DUBLIN V DONEGAL PREDICTIONS..

Started by Paris Murphy, August 12, 2011, 01:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paris Murphy

What's the UNBIASED feeling about this Match..? Personally I would say Donegal will still employ the plundering 12 Men behind the ball strategy that served them well enough to this point but I expect The Dubs will shade it by 4 points.

Stevie g 8

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

J OGorman

RMDrive

Zulu

Dublin by 4. I can't see why any unbiased prediction would go with Donegal, they've been largely unimpressive, bar the kildare game and have enjoyed the rub of the green in a number of matches. I can't see their full forward line making much headway and if Dublin can score a goal in the first 40 minutes and get a 3 or 4 point lead then Donegal could lose by 5 or 6. They undoubtedly have a chance but a lot would need to go right IMO.

borderfox

Dublin 1-13 Donegal 0-8
Once Dublin can establish a lead up they will keep Donegal at arms length and pick them off on the break. A late  breakaway goal will seal Donegals fate.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Fuzzman

I haven't got a clue and we played both teams.

Dublin's firepower was awesome against us, with their kick passing and shooting of the highest order. I was chatting to Jim McGuinness after the Dublin Tyrone game and he sounded worried by what he saw. He too probably underestimated Dublin before that game and didn't think they had it in them to wipe the floor with Tyrone.

There could be an element of frustration for the Dubs if they continue to try to kick long ball into their FF line. They'll have to use different tactics.
I'm not sure who I want to win myself tbh but I suppose the Dubs play a much more attractive brand of football even if they do have some form of defensive system.

I think Dublin by 2 or 3 but it could be a classic battle like the Kildare Donegal game.

J OGorman

Quote from: Zulu on August 12, 2011, 11:39:04 AM
Dublin by 4. I can't see why any unbiased prediction would go with Donegal, they've been largely unimpressive, bar the kildare game and have enjoyed the rub of the green in a number of matches. I can't see their full forward line making much headway and if Dublin can score a goal in the first 40 minutes and get a 3 or 4 point lead then Donegal could lose by 5 or 6. They undoubtedly have a chance but a lot would need to go right IMO.

you're a marketing man's dream. Dublin produced their annual big game against an aging Tyrone side this year and we're back on a well worn path with so many GAA folk buying into the media lead hype...Donegal may have been largely unimpressive, but bar the Tyrone game, Dublin have stumbled through Leinster inc pipping world beaters (no disrespect intended) Wexford in the final.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: J OGorman on August 12, 2011, 01:05:54 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 12, 2011, 11:39:04 AM

you're a marketing man's dream. Dublin produced their annual big game against an aging Tyrone side this year and we're back on a well worn path with so many GAA folk buying into the media lead hype...Donegal may have been largely unimpressive, but bar the Tyrone game, Dublin have stumbled through Leinster inc pipping world beaters (no disrespect intended) Wexford in the final.

comfortable against Kildare until down to 14 men and then it took a great goal in last minute to come back (far more comfortable than Donegal were), easy winners against Tyrone (far easier than Donegal were) and poor against Wexford with a stack of injuries and training to be at their best in August to the extent that they weren't facinating on winning Leinster

Club Rossa

aontroim

EagleLord

Pure football vs puke football...Please God Pure will come out on top, by 2. Long distance score taking the difference late on.

Hardy

Fuzzman

I've a feeling Dublin's performances in Leinster was a bit like the way Tyrone & Kerry saunter through their province. They realise that the real championship begins in August and so ye just do enough to get by in games to get there. If you lose, grand ye have the back door.
Jim McGuinness said himself that Donegal couldn't get anywhere close to Tyrone in the 1st half back in June/July.
I've watched a lot of Dublin games both in person & on TV and I've never saw such a complete performance from them in my life. A lot of older and wiser men said the same to me as well.
They were immense for 60 mins and then eased up in the last 10 mins.
All over the field they were faster, fitter, stronger, more accurate and had their system down to a Tee. To me the big question is can they perform like that two days running. Tyrone may be getting old and not as hungry but in my eyes Dublin would beat anyone if they can play like that again. The big question is though will Donegal let them
I don't think Kildare are as good as the Dubs, especially on last week's performance so as Donegal struggled to beat Kildare I suppose my head says the Dubs should win. I actually think they'll win the AI.