Champions League 2011/12

Started by ildanach, August 24, 2011, 10:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Who was it said "Football...bloody hell"

AQMP

Could it be that David Luiz and Gary Cahill will anchor Chelsea's defence to CL glory :o

AQMP

AQMP

Gutted for JT.  Chelsea runs through that man's blood.  Diamond geezer, proper gent, not that type of player, legend!

Counts Malouda, Kalou and Ramires amongst his closest friends ;)

nrico2006

Quote from: Rossie11 on April 24, 2012, 10:41:47 PM
Well done to CFC. Have had their share of woes v barca down the years and
got their bit of luck over the 2legs.
Pity the likes of Ramires won't make the final. His goal deserved it.
Barca fans will be sickened after this week but fair play to them they applauded
Torres after his finish and were still singing after final whistle and they will blame
nobody but themselves for this loss.
What a refreshing change..

From what I saw immediately after Torres scored they were looking to rip his head off.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

AQMP - Are you trying to build up your post count?
That was never a square ball!!

orangeman

"It does look bad on the replay," Terry told Sky Sports. "I raised my knee but hopefully the people out there who know me, know I'm not that kind of player.

"At the time I was bewildered, but looking at the replay it looks a red card. On a personal note, of course (it hurts I miss the final). But we deserve to be in the Champions League final.

ballinaman

Quote from: AQMP on April 25, 2012, 09:34:56 AM
Gutted for JT.  Chelsea runs through that man's blood.  Diamond geezer, proper gent, not that type of player, legend!

Counts Malouda, Kalou and Ramires amongst his closest friends ;)

;D ;D ;D
Funniest thing I've seen on the board in a fair while.

Viva John Terry
Viva John Terry
He hates you if you're black
He knees you in the back
Viva John Terry

AQMP

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 25, 2012, 10:07:06 AM
AQMP - Are you trying to build up your post count?

Yeah wanted to bust through that 1050 barrier!!

I'll give a more reasoned post on Chelsea board later.

EC Unique

Must say I am delighted Chelsea got through lastnight. I don't really know why. Maybe it is to prove that Barca are not the machine that the world press has built them up to be. It is also hard not to like De-Mateo. Also as a neutral we naturally go for the underdog. I was delighted to see Torres get the goal too, he is now slowly returning to form since he got away from Liverpool.

Anyway it goes to show the PL is not as bad as some think it is.

In the final I am not sure who I will route for, If Real get through they will get my support.

winghalfun

Now Barcelona and their fans know how Liverpool have been feeling for most of the season.

I was completely neutral before the game but felt gutted for Barca. Suppose that's the old north of Ireland injustice complex coming out in me.

Last night was a bigger job than the Northern Bank.

Minder

Quote from: EC Unique on April 25, 2012, 10:35:49 AM
Must say I am delighted Chelsea got through lastnight. I don't really know why. Maybe it is to prove that Barca are not the machine that the world press has built them up to be. It is also hard not to like De-Mateo. Also as a neutral we naturally go for the underdog. I was delighted to see Torres get the goal too, he is now slowly returning to form since he got away from Liverpool.

In the final I am not sure who I will route for, If Real get through they will get my support.

How many times is that now you have said you wanted Chelsea to win?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on April 25, 2012, 10:40:05 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on April 25, 2012, 10:35:49 AM

How many times is that now you have said you wanted Chelsea to win?

I don't know. Have you counted?

Canalman

By no means a fan of Chelsea but was glad to see them win last night. Insofar as I can feel sorry for multimilionaires I felt for the 3 lads who got the 2nd yellows.
Jeez, that goal by Ramires was nothing short of magical. Thought Cole was as always brilliant as was Lampard and Drogba.

In some ways lady luck evened out the result from a few seasons ago.

What  in the name happened at the end with Torres completely on his own ? Was I mistaken but was there a tv shot where only Torres and the ref were in view. Chasing a goal and all that but there should always be one man back.

ziggy90

Quote from: Orangemac on April 24, 2012, 09:53:19 PM
Fair f**cks to Di Matteo and Chelsea. They have a few knackers in their team and Terry proved his class again tonight but you have to admire the balls Chelsea showed over 2 games and the likes of Cole,Cech, Lampard (set up 2 goals brilliantly) and Ramires were brilliant.

Barca looked tired in the 2nd half, squad is not big enough and the likes of Iniesta,Xavi and Messi have played too many games this season, which bodes well for Ireland in the summer.

Funny how the 2 big money donkeys Torres and Carroll delivered for their team in big games at the business end of the season.

The rest of your post is on the money but how the fcuk can you call Torres a donkey. Slate him for lack of form,confidence, effort etc but a donkey...no.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered