Tyrone club football

Started by Jinxy, November 13, 2011, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mont

tyrone cb chairman was on tv there and mentioned it being an isolated incident :-\

what is isolated?
fighting at games - supporters fighting - all out brawls - supporters hitting referees/officials

Nally Stand

Quote from: Mont on November 14, 2011, 06:52:56 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 14, 2011, 12:56:53 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on November 14, 2011, 12:19:24 PM
Whenever I see the name 'Carrickmore' I think to myself "Ah they're the lads that are always fighting".
Think about that for a second.
A club team that are known nationwide, not for their success on the field, but for regularly behaving like thugs.
Now there are probably some people within that club that relish this reputation.
They are morons and they need to be weeded out of the association.
For all I know Dromore could be just as bad but Carrickmore seem to be involved in a lot of dodgy stuff.
Rows on the field is one thing, opposition supporters attacking each other is an absolute disgrace.
Someone said sarcastically earlier "Won't somebody think of the children", well it mightn't be a bad idea as I can only imagine that any kids caught in the middle of the fighting were terrified out of their wits.

I know what you mean. When I hear "Meath", I think "inbred thugs".

As for opposition supporters attacking another, can you honestly say that if you were standing at a match with your own clubs supporters and a supporter from the opposing club reached over the wire and hit one of your players across the head with an umbrella, that nobody from your clubs supporters standing there would react? That's not supporting what happened, just pointing out that it takes two to tango lads.

whatabouttery - but sure u will prob say different

call a spade a spade - ur club have been involved with more issues than most and have disciplinary issues

That is a WUMing response to a bit of WUMing by the threads opening poster. You need to look up your definition of whataboutery. Where did any Carmen poster refer to a different brawl in a "whatabout" type argument? Throw a quote out there. Personally, my posts have only pointed out how the crowd brawl began and how the end result would be the same anywhere. No "whatabout" any other fights.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Moortown Spuds

In fairness to Nally, no one from the crowd should interfere with a player. That is wrong and although Carmen have a disciplinary issue as long as big Oz, Dromore are no shrinking violets whenever it comes to the dark arts.

Was Ward running around stirring stuff and then running off before he has to back it up. He has to be the most hateful player in the Tyrone ACL. (He could be a charming gentleman off the pitch)

donegal_abu

Sorry for being lazy here but dont have the time to read all 9 pages on here.. would someone mind giving me a quick summary of what wenton at the game yesterday ??  ??? We had a similar incident in Donegal some months back aswell.... big fight broke out after a game

screenmachine

Out of interest, the man that struck the player on the pitch with the umbrella - was this during the melee which began on the pitch?  Was there any bother in the stand before this or did it stem from the umbrella strike? If so, you have to say that the umbrella wielding man has a lot to answer.  Granted it seemed to get awfully out of hand afterwards but you can't hit someone over the wire with an umbrella and not expect a reaction. 

He probably picked the wrong match to start swinging umbrella's as well to be fair...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

ONeill

What size was the umbrella? Going by the pics on the previous page, it must've had a large hook on her. Or did he row with the player, the player move towards the wire, yer man jump up on the wire.....did anyone actually see the incident in order to shed light on it? Who was the player?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

midnightcaller

The number 19 jumped the wire as a small child(possibly his own) was close to the brawl.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: screenmachine on November 14, 2011, 07:45:36 PM
Out of interest, the man that struck the player on the pitch with the umbrella - was this during the melee which began on the pitch?  Was there any bother in the stand before this or did it stem from the umbrella strike? If so, you have to say that the umbrella wielding man has a lot to answer.  Granted it seemed to get awfully out of hand afterwards but you can't hit someone over the wire with an umbrella and not expect a reaction. 

He probably picked the wrong match to start swinging umbrella's as well to be fair...
While I realise the seriousness of the situation I can't help but laugh.

I can picture it now, your quintessential Tyrone man, no doubt slabbered the whole match, sporting an awful moustache, talks like he's got his mouth full, thinking he's heman hitting a player with an umbrella. Can't even imagine he hit him that hard either. Him too thick and cocky to think he might get hit back or a row would kick off. There are good people in Tyrone but by God there are some amount of breeds.

oakleafgael

The story goes as follows, allegedly, Dromore supporter reached over the wire and struck a Carrickmore player. Sorry O'Neill but there was no hook involved. Just to confuse matters, the umbrella was in the Carrickmore colours but wielded by a Dromore man, some would say he wasnt the brightest spark. There had been no trouble in the crowd before that, well nothing beyond the normal.

ONeill

Why was the Carrickmore player at the wire? Was there slabbering going on between the two?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 14, 2011, 07:53:45 PM

While I realise the seriousness of the situation I can't help but laugh.

I can picture it now, your quintessential Tyrone man, no doubt slabbered the whole match, sporting an awful moustache, talks like he's got his mouth full, thinking he's heman hitting a player with an umbrella. Can't even imagine he hit him that hard either. Him too thick and cocky to think he might get hit back or a row would kick off. There are good people in Tyrone but by God there are some amount of breeds.

And I can imagine the good old Lurgan people at a club championship game with the blue bags in tow slabbering "offside" or "handball" whilst wearing their best Celtic tops and freeing Ireland from their bar stool all whilst accepting their disability allowance in the queen's sterling.

There are some breeds in Tyrone alright, but give me any of our breeds over your breeds anyday.

The Tyrone league games are like nothing that any Armagh club person has encountered in their own county. Maybe its the domination of the county by Cross but there are certain games you know are going to end up in a pitched battle because the players put everything on the line. I dont blame either of the club's for what goes on between the white lines but this craic of what happens in the stand is disgraceful. And as I said the man that waved the umbrella is at fault but Crarrickmore dont need an invitation to start swinging either on the field or off it.

INDIANA

Quote from: Mont on November 14, 2011, 07:05:23 PM
tyrone cb chairman was on tv there and mentioned it being an isolated incident :-\

what is isolated?
fighting at games - supporters fighting - all out brawls - supporters hitting referees/officials

Its about as isolated an event as the sun rising in Tyrone. there is definitely a higher incidence in Tyrone then elsewhere.

I'd agree with BC  a few pages back (first time ever I'd say)- the GAA needs to life ban across the board on these incidents in every county. And foster a culture in all counties where this sort of crap is outlawed.

Aaron Boone

Ban them as they enter the ground, let the row go on, then only those successful appealing their ban are allowed back to GAA.

Nally Stand

Carmen player was taking a sideline ball when the Dromore fan hit him with the umbrella.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 14, 2011, 09:06:04 PM

Carmen player was taking a sideline ball when the Dromore fan hit him with the umbrella.

Thats bad craic.