Martin Mc Guinness is one of the great leaders of the modern times !

Started by orangeman, September 10, 2011, 12:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Quote from: 4father on September 11, 2011, 09:53:29 AM
After how many years? Revolutions should be in constant cycle of organic leadership.

Is that John  O'Dowd who refused pittance funding only last week for two Irish language speaking nursuries? Yip, he's definitely leadership material.

Anyway, it doesnt matter who is in leadership positions, their leadership wasnt the leadership we all call leadership!!! It was pure dictatorship with their dogs (not gonna put their names on this) running about shutting every ounce of dissent up with bullying, censorship, careful planning of decision making and character assassination.

Theres an argument to say thats leadership, i dont buy it especially when it has led to the copperfastening of the unionist veto, the beginning of destruction of working class communities, being in bed with M15 and sitting dishing out the British governments cuts for them.

FS you should know you've cocked up when Tony Blair, George Bush etc are congratulating your every move and when British government officials (Powell) are writing your ard fheis speeches for you!!!!!
what do you mean revolutions etc? organic leadership??? just us dummies here arent up there in where your are with your man powell and blair and speeches you've lost me. why dont you just accept that your five children will have a better life with marty administering brit rule etc.. until things change maybe in 4 or 500 years
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Maguire01

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on September 11, 2011, 05:17:30 PM
just us dummies here arent up there in where your are with your man powell and blair and speeches you've lost me.
It's in Powell's book - google it.

4father

what do you mean revolutions etc? organic leadership??? just us dummies here arent up there in where your are with your man powell and blair and speeches you've lost me. why dont you just accept that your five children will have a better life with marty administering brit rule etc.. until things change maybe in 4 or 500 years

Maybe you should read what I wrote earlier, I wrote that it depends on what your ideology is.  If you are a middle of the road nationalist who couldn't give a monkey's either way then that's fine.  Maybe also, you aren't that qualified to comment if you are lost at the mention of very recent events and revelations.

I have accepted it believe it or not.  What you are choosing to do is look beyond the point that I am making regarding what 'leadership' is about and that in terms of Martin McGuinness being called a 'great' one. 

(BTW, If you don't know what 'organic' means when it is added to leadership, google it)

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 11, 2011, 05:31:50 PM
just us dummies here arent up there in where your are with your man powell and blair and speeches you've lost me.
It's in Powell's book - google it.

i must be one of the organic vegetables..

theres a lot to be said for communism.. its alot simpler

lawnseed

Quote from: 4father on September 11, 2011, 05:40:00 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on September 11, 2011, 05:38:05 PM
theres a lot to be said for communism.. its alot simpler

Now yer talkin!
bring on the revolution! lets send big lugs and cammy to meet their russian cousins.

in truth communism in its purist form (ie free from corruption) is more sustainable method of government

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 11, 2011, 03:08:36 PM
I have to agree with you. The ability to convince all but a few republicans to settle for a lot less than they had been fighting for for years has improved the quality of life for just about everyone. That fact that the realisation that force wouldn't work took so long...
have to pick you up on that one fella.
As a blow in, you dont know the background there fella and have been caught listening to the hype and bs stories of 'what it was all about etc'.
No surprise violence has stopped after fairer, more equality and equal treatment in social and work areas were brought in as policy to replace the old two tiered mandates of yesteryear.
Republicans got what they initially wanted and have now decamped to the long grass to wait for the majority swing that will bring about the first part of the reunification.
The second part depends on economic climate. This is outside of anyone's control.

sf are prob building themselves up so they can be the largest single party in Ireland.
While it wont get them power in the south any time soon, with eventual reunification this will drastically alter things.
The country needs alternatives to what we currently have. Not sure if I'd be happy that sf are that though - save from a few v good politicians in the southern and northern governments.
in the north they can remain part of the ruling bloc and help maintain their veto until the time comes.
In the south they are concentrating on their efforts to enlarge themselves and make themselves a popular alternative.
The old cliche of them having no economic nous is shown to be a bit skewed as it is obvious now that they are at least as bad as every other political party with none of them haveing any economic clue when it comes to implementing a working policy in this country.
McGuinness was a great leader, but only internally for his own party and in his career prior to this. He isnt a great political leader.
The time of Adams and co is almost over and if SF are to improve, they need new people like OCaolain and Doherty etc to take the mantle.

glens abu

Was at the Ard-Fheis this weekend and the party is brimming over with young articulate Republicans all who have been nurtured and encouraged to lead the party forward into a new Ireland by leaders like Adams and McGuinness.I think only history will decide how great they have been but no one can deny how far they have brought Sinn Fein both north and south and I firmly believe it is only the beginning.

Rossfan

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 12, 2011, 10:00:49 AM
In the south they are concentrating on their efforts to enlarge themselves and make themselves a popular alternative.

They're basically against everything that people don't like.  ::) While implementing a lot of the same unlikeable things in the North.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Rossfan on September 12, 2011, 12:14:43 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 12, 2011, 10:00:49 AM

They're basically against everything that people don't like.  ::) While implementing a lot of the same unlikeable things in the North.
like what?

sheamy

The most impressive person in SF is without doubt Eoin Ó Broin. Perhaps too radical for the mainstream but has more talent in his little finger than most of the rest of the party.

heffo

Quote from: sheamy on September 12, 2011, 01:17:20 PM
The most impressive person in SF is without doubt Eoin Ó Broin. Perhaps too radical for the mainstream but has more talent in his little finger than most of the rest of the party.

Leaving all politics aside a very nice fella.

sheamy

Quote from: heffo on September 12, 2011, 01:48:39 PM
Quote from: sheamy on September 12, 2011, 01:17:20 PM

Leaving all politics aside a very nice fella.

agreed heffo. The real deal too. Not many could hold their own in a debate with him.