UUJ

Started by Joxer, November 03, 2011, 09:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

You obviously have a hard on for him chb. I'll pm you his number sure  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ck

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on November 05, 2011, 01:13:17 AM
CJ Mc Gourty is doing a Masters Degree in Sports Management.

Entry Conditions
Applicants shall normally have gained:

An upper second class honours degree or better from a University of the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland, or from another institution which has been recognised by the Senate for this purpose; OR
An equivalent standard in a professional or other qualification recognised by the Senate for this purpose.

Tommy Joe up to his usual tricks.

At least he might learn something from the first module. FINANCIAL DECISION MAKING  ;D

LOL Is that charlatan Tommy Joe still involved up there?? He was at it back in my day too, offering young lads money to play for the college. He must be a failed player who couldnt get into Queen's or something.

stronghold

Quote from: ck on November 05, 2011, 10:18:37 AM

Entry Conditions

An upper second class honours degree or better from a University of the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland, or from another institution which has been recognised by the Senate for this purpose; OR
An equivalent standard in a professional or other qualification recognised by the Senate for this purpose.

At least he might learn something from the first module. FINANCIAL DECISION MAKING  ;D

LOL Is that charlatan Tommy Joe still involved up there?? He was at it back in my day too, offering young lads money to play for the college. He must be a failed player who couldnt get into Queen's or something.
I think you will actually find Tommy- Joe went to queens as well as UUJ and that most universities including queens where offering scholarships and still are, long before UUJ. If you compere DCU, UCD, UCC , CIT, Waterford and Maynooth the northern colleges are a way behind in scholarships. But fair play to any young player who gets one especially in the current economic climate and the rising cost of fees. Good Luck to them.

Don Johnson

Alright Tommy relax!

ck

Quote from: stronghold on November 05, 2011, 04:15:06 PM
Quote from: ck on November 05, 2011, 10:18:37 AM

Entry Conditions

I think you will actually find Tommy- Joe went to queens as well as UUJ and that most universities including queens where offering scholarships and still are, long before UUJ. If you compere DCU, UCD, UCC , CIT, Waterford and Maynooth the northern colleges are a way behind in scholarships. But fair play to any young player who gets one especially in the current economic climate and the rising cost of fees. Good Luck to them.

Thou protesteth too much!
Everyone knows that Jordanstown approach players and stick them into silly masters courses just so they can play for the college. They have made a mockery of colleges competitions for years and all that seems to motivate them is to try and keep up with their more illustrious neighbours. It's pathetic really.

Milltown Row2

There are cases like that at every college ck.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

Can't believe that anyone wood point the finger at Jordanstown for this ahead of any other college. It's rampant, even at QUB.

If anyone involved in Colleges football was serious about it's integrity, competition would be limited to undergraduates aged under 23. But none of the colleges actually want this.

ck

Sweeping statements above! I wonder have you been involved at grass roots HE GAA or do you just believe what you hear?
I was involved with SligoIT 2001-2004 and yes they were at it too but have cleaned up their act. Jordanstown have and are pulling lads in year after year in a pathetic attempts to win trophies (which they fail at) and all it does is reduce the integrity of HE competitions. I have first hand knowledge of the lengths they go to to try and draft in players. It just underlines the lack of confidence they have in their own players every year. Some colleges have gained respect over the years, not Jordanstown.
There should be same rules adhered to by all colleges. Simple.

sean og

C J and Kevin should take a degree in not slabbering to refs

LeoMc

Quote from: thewobbler on November 06, 2011, 07:14:00 PM
Can't believe that anyone wood point the finger at Jordanstown for this ahead of any other college. It's rampant, even at QUB.

If anyone involved in Colleges football was serious about it's integrity, competition would be limited to undergraduates aged under 23. But none of the colleges actually want this.

Did you play for them too?
;)

OverThePostsAWide

Tommy Joe was complaining in the Irish News the other week that Jordanstown students were failing exams because of too many fixtures. Well, it seems they are failing not because of burnout, but more likely because they and nobody to do with them can count :o

Heard last night that Queen's freshers beat UUJ by a point in the fresher's B semi-final but the referee got in a muddle putting a score down to the wrong team and gave it as 1 point win to UUJ. The world and his granny knew the right score and told him but when the referee asked the Jordanstown mentors for confirmation, they said they hadn't been keeping the score  :D :D :D

(btw nobody had any beef with the referee. Mistakes happen. No shouting, no violence or threats. The way it should be).

onefaircounty

stronghold

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on November 24, 2011, 03:57:38 PM
Tommy Joe was complaining in the Irish News the other week that Jordanstown students were failing exams because of too many fixtures. Well, it seems they are failing not because of burnout, but more likely because they and nobody to do with them can count :o

Heard last night that Queen's freshers beat UUJ by a point in the fresher's B semi-final but the referee got in a muddle putting a score down to the wrong team and gave it as 1 point win to UUJ. The world and his granny knew the right score and told him but when the referee asked the Jordanstown mentors for confirmation, they said they hadn't been keeping the score  :D :D :D

(btw nobody had any beef with the referee. Mistakes happen. No shouting, no violence or threats. The way it should be).
I have been told that both teams have agreed to a replay not only because of the mixup in the scoreline but because Queens played a number of A players on the B team. Game to be played next Wednesday

stronghold

It saddens me to think that in this modern era, there are still some so called educated individuals still pontificating this elitist and superior nonsense and even more disturbing is that they appear to believe it. Many of the courses in Jordanstown require three A's same as in Queens same as many other colleges and universities. There is no such thing as a "silly masters".  As someone who went to Coleraine it always amazed me how Queens personnel continually criticised Jordanstown and then a few years later where doing there level best to copy them. Some people seem to suffer greatly from selective amnesia, to the best of my knowledge the last queens team to win a sigerson in 2007 had a  full time solicitor and dentist supposedly doing an "advanced computers" evening masters.
However I must congratulate Queens on their 40 scholarship students just announced, but then there are no scholarships at queens!!!
Mickey Armstrong , Sean Burke,  Keelin Bradley,  Sinead Cassidy, Harry Conlon,  Eoin Costello,  Conor Coulter,  Brian Cox,  Shauneen Donaghy ,Ciara Donnelly,  Caolan Daly,  Sean Finch,  Conan Grugan,  Timmy Hanna,  Kealan Haughey,  Ryan Jones,  Ruth Kearney,  Eilish Keenan,  Kathleen Kielt,  James Kielt,  Caitlin Malone,  Louise McAleese,  Ciaran McCinley,  Sinead McCleary,  Mairiasa McGourty , Niall McGovern,  Chris McGuinness,  Kate McKay,  Peter McKeague,  Niall McKenna,  Grainne McNally,  Natasha Mohan,  Aisling O'Kane,  Jamie O'Reilly,  Peter Quinn,  Ryan Rafferty,  Mark Scally,  Clare Scullion,  Mark Sweeney,  Sean Warnock,  Conor Woods
A classic case of the kettle calling the pot black. It about time some people wised up. There are at least two UUJ graduates playing for Queens this year. A queens graduate training the Jordanstown freshers and a Jordanstown graduate who trained the queens freshers last year. Thankfully there are some enlighted people about

INDIANA

Quote from: stronghold on November 25, 2011, 02:08:34 AM
It saddens me to think that in this modern era, there are still some so called educated individuals still pontificating this elitist and superior nonsense and even more disturbing is that they appear to believe it. Many of the courses in Jordanstown require three A's same as in Queens same as many other colleges and universities. There is no such thing as a "silly masters".  As someone who went to Coleraine it always amazed me how Queens personnel continually criticised Jordanstown and then a few years later where doing there level best to copy them. Some people seem to suffer greatly from selective amnesia, to the best of my knowledge the last queens team to win a sigerson in 2007 had a  full time solicitor and dentist supposedly doing an "advanced computers" evening masters.
However I must congratulate Queens on their 40 scholarship students just announced, but then there are no scholarships at queens!!!
Mickey Armstrong , Sean Burke,  Keelin Bradley,  Sinead Cassidy, Harry Conlon,  Eoin Costello,  Conor Coulter,  Brian Cox,  Shauneen Donaghy ,Ciara Donnelly,  Caolan Daly,  Sean Finch,  Conan Grugan,  Timmy Hanna,  Kealan Haughey,  Ryan Jones,  Ruth Kearney,  Eilish Keenan,  Kathleen Kielt,  James Kielt,  Caitlin Malone,  Louise McAleese,  Ciaran McCinley,  Sinead McCleary,  Mairiasa McGourty , Niall McGovern,  Chris McGuinness,  Kate McKay,  Peter McKeague,  Niall McKenna,  Grainne McNally,  Natasha Mohan,  Aisling O'Kane,  Jamie O'Reilly,  Peter Quinn,  Ryan Rafferty,  Mark Scally,  Clare Scullion,  Mark Sweeney,  Sean Warnock,  Conor Woods
A classic case of the kettle calling the pot black. It about time some people wised up. There are at least two UUJ graduates playing for Queens this year. A queens graduate training the Jordanstown freshers and a Jordanstown graduate who trained the queens freshers last year. Thankfully there are some enlighted people about

thats bullshit. There is any amount of college players around Ireland I could point to who have done and are doing mickey mouse degrees that

a) Half of them don't attend any classes for
b) Some of them didn't even get the points or entry requirements for them

Sigerson football is rotten to the core and has been for years. The ethos and spirit it was originally setup for long went out of it. Its currently over-rated in my view and has an importance in the calendar that the standard of play cant cash.