first single or album you ever bought thread

Started by maddog, November 26, 2011, 11:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

Quote from: maddog on November 27, 2011, 12:11:01 AM
Our house was coming down with singles (2 older sisters) id say easy 1000+, the mother fecked them all in the bin one day after cds came in. I used to like spinning them backwards on the record player.

The singles or the sisters?
MWWSI 2017

bennydorano

Clearly remember buying INXS' 'Kick', pretty sure sure I bought stuff before that but none memorable enough to remember.

ziggy90

Quote from: ross4life on November 27, 2011, 04:12:39 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on November 27, 2011, 10:40:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5fBppsntAE  This was the one for everyone in Loughglynn.  ;)

What's the connection with Loughglynn village?
If you tell me how the PM's work I will let you know.

Denn Forever

Dirty Deeds done dirt cheap - AC/DC.

4.99 in 1979.  Jesus music was expensive then.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ziggy90

Showing your age Billy...... this was on a 1976 TOTP repeat on BBC 4 saturday night. Guess who was no1.

AQMP

I'm so fecking old I actually cannot remember the first single I bought but it may have been "Two Little Boys" by Rolf Harris

Like Billys Boots I have to play the age card here...I was seven. 

By the age of 12 my taste had improved enough to make my first album purchase "The Psychomodo" by Cockney Rebel, a much under rated piece of work.

Shamrock Shore

First album was a K-Tel issue called Hot Tracks from 1979. On cassette.

I was never a singles guy - I would imagine it was Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeets Make it Work for Self Aid.

ziggy90

Quote from: ross4life on November 27, 2011, 12:04:33 AM
Never bought a single felt they were poor value. First album's (bought two the same day) Europe The final countdown & Def Leppard,On through the night.
Don't tell me...you are now an accountant or a QS.

Groucho

I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

ross4life

Quote from: ziggy90 on November 28, 2011, 01:57:28 PM
Quote from: ross4life on November 27, 2011, 12:04:33 AM
Never bought a single felt they were poor value. First album's (bought two the same day) Europe The final countdown & Def Leppard,On through the night.
Don't tell me...you are now an accountant or a QS.
Nope but always had a keen interest in accounting.

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 28, 2011, 10:51:24 AM
Dirty Deeds done dirt cheap - AC/DC.

4.99 in 1979.  Jesus music was expensive then.

I bought that album ten years later for 5.99.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Puckoon

I think we did this thread a few years ago - so at risk of contradicting myself due to old age:

Single: Was one of either Burning Bridges by Status Quo, or Technotronics Pump up the Jam (I'm sure a google search would tell me which one was out earlier, but feck that) - both on vinyl.

Album: Either New Kids on the Block, or The Very Best of The Eagles - both on tape