Hardy

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 16, 2011, 02:50:58 PM
Quote from: donegal lad on August 16, 2011, 02:48:13 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 16, 2011, 02:42:59 PM
Quote from: donegal lad on August 16, 2011, 01:27:34 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 16, 2011, 10:50:54 AM
Dublin 2-11

Donegal 1-9
Donegal have conceded only 7 goals since the league started February and your saying dublin will get 2 in one game wouldn't count on it

Dublin have scored 20 goals in 11 league and championship games including missing 4 easy goal chances against Tyrone and another 3 against Laois so scoring 2 should be possible
Yes dublin have been getting goals for fun but they have not come up against a team with a defense as solid as donegals i would be very surprised to see dublin getting 2 goals against us but it could happen

One could also argue Donegal haven't come up against a team with anything approaching the firepower of Dublin either

Kildare:
3-16 v. Laois
2-11 v. Meath
0-19 v. Derry

Then 0-11 v. Donegal in normal time.

Bensars

Dublin 0-14
Donegal 1-12

Dont think Dublin will put two performances together and the Donegal defense is much more frugal. I initially thought of putting dublin down for 0-10 but think they they will pick up a few more frees against the Donegal men than other teams.

Saying that i would prefer to see Dublin going through for thesake of the final but feel Donegal will suffocate them and frustrate them.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Hardy on August 16, 2011, 02:59:07 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 16, 2011, 02:50:58 PM
Quote from: donegal lad on August 16, 2011, 02:48:13 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 16, 2011, 02:42:59 PM
Quote from: donegal lad on August 16, 2011, 01:27:34 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 16, 2011, 10:50:54 AM
Dublin 2-11

Donegal 1-9
Donegal have conceded only 7 goals since the league started February and your saying dublin will get 2 in one game wouldn't count on it

Dublin have scored 20 goals in 11 league and championship games including missing 4 easy goal chances against Tyrone and another 3 against Laois so scoring 2 should be possible
Yes dublin have been getting goals for fun but they have not come up against a team with a defense as solid as donegals i would be very surprised to see dublin getting 2 goals against us but it could happen

One could also argue Donegal haven't come up against a team with anything approaching the firepower of Dublin either

Kildare:
3-16 v. Laois
2-11 v. Meath
0-19 v. Derry

Then 0-11 v. Donegal in normal time.

We only managed 1-11 against Dublin who had fourteen men for a good half an hour which is only a point more than the 1*-10 we managed in 70 mins against Donegal  ;)

Provided that Dublin are properly focussed on the task (they weren't against Wexford IMO) than they should win this with a bit to spare. Much as it pains me to say it but Dublin have more firepower than Kildare and their backs are at least the equal of our defence. They will at some stage force Donegal to come out of their shells and when that happens it will be game over.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Stevie g 8

The Hill is Blue

Fascinating game in prospect and it's very difficult to predict a result. I believe that the games played so far in the championship offer no guidance as to how the match will work out – and for both teams the championship starts again on the 28th.

As a Dubs supporter looking for straws to clutch at, I think (hope?) that the fact that Dublin were here last year against Cork and lost out only in the last few minutes will stand to them in the heat of battle. They do look far more organised than last year and hopefully that will stand to them on the day.

Dublin by 1 point.  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

squire_in_navy_slacks

Ah we will get around your defense at some stage donegal lad...................its your pot bellied keeper only to beat then, what a pot  ;)

cadence

hello... the way i see it, donegal have a few areas we can improve on tha'll give us a better chance. our distribution, especially from defence into attack, needs sorting. mchugh at times runs into traffic, relying on drawing a foul when he's isolated. dublin defenders might prove too cute for this and and one or two of our defenders seem to panic slightly, or not concentrate on their passing.

our defence is solid enough and i'm hoping we'll be able to come out even stevens in midfield, it's the attacking and the getting the ball to our forwards that i'd be worried a wee bit about.

donegal by 6.

amen.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Much as I have always liked Donegal I believe the current team is overrated and that Dublin will win this easily enough. For all the talk of Donegal's tight defensive system Tyrone should have been out of sight by half time in the Ulster semi final but for poor shooting. The loss of the Bradley's meant the Derry attack that Donegal went on to face in the final was severely blunted.

The extra time in the match against Kildare in the quarter final was gripping but the quality of play was for most of that match very limited with poor passing, shooting and decision making from both teams. Dublin will have too much in the forwards for Donegal and I can see them winning by 5/6 points and quite possibly more if they get into a lead and force Donegal to come out and try to claw them back.

cadence

dublin rightly go into this one as favs. the intensity of their training regime is scary and they'll have huge belief going into this one. having said that, mcguinness also seems to be a wily character and the way he's turned us around has been something. i'm guessing he won't be straying too far from the tactics that have got us this far. couple of opportune scores here or there is what it's going to take. it'll be very tight imo and i'm hoping for an epic battle.

oh to be a fly on the wall at both training camps to see how they're prepping for this one. 

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

donegal lad

This is the first donegal game i have been worried about making a prediction but after spending everyday since the dublin vs Tyrone game was played i have come up with this. Tie dublin ff line will punish any fb line in the country if given the space they got the last day they won't get this much space the next day i believe 2nd point is that no matter how good dublin were the last day Tyrone still scored 15 points against them the donegal team will cause a lot of trouble if given the chance and my last point is all the pressure is on dublin to perform kilo the last day and to beat donegal if they don't the year will be a failure .
With all this in mind i think donegal will win a hard thought game by 2 points and wouldn't be at all surprised if it went to extra time roll on the 28th till we all find out

snoopdog

Dublin put in a great performance against old legs in Tyrone. Donegals defence will be a lot harder to penetrate and we could also see the Dubs returning to their defensive style for this game.
A lot of dubs i have been speaking to are talking about an All Ireland final against Kerry. If the players are thinking the same then Donegal will be happy with that.

Donegal 0.16 Dublin 1.12

heffo

Quote from: snoopdog on August 19, 2011, 08:17:21 AM
A lot of dubs i have been speaking to are talking about an All Ireland final against Kerry.

I genuinely haven't spoken to a single person who's looking beyond Donegal.

Zulu

There's too much being made of Dublin conceding 15 points to Tyrone IMO, a good number of those scores came from soft frees and a few were exceptional scores (O'Neill's 1st & Cavanagh's sideline into the hill) but most importantly many of them came late when the game was won. Dublin didn't have to batten down the hatches and conceding 15 points is not an indication of a defence that gives up scores easily. I expect the Dublin defenders will stay back and help nullify the Donegal FF line so I don't see Donegal getting much more than 8 or 9 scores, I think Dublin can get more than that

Hound

Quote from: Bensars on August 16, 2011, 04:16:44 PM
Dublin 0-14
Donegal 1-12

Dont think Dublin will put two performances together and the Donegal defense is much more frugal. I initially thought of putting dublin down for 0-10 but think they they will pick up a few more frees against the Donegal men than other teams.
Saying that i would prefer to see Dublin going through for thesake of the final but feel Donegal will suffocate them and frustrate them.
Why do you think Dublin will pick up more frees than other teams?

Dublin only scored 3 points from frees in the last 2 games (1 missed free from each game from memory). The two Brogans and Connolly have been awarded just 2 frees between them in total during those 2 matches.

Not sure what the reasoning behind that is. Maybe those players release the ball very quickly, or the Wex and Tyrone defenders were just too loose. Or the ref a little slower to blow the whistle after the Bernard/Kildare controversy.