UUJ

Started by Joxer, November 03, 2011, 09:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: stronghold on November 26, 2011, 03:50:29 PM
Yes I checked again and the lad Mc Garry did start against Queens, but if you fully read what I said that you have to play two A games  before being deemed an A player, young Mc Garrt did not play against DCU or St Mary's. Since you have started to name names which I didnt want to, Aaron Findon (Armagh Minor) started and played in both A games for Queens against UUJ and St Marys. If you want fact, I know Aaron and I was at both those games.

Good man. And did you check again about young Bradley? I mean you were definite before that he hasn't played A? Are you still sure he didn't come on against Queen's?

You want me to read your posts fully, which I do, which makes me wonder if there was any reason other than oversight why you didn't include UUJ's quarter-final match in your "declaration"? Presumably it would be a qualifying match for A and B purposes too?

I say again, if Queen's and/or UUJ played ineligible players then they should be thrown out. Would you not agree? If what you say is true, then I find it strange that UUJ haven't moved to have Queen's thrown out, but have instead offered a replay.

I don't hold a candle for Queen's anymore than an axe for UUJ but it got my goat when I heard that the grown men in charge of a university freshers team claimed they didn't know the score in a match they clearly knew they had lost. It seems to me that the rest is whataboutery to obscure the embarassing and loathsome conduct of the UUJ mentors otherwise they would have Queen's thrown out rather than "call it quits".

You must be a big fan of freshers football there Stronghold if you were at two games of a team that you seem to hate with a passion ;)

stronghold

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on November 26, 2011, 07:38:24 PM
Yes I checked again and the lad Mc Garry did start against Queens, but if you fully read what I said that you have to play two A games  before being deemed an A player, young Mc Garrt did not play against DCU or St Mary's. Since you have started to name names which I didnt want to, Aaron Findon (Armagh Minor) started and played in both A games for Queens against UUJ and St Marys. If you want fact, I know Aaron and I was at both those games.

Good man. And did you check again about young Bradley? I mean you were definite before that he hasn't played A? Are you still sure he didn't come on against Queen's?

You want me to read your posts fully, which I do, which makes me wonder if there was any reason other than oversight why you didn't include UUJ's quarter-final match in your "declaration"? Presumably it would be a qualifying match for A and B purposes too?

I say again, if Queen's and/or UUJ played ineligible players then they should be thrown out. Would you not agree? If what you say is true, then I find it strange that UUJ haven't moved to have Queen's thrown out, but have instead offered a replay.

I don't hold a candle for Queen's anymore than an axe for UUJ but it got my goat when I heard that the grown men in charge of a university freshers team claimed they didn't know the score in a match they clearly knew they had lost. It seems to me that the rest is whataboutery to obscure the embarassing and loathsome conduct of the UUJ mentors otherwise they would have Queen's thrown out rather than "call it quits".

You must be a big fan of freshers football there Stronghold if you were at two games of a team that you seem to hate with a passion ;)
Have checked again. Brendan Bradley did not start of come on as a s sub in UUJ's qfinal game against Carlow. This means that he is perfectly legal and eligible to play B football.
By the way I am interested in fresher football, I have a son a UUJ, a daughter at Queens and a son who graduated from Queens, so I have no axe to grind. I just detest snobbery and hopefully intelligent enough to accept both sides of these stories
Jordanstown agreed to the replay because of the score and queens agreed to the replay because of Aaron Findon, obviously both sides in the wrong and may the best team win next week. No more to said on this.

AhJaysusRef

OverThePostsAWide.....

... you are a loser

Orchardman

Quote from: ck on November 25, 2011, 09:32:21 PM
@ stronghold
For a man who claims to be a Coleraine graduate you certainly know some amount about Jordanstown!! ...also you appear to be totally obsessed with Queen's. I suspect you are involved with Jordanstown and possess an inferiority complex due to your more illustrious neighbours being a prestigous college and jordanstown being a technical college? Would I be right? (says me who went to Sligo IT) Your defensive tones would also suggest that you advocate the fact that Jordanstown are famous for breaking rules and possesing zero integrity.

Everyone knows the Sigerson is a terrific competition but it is tarnished when colleges like Jordanstown stretch and break the rules. They would be much better off if they didnt have hangers on like Tommy Joe dragging them into the gutter.

Sligo bent plenty of rules back in 2002 or whenever they won it first, couple of dodgy students at the time when mchugh was over them. I went to uni across the water so neither the Belfast colleges mean anything to me but you would always hear about this supposed superiority complex queens have over the other one. Can't really understand it myself, so went and checked up there only to find this great queens place was ranked 197th in the world, that's pretty brutal! Most of the other Irish colleges are lower but they don't bum up their reputation.

To me, university football was the best, anyone here who have played in the british uni championship weekend in birmingham knows what the banter is like.

screenexile

Quote from: Orchardman on November 27, 2011, 01:21:27 PM
@ stronghold
For a man who claims to be a Coleraine graduate you certainly know some amount about Jordanstown!! ...also you appear to be totally obsessed with Queen's. I suspect you are involved with Jordanstown and possess an inferiority complex due to your more illustrious neighbours being a prestigous college and jordanstown being a technical college? Would I be right? (says me who went to Sligo IT) Your defensive tones would also suggest that you advocate the fact that Jordanstown are famous for breaking rules and possesing zero integrity.

Everyone knows the Sigerson is a terrific competition but it is tarnished when colleges like Jordanstown stretch and break the rules. They would be much better off if they didnt have hangers on like Tommy Joe dragging them into the gutter.

Sligo bent plenty of rules back in 2002 or whenever they won it first, couple of dodgy students at the time when mchugh was over them. I went to uni across the water so neither the Belfast colleges mean anything to me but you would always hear about this supposed superiority complex queens have over the other one. Can't really understand it myself, so went and checked up there only to find this great queens place was ranked 197th in the world, that's pretty brutal! Most of the other Irish colleges are lower but they don't bum up their reputation.

To me, university football was the best, anyone here who have played in the british uni championship weekend in birmingham knows what the banter is like.

It's 193rd actually!! I would have thought the fact this is a 'World' ranking system and given Northern Ireland's relative size 193rd in the world wouldn't be so bad. UU on the other hand with it's 3 Campuses throughout Northern Ireland can't be found on the "top 700" so your point is erroneous! (copy and paste it into google and you'll find out what erroneous means) ;)

Orchardman

Quote from: screenexile on November 27, 2011, 01:33:09 PM
@ stronghold

It's 193rd actually!! I would have thought the fact this is a 'World' ranking system and given Northern Ireland's relative size 193rd in the world wouldn't be so bad. UU on the other hand with it's 3 Campuses throughout Northern Ireland can't be found on the "top 700" so your point is erroneous! (copy and paste it into google and you'll find out what erroneous means) ;)

I already said most of the other irish colleges are lower in my last post, so i knew that would negate any silly replies about where UU and others are. Anyway, my old mates in edinburgh are at no.36 :P

In terms of the football, probably best that students can play a max of 4-5 sigerson campaigns, that should look after some of the carry on. Fair play to any lad that gets a chance of doing a good masters, and play a bit of ball, get whatever free rent they can get etc. I'd imagine DCU are the worst of any of them for dangling carrots

ck

Orchardman you should stick to picking apples for you know nothing about HE football. For a start, yes Sligo were at. I was disgusted at the time and ashamed now... they played two players in Sigerson both of whom had left their course, one from Roscommon, the other from Donegal.
As for the rankings of colleges, who the hell cares?! We were having a football debate and talking about UUJ pulling fast ones year in year out in pathetic attempts to win trophies. ..but now that you mention it, I have just googled it too - if Queen's are ranked 193rd in the world that would make them in the top couple of percent in the world?, not bad! UUJ arent even ranked! Only Trinity and UCD are ranked higher in Ireland. Your argument whilst beside the point, is also totally inaccurate.

This argument on the freshers is crazy. As someone said earlier, if a team played illegal players then throw them out. For a team to claim they don't know a score just to try and pull another stunt would be typical of a college with no class, no integrity, no sense of fair play. I've never experienced any Queen's snobbery or (quite the contrary) thinking they are better than others but to listen to the likes of UUJ people like Stronghold they clearly suffer from an inferiority complex.

Orchardman

The rankings was only a side issue, of course it doesn't matter, i don't care where any man gets his degree.

On the other hand ck, you have just confirmed what i said about sligo IT, good lad. thanks

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: stronghold on November 25, 2011, 06:06:52 PM
Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on November 25, 2011, 11:47:34 AM
I don't know the eligibility rules for that competition, but I'm sure I saw that young Bradley from St Gall's (fine prospect that he is) featured in UUJ "A" match reports...

I think if people are going to make statements they should  at least be factual.  I do not know any of the players and I do not want to get into player names but I have checked and Brendan Bradley St Galls has not played A football for UUJ...

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on November 26, 2011, 07:38:24 PM

Good man. And did you check again about young Bradley? I mean you were definite before that he hasn't played A? Are you still sure he didn't come on against Queen's?...

Quote from: stronghold on November 27, 2011, 10:31:46 AM
Have checked again. Brendan Bradley did not start of come on as a s sub in UUJ's qfinal game against Carlow...

Ah, so Bradley did come on against Queen's then after all? You say you were at the match and you say you "checked" three times and yet...

Quote from: stronghold on November 25, 2011, 06:06:52 PM
I think if people are going to make statements they should  at least be factual.  I do not know any of the players and I do not want to get into player names but I have checked and Brendan Bradley St Galls has not played A football for UUJ...

Leaves me wondering about all your other "facts" and why you haven't (at a second opportunity) still not disclaimed McGarry from playing against Carlow?

No more to said on this.
Probably a good idea there Stronghold because we can't believe a word that you say  ;)

Good luck to UUJ and Queen's in the replay. May the best (legitimate) team win.

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: AhJaysusRef on November 27, 2011, 12:16:17 PM

OverThePostsAWide.....

... you are a loser

Insightful contribution there AhJaysusRef  ;D

Did you get a big UCAS Tariff Points reduction then?

HiMucker

Seriously lads this thread is embarrassing  :D So keep craickin away

rogueryhill

By the way I am interested in fresher football, I have a son a UUJ, a daughter at Queens and a son who graduated from Queens, so I have no axe to grind.

Your posts say different. Nearly half them are spent bitchin about Queen's :D Even one on an unrelated Down thread ffs. If there were bursaries for having a chip you'd have more degrees than CJ and Kevin combined  ;D

You seem to know more about the Poly freshers B team than would make a Parish Priest blush but you were at a Queen's v St Mary's freshers match ...because you have a son at UUJ and a daughter at Queen's?  ::)

You're not clever enough to play that game and you have been rumbled you tool.  ;)

Winnie Peg

The greatest fear that I would have in all this is that people like Stronghold, CK, rogueryhill, overpostawide, behind the wire are actually graduates or undergraduates  and may have some role in my future concerning my future medical well being, finance or in government.
FFS, boys give it a rest as nobody on here gives a Sh**te about either Queen's or UUJ.
When I was at Queens, I thought this university football was important until I left and realised nobody gave a dam. As for which is the smartest university, GROW UP, you are no longer schoolboys.

rogueryhill

Quote from: Winnie Peg on November 28, 2011, 04:19:06 PM
FFS, boys give it a rest as nobody on here gives a Sh**te about either Queen's or UUJ.

You clearly do  ;D

Now fcuk away off to another thread if you're not interested.  ::)

OverThePostsAWide

Or maybe your counsellor Winnie? You know, when you need therapy for going into dark corners and subjecting yourself to things you don't like. Or am I mixing you up with Max Mosley?

I would put it more politely than Roguerryhill - don't read the thread if it doesn't interest you!

BTW, I don't think university football is the be-all-and-end-all, but I do think integrity is.