Champions League 2011/12

Started by ildanach, August 24, 2011, 10:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAA_Talk

do these guys not practise penalties?? Bit disappointed with the last two nights results. Not that fussed by the final now to be honest.

seafoid

Real were very poor on the penalties.
What's another year for Mourinho ?

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on April 25, 2012, 10:23:14 PM
Bayern deserved it

They did. Too defensive through the game and paid for it. Bad penalty efforts.

ziggy90

Quote from: Puckoon on April 25, 2012, 10:14:54 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on April 25, 2012, 04:07:01 PM
They know the rules. It's hard not to feel sorry for three of them (JT the sc**bag being the odd one out) but Chelsea will just have to get on with it. Didn't Utd lose their midfield (Scholes & Keane) in 99 and go on to win it.

It's hard to feel sorry for Ramirez and Ivanovic - they've put their clubs in a bad spot for the final for nothing more than a bit of mouthing to the referee. If I was a Chelsea fan I'd be pretty irritated at them. You could at least give Mireles a bit of a pardon as he was the only one to get booked making a feckin' tackle!

My point exactly, I don't think there are many players who haven't mouthed at a referee. I know it's the rules but it's hard not to feel sorry for them. Anyway best of luck to both teams in the final, good to see both the underdogs get through.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Gazzler

Couldn't be happier for Ronaldo...Tit.

thejuice

I was saying at work all week that it would be a Chelsea Vs Munich final, but I never had the guts to put the £££ behind it.

Oh well. I didn't lose anything and Madird losing (with the bonus of Ronaldo missing a peno) will cheer herself up a good bit too.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

gawa316

Have Bayern many players suspended for final?

Captain Obvious

Bayern Munich the best side over the two legs through to the final. La-liga best two not good enough to reach the Champions league final. 1984 Liverpool beat Roma at home wouldn't rule out Chelsea.

ballinaman

Good man Ramos, take your point and the goals will come

Jeff shrieves ....."jose, you're aware you'll miss the final now?"

Dinny Breen

Christ Houghton is a pain in the bollix, how can he sit there and criticise players taking penalties under the most intense mental pressure that most of them would have ever experienced. Idiot!

#newbridgeornowhere

EC Unique

Spainish league the best in Europe? Meh! ::)

ziggy90

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 25, 2012, 10:29:51 PM
Christ Houghton is a pain in the bollix, how can he sit there and criticise players taking penalties under the most intense mental pressure that most of them would have ever experienced. Idiot!

How dare you ;). To be honest I never heard him, over here we have to put up with Adrian Chiles and Gareth Mouthgate.

ziggy90

Aaargh!!! Sorry Dinny I thought you were slagging Christ Hughton. ;)

Rossie11

So who does Jose blame this year????

ross4life

Good game for 30mins, snoozefest after that & the penalties were worse. Bayern certainly deserve to go through to set up a home final.  What makes soccer great is it's unpredictable nature, after watching this years CL maybe the Irish will pull off a few shocks during the summer?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open