Champions League 2011/12

Started by ildanach, August 24, 2011, 10:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Don't drink it in Galway unless you want a dose of crypto-sporidiosis.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

orangeman

Bayern 8/11
Chelsea 4/1

Chelsea too big ?.

Minder

Quote from: orangeman on April 27, 2012, 02:06:38 PM
Bayern 8/11
Chelsea 4/1

Chelsea too big ?.

Yep, I preferred it when they were midtable cannon fodder.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rossie11

That's to win in 90mins
To lift the trophy:
Germans: 4/9
Guvs: 7/4

gallsman

Quote from: Rossie11 on April 27, 2012, 01:02:27 PM
Mourinhos old pal Tito Vilanova announced as new manager
16/1 this morning..
Get in there. Beer for weekend paid for..  ;D

The more thigns change the more they stay the same! Can't help but think it's an excellent decision. He's been with the players for Pep's entire tenure, including the first season with the B team. He knows the players and their game inside out.

Given that he's untried and untested as a first team coach (much like Pep), it will be interesting to see how Mourinho comes out firing given their "incident" at the start of the season.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: gallsman on April 27, 2012, 04:59:37 PM
16/1 this morning..

The more thigns change the more they stay the same! Can't help but think it's an excellent decision. He's been with the players for Pep's entire tenure, including the first season with the B team. He knows the players and their game inside out.

Given that he's untried and untested as a first team coach (much like Pep), it will be interesting to see how Mourinho comes out firing given their "incident" at the start of the season.
Was he the guy Mourinho poked in the eye?

gallsman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 27, 2012, 05:04:05 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 27, 2012, 04:59:37 PM
16/1 this morning..

Was he the guy Mourinho poked in the eye?

Yes.

Captain Obvious

German cup final today Borussia Dortmund 5 Bayern Munich 2. Dortmund have won their first ever domestic double. Two teams in the champions league final that are far for the best in Europe.

Minder

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 12, 2012, 08:56:07 PM
German cup final today Borussia Dortmund 5 Bayern Munich 2. Dortmund have won their first ever domestic double. Two teams in the champions league final that are far for the best in Europe.

Bayern are very close to being the best in Europe, if they beat Dortmund today would you say they were the best in Europe? A match I would say they were as interested in as Chelsea were against Liverpool the other night.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Minder on May 12, 2012, 09:19:36 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 12, 2012, 08:56:07 PM

Bayern are very close to being the best in Europe, if they beat Dortmund today would you say they were the best in Europe? A match I would say they were as interested in as Chelsea were against Liverpool the other night.
Bayern Munich didn't rest players tonight like Chelsea did v Liverpool and the Bundesliga league explain why Borussia finished eight points ahead of Bayern Munich.

ross4life

Well this thread would have more activity if Arsenal,Liverpool or Man United were in the final. Are the Chelsea fans here in Munich?

Apparently every time a European final has been played in Munich a new name was added to the European cup can history repeat itself. The way Chelsea came through the Barca games maybe their name is on the Cup already? playing at home is advantage but it also brings it's own pressure.

Bayern should win this but the odds on Chelsea are very tempting. After watching United play in 3 of the last 4 finals it's a change to sit back relax & not care who wins i just hope it a good game.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

I hope Munich win so as to give Spurs the place they deserve in the CL. I also fancy Munich to win 2-0. Must check the odds on such.

From the Bunker

Quote from: EC Unique on May 18, 2012, 08:39:04 PM
I hope Munich win so as to give Spurs the place they deserve in the CL. I also fancy Munich to win 2-0. Must check the odds on such.

That and to see the bould John Terry cry with his best suit on!

ziggy90

Why are the Bayern fans singing Shit on the Villa? ;D
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Captain Obvious

Chelsea defending well starting to frustrate Bayern Munich.