Anyore in coppers 26th August 2010??

Started by Declan, December 02, 2011, 09:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

An ad in the Corkman News this week has prompted lots of speculation on Twitter.

brokencrossbar1

orangeman

ThroughTheLaces

The apple never falls far from the tree.

orangeman

The wording is pure brilliant :

" Looking for Mark, may or may not be your name.."

And then : " I drank Corona that night if that jogs the memory ..."

:D :D

haranguerer

Bingo

I reckon its a brillant marketing idea by Coppers. Its just been on the Ray Dracy show as well.

But in hindsight I don't think Coppers really need any sort of PR at all.

Bud Wiser

I was in there yesterday at lunch time and they were doing , beef or bacon or fish carvery with all the veg  for €.50 or you could have lasagne for €6.50.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

passedit

Quote from: haranguerer on December 02, 2011, 10:09:41 AM
'Where you there'....f**k me  :-[

Apart from the apalling grammar, I reckon you left the words 'did you' out of that sentence.
Don't Panic

Bingo

Quote from: Bud Wiser on December 02, 2011, 10:53:47 AM
I was in there yesterday at lunch time and they were doing , beef or bacon or fish carvery with all the veg  for €.50 or you could have lasagne for €6.50.

€0.50 for real!!  :o

In my Dublin days we had lunch in it regular - the main carvery chef was a big guy, sweat pumping off him and all he'd say was "All the veg?" and then he'd dish it up - you'd end up with Mash, Chips, Roast, Garlic Spuds plus a Corquette the odd day plus the two veg of the day. Would take you a few hours to function at any level afterwards if you went the full hog.

Bord na Mona man

The lasagne wasn't great yesterday. Tasted like it had been made from tomato ketchup. I should have stuck with the chicken.

Ulick

Never ever go for cheap lasagne when eating out.

muppet

Quote from: Bingo on December 02, 2011, 11:11:38 AM

In my Dublin days we had lunch in it regular - the main carvery chef was a big guy, sweat pumping off him and all he'd say was "All the veg?" and then he'd dish it up - you'd end up with Mash, Chips, Roast, Garlic Spuds plus a Corquette the odd day plus the two veg of the day. Would take you a few hours to function at any level afterwards if you went the full hog.

Had the odd Corkette there myself back in the day, but I never ate there,
MWWSI 2017

Capt Pat

Quote from: muppet link=topic=20735.msg1052889#msg1052889 dat :)e=1322834137
Quote from: Bingo on December 02, 2011, 11:11:38 AM

Had the odd Corkette there myself back in the day, but I never ate there,

The game is up MARK.

seafoid

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on December 02, 2011, 11:12:44 AM
The lasagne wasn't great yesterday. Tasted like it had been made from tomato ketchup. I should have stuck with the chicken.

My sister worked in a pub in Loughrea and they did food. One day she went into the kitchen and the chef was stirring a big pot of mince and ladling it onto sheets of pasta.

What's that.
Lasagne
But it has no tomatoes in it
Loughrea isn't ready for tomatoes in lasagne yet
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU