first single or album you ever bought thread

Started by maddog, November 26, 2011, 11:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

The first ones I BOUGHT were

1st Single - Like Clockwork - Boomtown Rats

1st Album - Off the Wall - Michael Jackson

was "borrowing" loads of Johnny Cash, Glen Campbell, Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel  stuff, etc from uncles and aunts.
The Aristocrat Years

Don Johnson

First album was Ace Of Base I think.

First single was Peter Andre Mysterious Girl with my confirmation money.

ardchieftain

Can't recall the first single but pretty sure my first album was, For those about to Rock by AC/DC

bridgegael

first cd was a compilation one called Hitz Blitz.  then  Mike and the mechanics greatest hits. 
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 28, 2011, 01:42:28 PM
I was never a singles guy - I would imagine it was Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeets Make it Work for Self Aid.

I stumbled upon the Self Aid album and CD in a box earlier today, I think the CD was only released in Japan for some strange reason. Oddly enough it's 28 years ago tomorrow since Self Aid.

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: FL/MAYO on November 27, 2011, 02:57:55 AM
Bought this in Dublin as an eleven year old on the way to the 1974 u21 final in Croke Park, Mayo v Louth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc-7G2OSsBY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hate to tell you this - I was @ the U-21 Football Final that year in Croke Park & it was Antrim v Mayo. Give us some credit, at least!!

Myles Na G.

First single: Stuck in the Middle with you, Stealers Wheel (long before Reservoir Dogs, btw)
Can't remember first album.

Milltown Row2

I'd two older brothers so I just listed to their music before I eventually bought my first, Circus by Eraser (I didn't know) and Curiosity killed the Cat
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

charlieTully

first album i got, not bought but borrowed from the library was kiss destroyer, never done singles, tommy vance, dave fanning and john peel on the radio, a cassette tape and a record button provided the singles.
I cant remember first one i bought myself, ac/dc who made who i think.

seafoid

First single was 1999 by Prince
I think Born in the USA by Springsteen was the first album.

Syferus

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either