God to be Fermanagh's miracle?

Started by ziggysego, November 16, 2011, 07:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Well Canavan has it.  Will be confirmed at the county board meeting tonight.
Good luck to him. 

alot of work to be done and alot of players to get talking to.
Last year was an awful year for Fermanagh football.
I just hope that it can be left in the past.  That remains to be seen....

Also no recession round here
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Stevie g 8

He must be crazy going in there after the split with some players this year regarding the manager

sammymaguire

Quote from: Stevie g 8 on November 21, 2011, 04:31:00 PM
He must be crazy going in there after the split with some players this year regarding the manager

that was the Manager's fault, not the players. The right manager will galvanise a god bunch of lads.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ExiledGael

Nothing crazy about it. Any achievement or notable results there and he'll be deemed a success and a target for the bigger sides.
Fermanagh had not one player playing last year in the Championship that started the Ulster final of 2008. Every player in the county will want to play under him and if he can even persuade half of that side to return, and most of them are still under 30, then Fermanagh will be a decent side.
God even if he can get just one forward, Seamus Quigley, half committed to the cause then we'll be much improved on last year.
Marty McGrath, Barry Owens, Mark Little, Eamon Maguire, Seamus Quigley, Ryan McCluskey, Ryan Carson, Tommy McElroy, Conor Quigley, all good enough players to make a decent inter-county side. Certainly good enough to get out of Division Four.
We can't get any worse, that's for sure.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ExiledGael

Done deal, confirmed by county board.

Fear Boirche

Quote from: gerry on November 21, 2011, 09:19:22 PM
Quote from: FermGael on November 21, 2011, 11:51:37 AM

Also no recession round here

Does 45k of expenses sound about right

Surely he'll just take an industrial wage  ;)

Minder

An expensive appointment I would think.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

under the bar

QuoteAn expensive appointment I would think.

Whatever he cost the people of Fermanagh, Tom Elliott included, should get on their knees and praise the Lord for sending PTG to them!

ross4life

"I believe in a god that doesn't need heavy financing"

Chevy Chase, "Fletch Lives
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

Quote from: Hardy on November 18, 2011, 12:10:59 PM
Tenderfoot

(This is a test of board members' Google skills.)

Greenhorn?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Maiden1

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 21, 2011, 04:38:26 PM

that was the Manager's fault, not the players. The right manager will galvanise a god bunch of lads.
Is that a fraudian slip. Sean Quinn must still have a few quid hidden under the carpet.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

passedit

Quote from: Maiden1 on November 21, 2011, 11:16:17 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on November 21, 2011, 04:38:26 PM

Is that a fraudian slip. Sean Quinn must still have a few quid hidden under the carpet.

No but that one is definitely Freudian.
Don't Panic

rrhf

Congratulations to Peter and Enda on landing this job and as a Tyrone man I wish you well.  I think this is an outstanding appointment for Fermanagh football.  Both men are openminded, have football brains to burn and take no rubbish as well.  Looking at the draw and if they make the improvements I expect them to make, they may not be far away in getting a bit of a championship run with Fermanagh,   and back to division 3 football.