Champions League 2011/12

Started by ildanach, August 24, 2011, 10:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 19, 2012, 11:59:56 PM
There were only two clubs pissed off that Chelsea won tonight - Bayern Munich and Tottenham Hotspur. Man Utd have not thought of the competition since before Christmas.

Why bring Utd into it?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 20, 2012, 12:51:00 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 19, 2012, 11:59:56 PM
There were only two clubs pissed off that Chelsea won tonight - Bayern Munich and Tottenham Hotspur. Man Utd have not thought of the competition since before Christmas.

Why bring Utd into it?

I was actually trying to take them outta it! Look at Quote above my reply.

Quote from: laoislad on May 19, 2012, 11:24:30 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 19, 2012, 11:21:55 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 19, 2012, 11:18:24 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 19, 2012, 11:14:21 PM
Yes boys. The premier league is a bad leage. Lol.

It was great last week
Has Chelsea's European cup win overshadowed Manchester City's league success?
Only for Man U fans.

Capt Pat

That was daylight robbery in terms of general play but Bayern were brutal in the Chelsea penalty area. 9 out of 10 for their performance outside the penalty area 2 out of 10 for their work inside the box.

GalwayBayBoy

I thought Liverpool were a bit jammy in the 2005 final but they had nothing on Chelsea who were unbelievably jammy over 3 entire games between Barcelona and Bayern who between them missed countless chances. It just seemed that Chelsea's name was on the cup from way out.

stew

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 20, 2012, 03:51:00 AM
I thought Liverpool were a bit jammy in the 2005 final but they had nothing on Chelsea who were unbelievably jammy over 3 entire games between Barcelona and Bayern who between them missed countless chances. It just seemed that Chelsea's name was on the cup from way out.

Bollocks, they earned their way in the semi final with a tremendous performance at the toughest place to play in the world in the second leg and were playing a CL final against the home team, they rode their luck but your comments would have more credence if you had stated it prior to the final.

Football is like that, you can defend and play a negative style, hit teams on the break and win, it is part of the game and it is not Chelsea's fault Bayern dunged the togs from 25 yards in!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

SHEEDY

delighted for di matteo. glad to see chelsea win. just seemed to be written in the stars.
nil satis nisi optimum

ziggy90

Quote from: stew on May 20, 2012, 05:13:35 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 20, 2012, 03:51:00 AM

Bollocks, they earned their way in the semi final with a tremendous performance at the toughest place to play in the world in the second leg and were playing a CL final against the home team, they rode their luck but your comments would have more credence if you had stated it prior to the final.

Football is like that, you can defend and play a negative style, hit teams on the break and win, it is part of the game and it is not Chelsea's fault Bayern dunged the togs from 25 yards in!

Nail on head. I'm not a Chelsea fan by any means but they had a game plan & stuck to it. Di Matteo has done a wonderful job in his time there and I don't see how Abramovich can offer the job ( at least in the short term) to anyone else.

On another note however, I wonder now that he has his ECL ambition achieved will Abramovich be inclined to bankroll another spending spree? This is an ageing  Chelsea team and whoever is in charge for the for-seeable future will have to spend an incredible amount of money just to hang onto Man City's coattails. Just a thought like. ::)
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Orangemac

Quote from: ziggy90 on May 20, 2012, 09:16:18 AM
Nail on head. I'm not a Chelsea fan by any means but they had a game plan & stuck to it. Di Matteo has done a wonderful job in his time there and I don't see how Abramovich can offer the job ( at least in the short term) to anyone else.

On another note however, I wonder now that he has his ECL ambition achieved will Abramovich be inclined to bankroll another spending spree? This is an ageing  Chelsea team and whoever is in charge for the for-seeable future will have to spend an incredible amount of money just to hang onto Man City's coattails. Just a thought like. ::)
Was thinking something similiar myself. Is Abramovich a Chelsea fan for life or will he get bored and move on to another billionaire plaything?This was the last big kick for a lot of this Chelsea team and it is hard to begrudge the likes of Cole,Lampard,Cech and Drogba their EC medals.

StGallsGAA

As Christian Nerlinger said, if that brand of football wins titles then the future of European football  is bleak.  Indebted by Rangers and now perfected by Chelsea.

Bensars

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 20, 2012, 11:31:25 AM
As Christian Nerlinger said, if that brand of football wins titles then the future of European football  is bleak.  Indebted by Rangers and now perfected by Chelsea.

You don't think he would be a bit biased ?
Chelsea without several starters due to suspension, what would you have done?
They did what they had to do.
Your  last line says it all, indeed if you replaced the blue shirts for green and white hoops you'd be claiming it was the stuff of legends!

Gold

Quote from: Bensars on May 20, 2012, 11:51:43 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 20, 2012, 11:31:25 AM

You don't think he would be a bit biased ?
Chelsea without several starters due to suspension, what would you have done?
They did what they had to do.
Your  last line says it all, indeed if you replaced the blue shirts for green and white hoops you'd be claiming it was the stuff of legends!

Nail on head
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

seafoid

I felt sorry for Schweini. He bottled it after Neuer did so well.
but Bayern had the penalty to win it in XT AND  they scored after 82 mins and still only got the draw.

chelsea cost abramovic in excess of GBp 1 bn. Something seriously wrong there.

Gold

What did you's think of the egotistical tr**p that is Bosingwa?

He wouldnt f off and let the captains lift the trophey--he stayed in front and then when it was lifted he put his hands up and grabbed the bottom of it making it look like he was lifting it. Drogba and Terry should have hit him. What a selfish wee bollix

He's nothin
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

tyroneboi

Quote from: Gold on May 20, 2012, 02:09:58 PM

He wouldnt f off and let the captains lift the trophey--he stayed in front and then when it was lifted he put his hands up and grabbed the bottom of it making it look like he was lifting it. Drogba and Terry should have hit him. What a selfish wee bollix

He's nothin

Its a shit arrangement for the presentation anyway. All players and mangement stuck up on that tiny ledge! They should have it out in the middle of the pitch like what they did a few years ago. Dont blame Boswinga for doing what he did and he wasnt the only one. At least he played a part unlike one of the captains lifting it!! Also what was the point of Terry wearing his kit??

From the Bunker

Quote from: tyroneboi on May 20, 2012, 02:18:54 PM
Quote from: Gold on May 20, 2012, 02:09:58 PM

He's nothin

Its a shit arrangement for the presentation anyway. All players and mangement stuck up on that tiny ledge! They should have it out in the middle of the pitch like what they did a few years ago. Dont blame Boswinga for doing what he did and he wasnt the only one. At least he played a part unlike one of the captains lifting it!! Also what was the point of Terry wearing his kit??

The suspended captain, wore his full kit for the celebrations, apparently including shin pads. The reason for this is simple, he wanted to look the proper part for the photos in years to come. Have to say i was delighted he was covered lifting the Trophy.