first single or album you ever bought thread

Started by maddog, November 26, 2011, 11:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

First one I bought
Thin lizzy - live and dangerous

bennydorano

Think it was an INXS album - Kick, but could have been Something Happens - Stuck together with god's glue, that is sticking in my mind for some reason.

It's a habit i've fallen out of, i've never bought a download in my puff, dont really download either, still buy CDs when i find something good, but struggling to remember the last one I bought.

Eamonnca1

Eamonnca1

Now that I think about it, that was bought for me at my request as a birthday present.  Can't rightly remember the first single I bought, but I remember the first LP I bought:

I saw it in a record shop in Belfast and had to get it because it had this tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBv5E1Q-Oj8

Still sounds decent today if you ask me. 

Electric Blue was on that album too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUFOVu1CurM

Cheesy 1980s video, but still sounds as good as ever to my ears.  I got a bit of slagging for my taste in music at the time, but I didn't care as long as I enjoyed listening to it and I listened away.

I had to be a fan to buy music in those days because I was content to sit listening to the radio with my finger poised over the Record button.  Most of the music I listened to was taped off the wireless.  I have an easier time remembering the first blank tape I actually owned, which was an EMI Super C60.  I was very young at the time and this was a big deal for me to own something like that. I got it by sending four order forms in from packets of Kellogg's Corn Flakes.

Don Johnson

Mine was either Ace Of Bass or Peter Andre.

CD

I'm too embarrassed to say what my first single was but my first album was Feel No Shame by Aslan. Still have it in the attic I'm sure. My first CD Album was Appetite for Destruction! I'm sure you all have a copy!!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Hardy

I don't remember and, since I don't care, I can't imagine why any of you would.

muppet

Didn't really get singles. This was a present from a visiting American cousin.

MWWSI 2017

Harold Disgracey

First single Mull of Kintyre by Wings

First album Prince Charming - Adam and the Ants