e decision. why in Gods name did the ulster council not throw them out before the final? Once they let them play in the final the result should stand. as for all the 'little' comments about tyrone not helping revive the mckenna cup more bull. tyrone have brought so much to football this past decade. i hope they appeal and good luck to micky harte a true gentleman......

Bensars

Fill the Caption

County Chairman Pat Darcy makes a presentation to Danny Murphy and Michael Greenan, the special guests at the County Presentation Function.

Uladh

Quote from: magickingdom on March 15, 2007, 11:21:52 AM
what a bullsh..e decision. why in Gods name did the ulster council not throw them out before the final? Once they let them play in the final the result should stand. as for all the 'little' comments about tyrone not helping revive the mckenna cup more bull. tyrone have brought so much to football this past decade. i hope they appeal and good luck to micky harte a true gentleman......

Their earlier indescretion was already punished and this was for the ignorance shown towards the rest of the gaa in the final only.

but mickey's a wiley oul fox...