God to be Fermanagh's miracle?

Started by ziggysego, November 16, 2011, 07:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardtole

just out of curiousity, have any bookies priced up next seasons division four. Id stick a few quid on them if there was a bit of value.

skeog

2 to 1 is fermanaghs price to win div 4

FermGael

Quote from: gerry on December 11, 2011, 10:32:25 PM
75 at trials between wednesday and this morning including this young guy

True Gerry but there seems to be a few good men staying away...
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermGael

The latest man to return.
Fermanagh seem to have a very professional set up this year.
Portadown none to happy about this it seems.
I never thought i would say this but i actually am beginning to have a lot of sympathy for John O'Neill

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/16797780.stm
QuoteShane McCabe quits Portadown to resume Fermanagh GAA career
Shane McCabe has left Portadown after deciding to resume his intercounty GAA career with Fermanagh.

McCabe was part of the Fermanagh team which reached the 2008 Ulster Football Final but he has concentrated on his soccer commitments with Glentoran and Portadown in recent years.

However new Fermanagh manager Peter Canavan has now recalled McCabe to the Erne squad.

McCabe will be in the Erne panel for Sunday's NFL opener in London.

Fermanagh will face London in the Division 4 clash in Ruislip (1300 GMT).

The game offers the Ernemen a chance for revenge after their shock All-Ireland qualifier defeat by the Exiles last summer.

That proved John O'Neill's final game in charge but the arrival of Canavan has led to a new wave of optimism in the Erne County.

Ryan McCluskey also left his soccer duties at Dungannon Swifts to return to the Fermanagh squad.

Portadown manager Ronnie McFall was left upset by McCabe's decision to quit the club and claimed that the player was in "breach of contract".

"It is my understanding that Shane was involved in a Fermanagh GAA training camp over the weekend," McFall told the Portadown Times.

"I asked him to play against Ballymena United but he basically sent a text back saying 'no' and has confirmed he wants to return to the GAA.

"Therefore, he is in breach of contract and suspended without wages.

"He has the rest of this season and another full campaign under contract to this club and we retain his registration.

"It is a major blow given our position with injuries and suspensions on top of what is already a small squad."
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Rawhide

Quote from: FermGael on January 31, 2012, 10:06:00 AM
I never thought i would say this but i actually am beginning to have a lot of sympathy for John O'Neill

QuoteShane McCabe quits Portadown to resume Fermanagh GAA career
Shane McCabe has left Portadown after deciding to resume his intercounty GAA career with Fermanagh.

McCabe was part of the Fermanagh team which reached the 2008 Ulster Football Final but he has concentrated on his soccer commitments with Glentoran and Portadown in recent years.

However new Fermanagh manager Peter Canavan has now recalled McCabe to the Erne squad.

McCabe will be in the Erne panel for Sunday's NFL opener in London.

Fermanagh will face London in the Division 4 clash in Ruislip (1300 GMT).

The game offers the Ernemen a chance for revenge after their shock All-Ireland qualifier defeat by the Exiles last summer.

That proved John O'Neill's final game in charge but the arrival of Canavan has led to a new wave of optimism in the Erne County.

Ryan McCluskey also left his soccer duties at Dungannon Swifts to return to the Fermanagh squad.

Portadown manager Ronnie McFall was left upset by McCabe's decision to quit the club and claimed that the player was in "breach of contract".

"It is my understanding that Shane was involved in a Fermanagh GAA training camp over the weekend," McFall told the Portadown Times.

"I asked him to play against Ballymena United but he basically sent a text back saying 'no' and has confirmed he wants to return to the GAA.

"Therefore, he is in breach of contract and suspended without wages.

"He has the rest of this season and another full campaign under contract to this club and we retain his registration.

"It is a major blow given our position with injuries and suspensions on top of what is already a small squad."

And all the talk about managers getting paid  :D

You would have to feel soory for J O'Neill, asked by the board to cut spending and now this complete U turn. WTF
cccc is a true supporter lol

AQMP

McCabe obviously doesn't understand the meaning of the word "contract" ::)

Orangemac

Hasn't McCluskey give up the soccer as well to concentrate on the Gaelic?

omagh_gael

Quote from: FermGael on January 31, 2012, 10:06:00 AM

Quote from: Orangemac on January 31, 2012, 10:33:09 PM
Hasn't McCluskey give up the soccer as well to concentrate on the Gaelic?