Tyrone stripped of McKenna Cup success

Started by saffron sam2, March 15, 2007, 08:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Tell me was there not a rule that when the uni's were out, all players were then allowed to play for the counties? 

Deal_Me_In

The ruling is that universities have first choice preference on county players at the university. As none of the university players played for their university during the McKenna cup they were elegiable to line out for the county once the universities had been eliminated, not breaking any McKenna cup rules

supersarsfields

I still reckon Tyrone shouldn't bother appealing it. As I said before mickey prob achieved what he wanted from the McKenna Cup and would have even if they had lost the final to Donegal. So his best bet now like Kerry Mike said is to try and create a siege mentality, rather than dragging the whole thing out in an appeal. Because if they do appeal and they do win you can be sure as hell know that the Ulster Council will throw the book at them for any problems in the future. So just take it as a kick in the teeth and use it as motivation for the rest of the league, cause we sure need something at the minute!!

ziggysego

This is great news for Tyrone. They perform at their, when the entire country is against. God help Limerick, they are the unfortunate ones that are going to experience the Tyrone backlash.
Testing Accessibility

Over the Bar

Your right Ziggy.  Harte is a natural genius at sports psychology and will use this to get the very best from the players that he has at his disposal.  Hopefully we'll be standing in Croker on the last Sunday in September taking about what a master-stroke it was! :)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 15, 2007, 09:55:29 PM
Your right Ziggy.  Harte is a natural genius at sports psychology and will use this to get the very best from the players that he has at his disposal.  Hopefully we'll be standing in Croker on the last Sunday in September taking about what a master-stroke it was! :)

Indeed OTB, sheer brilliance, and those t**sers in An Comhairle Uladh fell for it, any rule would do, roll on September!  ;D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

willyorwonthe

Must say, I really respected Mr. Harte, he seemed a very principled person but I'm not so sure now. no one has used the rule book more than he, to get bad behaviour not punished, yet he consistently refers to discipline being important in his quest for success. He has become a rather arrogant person who seems to think that the GAA world should notify him before they  does anything. My own personal opinion is that he has stayed too long, his players indisciplined both on the field and of it and many are far past their best.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: willyorwonthe on March 15, 2007, 11:34:45 PM
Must say, I really respected Mr. Harte, he seemed a very principled person but I'm not so sure now. no one has used the rule book more than he, to get bad behaviour not punished, yet he consistently refers to discipline being important in his quest for success. He has become a rather arrogant person who seems to think that the GAA world should notify him before they  does anything. My own personal opinion is that he has stayed too long, his players indisciplined both on the field and of it and many are far past their best.

The most successful period in our history now, at Minor, U21, and Senior, so I'll trust his judgment implicitly. And your county?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Pangurban

Tyrone were properly found guilty of an administrative offence and were punished albeit rather harshly due to Hartes arrogant attitude towards the Ulster Council. End of story, no one died

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 15, 2007, 01:59:27 PM
True Ulster Gael

Can you please remove that very offensive picture as it reminds me of the Omagh massacre where my next door neighbour was murdered.

Fuzzman I'm sorry for your loss, but posts like that only encourage the eejit!  :-\
Tbc....

Gnevin

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 15, 2007, 09:55:29 PM

Yup and hopefully the dubs will be their on the  third Sunday when the all -Ireland is being played  :D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Fionntamhnach

Quote from: willyorwonthe on March 15, 2007, 11:34:45 PM
Must say, I really respected Mr. Harte, he seemed a very principled person but I'm not so sure now. no one has used the rule book more than he, to get bad behaviour not punished <snip>
Frank Murphy from Cork says hi...

mannix

Sorry to hear about the cup being taken.It shows how easy it is to upset the powers in charge.Shame too because its the only cup tyrone will be getting this year by the looks of it.MH is finally wearing out the record in tyrone and a new voice is needed, this time next year he will be gone after a collapse against a laois or their equivalent in champo 2007.

Over the Bar

QuoteSorry to hear about the cup being taken.It shows how easy it is to upset the powers in charge.Shame too because its the only cup tyrone will be getting this year by the looks of it.MH is finally wearing out the record in tyrone and a new voice is needed, this time next year he will be gone after a collapse against a laois or their equivalent in champo 2007.

Followed no doubt by your dream about Mayo winning an all-ireland?  lol

Armagh Exile

I am not a supporter of Tyrone and feel they should have been punished for using the university players in the McKenna Cup but I am disappointed in the Ulster Council's decision to deprive them of the trophy because of another alleged infringement.
This tells me two things:-
(a) The Council accepts that Tyrone were in order to play these players and
(b) they (Ulster Council) made a vindictive decision to take the winning of the cup from them because of an alleged mistake in their list of 15 players.
This decision says more about the Ulster Council than it does about Tyrone's alleged dismeanors.