Martin O'Neill to Sunderland

Started by oakleaflad, December 02, 2011, 10:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on March 31, 2013, 05:58:59 PM
Myles masquerades as a Celtic fan, just another transparent deception of his.

MON inherited a poor squad at Sunderland, had a net spending of less than £20m which included having to buy a talented striker and midfielder. His 2 big signings turned out be average and couldn't lift the team out of their mediocrity. Apart from that, Sunderland look very flat in their mediocrity. MON has to take some of the hit.
Def MON has to shoulder a lot of the blame but it has looked like he has been less interested this season.
To appoint Di Canio if it happens is madness IMO!
Very little exp and prone to falling out with everyone - worse than Mon or anyone else I can think of!!( as a player or manager!!)

cadence

well, di canio it is!

he'll probably keep them up, secure a champions league spot next season, as well as winning the fa cup, starting an era of black cats dominance that makes us all go Martin who? in 5 years time.

now, where did i leave that lsd, my good friend my little pony wants some. 

cadence

i'm just laughing here at the prospect of the sunderland dressing room and how different it's going to be now with di canio instead of mon. those poor players, exactly the daily kick up the arse those underperforming spoilt primadonnas deserve? there'll be fireworks that's a guarantee with di canio.

cadence

oh, even more interesting, david milliband resigns as a director on account of di canio's fascist politics. never knew milliband was a sunderland fan.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/31/paolo-di-canio-sunderland-talks-manager

muppet

Quote from: cadence on March 31, 2013, 11:29:30 PM
i'm just laughing here at the prospect of the sunderland dressing room and how different it's going to be now with di canio instead of mon. those poor players, exactly the daily kick up the arse those underperforming spoilt primadonnas deserve? there'll be fireworks that's a guarantee with di canio.

Apparently there was a shortlist of 4.

Balotelli was contracted and Maradona was considered too much of a dope.

Olly hasn't commented yet.
MWWSI 2017

No1

Bad manager.  If he's half as much craic as his brother then he's a good lad.  Did well with his horse in a two horse race but his Leicester team was one of the hardest football teams ever to watch, pure muck and the fact Emilie Heskey was a leading light says it all.  Good luck Martin and hope to see him on our screens soon.

Aaron Boone

BennyHarp

Ahh perhaps this is an April fool?
That was never a square ball!!

cadence

Quote from: muppet on March 31, 2013, 11:51:23 PM

di canio is right up there though. instead of being passionate, i'm more of the opinion that he's more, well, i wouldn't even say he's passive aggressive, he's just aggressive. very little tact. wonder what kind of a contract he got. i suppose they'll just use him for staying up and then go with somebody else. who knows. sunderland are dead to me now.

Minder

Quote from: cadence on April 01, 2013, 09:01:09 AM

di canio is right up there though. instead of being passionate, i'm more of the opinion that he's more, well, i wouldn't even say he's passive aggressive, he's just aggressive. very little tact. wonder what kind of a contract he got. i suppose they'll just use him for staying up and then go with somebody else. who knows. sunderland are dead to me now.

He got a 2.5 year contract
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

cadence

Quote from: Minder on April 01, 2013, 09:12:32 AM
Quote from: cadence on April 01, 2013, 09:01:09 AM

He got a 2.5 year contract

2.5 is about right. any less and he probabbly wouldn't have gone. sunderland are a car about to end up in a brick wall somewhere. it remains to be seen exactly where it's going to end up.