Anyore in coppers 26th August 2010??

Started by Declan, December 02, 2011, 09:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: seafoid on December 02, 2011, 02:08:34 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on December 02, 2011, 11:12:44 AM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on December 02, 2011, 10:53:47 AM
I was in there yesterday at lunch time and they were doing , beef or bacon or fish carvery with all the veg  for €.50 or you could have lasagne for €6.50.
The lasagne wasn't great yesterday. Tasted like it had been made from tomato ketchup. I should have stuck with the chicken.

My sister worked in a pub in Loughrea and they did food. One day she went into the kitchen and the chef was stirring a big pot of mince and ladling it onto sheets of pasta.

What's that.
Lasagne
But it has no tomatoes in it
Loughrea isn't ready for tomatoes in lasagne yet

I suffered the threat of food poisoning on dodgy pub lasagne when I was wooing Mrs BC, still get reminded of eating Mann's stinking lasagne from Shaws!!!

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 02, 2011, 02:04:19 PM
Quote from: muppet link=topic=20735.msg1052889#msg1052889 dat :)e=1322834137
Quote from: Bingo on December 02, 2011, 11:11:38 AM
I was in there yesterday at lunch time and they were doing , beef or bacon or fish carvery with all the veg  for €.50 or you could have lasagne for €6.50.

€0.50 for real!!  :o

In my Dublin days we had lunch in it regular - the main carvery chef was a big guy, sweat pumping off him and all he'd say was "All the veg?" and then he'd dish it up - you'd end up with Mash, Chips, Roast, Garlic Spuds plus a Corquette the odd day plus the two veg of the day. Would take you a few hours to function at any level afterwards if you went the full hog.
Had the odd Corkette there myself back in the day, but I never ate there,

The game is up MARK.

Sorry there,  €6.50.     Six euro and 50 cent . 
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Bud Wiser

In my Dublin days we had lunch in it regular - the main carvery chef was a big guy, sweat pumping off him and all he'd say was "All the veg?" and then he'd dish it up - you'd end up with Mash, Chips, Roast, Garlic Spuds plus a Corquette the odd day plus the two veg of the day. Would take you a few hours to function at any level afterwards if you went the full hog.

Sorry Bingo, typo error.    I meant all the carvery dishes were only €6.50
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Declan on December 02, 2011, 09:11:45 AM

An ad in the Corkman News this week has prompted lots of speculation on Twitter.

This seems to surface every year. Have a feeling it's fake or else Coppers themselves are behind it.

Bord na Mona man

I wonder why see wants to contact him?
She must have been cleaning up her house and found a Cork hat he'd left behind.

muppet

Lives in Phibsboro?

Anyone like to guess what her occupation might be?
MWWSI 2017

ardal

stephenite

muppet

MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Mark hit the headlines in Coppers before could it be?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Maiden1

Quote from: muppet on December 02, 2011, 01:55:37 PM

What went on with you and the odd Corkette is no one elses business.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

seafoid

Here is a ladies' discussion of the subject

http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=20&p=3672251

they have much nicer colours than the gaaboard  ;)
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

muppet

Quote from: Maiden1 on December 02, 2011, 10:52:51 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 02, 2011, 01:55:37 PM

What went on with you and the odd Corkette is no one elses business.

Write to Santa and ask for an SOH rapido.
MWWSI 2017

stephenite

Quote from: muppet on December 02, 2011, 10:31:10 PM
Quote from: stephenite on December 02, 2011, 10:09:32 PM
Apparently diagnosed with AIDS

Seriously?

Apparently probably a bad word - bird in an office in Dublin reckons that her cousins boyfriend knows the girl in question etc. etc.

No idea whether or not it's true