should joe kernan and micky hart resign?

Started by true ulster gael, March 12, 2007, 09:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

true ulster gael

armagh lost to a bad derry team yesterday
they are now looking at division 3 in the nfl next year
after losing to donegal micky hart says he can take tyrone no further
so should joe kernan and micky hart resign?

armaghniac

True Ulster Gael, why don't you resign?

Sure there'll be great game between Armagh and Tyrone in Division 2 next year!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

true ulster gael

Quote from: armaghniac on March 12, 2007, 09:21:47 AM
True Ulster Gael, why don't you resign?
you would be very proud of saying that back if you were a 6 year old kid

mannix

Maybe there is no more the managers can squeeze out of fading teams.Both teams have been going for a long time and its bound to get stale just as galway and meath did.

true ulster gael

Quote from: mannix on March 12, 2007, 09:53:38 AM
Maybe there is no more the managers can squeeze out of fading teams.Both teams have been going for a long time and its bound to get stale just as galway and meath did.
there is a lot of talent in armagh
i just think joe has stayed on too long
a fresh face is needed

man in black

Quote from: true ulster gael on March 12, 2007, 11:20:03 AM
Quote from: mannix on March 12, 2007, 09:53:38 AM
there is a lot of talent in armagh
i just think joe has stayed on too long
a fresh face is needed

Why do you have one of the bay city rollers as your avatar, are you a fan? Shang-a-Lang was probably their best number.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

J70

Jaysus lads, the Championship doesn't start for another eight weeks!

forkinknife

Here here and ha ha. At last the men who took football to the depressing depths it now resides in are getting a severe taste of their own medicine. Teams are now wise to their suffocating tactics and in fact are better than them at it. Before 2002 neither Tyrone nor Armagh had won an All-Ireland title and why? Because they simply were not good eno0ugh. Fat Joe Kernan found a way to get around thjis- play super fit players. He won it so Mickey copied it with younger boys who could run all day. No skill. No talent. Just running, No kicking. No catching. Just basketball. It's FOOTball.

So what is happening now is clear. Tyrone especially and Armagh are now just the also-rans and are back where they belong. They'r not even a scalp any more. The Queens are dead. Long live the king!

hairyhog

good to hear your narrow-minded bigotted voice again forkinknife.
Does that mean ur mickey is alrite again and the tablets done the business??

GallBoss

Steady on there lads resigning it is only March after all but there might be a point both men might have brought the teams as far as they can and maybe a fresh face is needed. Its hard to get to the top staying there is even harder makes what Kerry have achieved since the late nineties all the more remarkable in League and championship they've been  remarkably consistent.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

zoyler

My God! TUG must have Joe & Mickey reading the Irish Times or looking at the Rugby on TV! - or maybe they walked past him on the picket line outside CP!
Get a grip- its still only the league and the Cross lads arn't available till next week.  If the worst happens it will still give us a chance to go places we have not been for a long time and let some of the 'weaker' counties see real football up close.

ziggysego

Any thread started by True Ulster Gael should carry a health warning.
Testing Accessibility

Six Inch Nail

Good lad, forkinknife.  I have to respect you, after the battering you took last week I thought you would show up under a new name, dickinhand or something.

Anyway, your gripe about Ulster teams seems to stem from the fact that Dublin have not won an All Ireland in 12 years, despite having a quarter of the population of the country.

Joe Kernan and Mickey Harte are going nowhere until the end of the season.  It wouldn't make any sense mid season, although it would probably do neither counties any harm if both men went at the end of the year (not that I want to see Tyrone's fortunes getting better!)
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

Bensars

Quote from: Six Inch Nail on March 12, 2007, 03:15:39 PM

Anyway, your gripe about Ulster teams seems to stem from the fact that Dublin have not won an All Ireland in 12 years, despite having a quarter of the population of the country.

Since 1978 only 2 wins  ( 1983 and 1995).....Thats 29 years....  hardly good enough for the capital of the island, although they only have a tiny population to pick from