DUBLIN V DONEGAL PREDICTIONS..

Started by Paris Murphy, August 12, 2011, 01:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sans pessimism

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 12, 2011, 03:40:45 PM
Convinced that Dublin will win this one well. If they get on a roll early then Donegal will have to come out of their shell and Dublin have the quality to pick them off. Whether they will beat Kerry is another matter though.

Dublin 1-12 Donegal 0-08
where did Mayo go??
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Shrewdness

I thought ye Mayo people didn't want anyone talking about ye, in case it sends the players into meltdown.....A few of ye have posted on this thread, yet if anyone started a predictions thread for Mayo v Kerry, some Mayo posters would be calling in the mods to shut down the thread.

By the way, it will be Dublin 0-14, Donegal 1-9 for me.

spuds

Quote from: Shrewdness on August 13, 2011, 08:44:45 PM
I thought ye Mayo people didn't want anyone talking about ye, in case it sends the players into meltdown.....A few of ye have posted on this thread, yet if anyone started a predictions thread for Mayo v Kerry, some Mayo posters would be calling in the mods to shut down the thread.

And being the thoughtful neighbour you started a prediction thread on Mayo Kerry semi to see what Mayo posters you could catch :D
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: spuds on August 13, 2011, 10:43:11 PM

And being the thoughtful neighbour you started a prediction thread on Mayo Kerry semi to see what Mayo posters you could catch :D

I thought I'd just agree with Shrewdness better judgement  ;) Was tempted to start a Roscommon minors one, but didn't feel our provincial brothers  :) needed such unwarranted pressure.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross4life

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 14, 2011, 12:01:47 AM

I thought I'd just agree with Shrewdness better judgement  ;) Was tempted to start a Roscommon minors one, but didn't feel our provincial brothers  :) needed such unwarranted pressure.
90% of the Gaaboard wouldn't even be aware of a Roscommon minor semi final & most of the Dubs believe they won the Minor final already v Cork.

Going back to the topic, this is a intriguing match i was proably of the same opinion of alot of the posters here & elsewhere about Donegal until i saw them in the flesh v Kildare the intensity,fitness,will to win & leaders all over the field was a real eye opener yes their play isn't pretty but it's damn effective. Dublin were very impressive v Tyrone & that display can't be ignored no matter how bad Tyrone played on the day but Dublin i thought were poor in the Leinster final needing a woeful goalkeeping mistake to turn the game, So IMO their form is somewhere in between the last two performances.

Have gone on record saying it will take a big performance to beat this Donegal side & i still believe this.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Shrewdness

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 14, 2011, 12:01:47 AM

Mayo lads, in all honesty, do ye really believe that a couple of threads on here, predicting the score etc, is in any way going to derail Mayo's challenge next Sunday.
Most of the people in Co.Mayo have never even heard of this website, let alone be spooked by anything written on it.

Most Mayo people i meet out there today are only too willing to talk about the match.

thejuice

My gut feeling is Donegal are going to win this. I can see Dublin being stifled and frustrated. Probably much like the Kildare-Donegal game. Dublin might try play Donegal at their own game and that might be their best bet.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

macdanger2

Quote from: Zulu on August 12, 2011, 06:39:32 PM
the only teams they've met even close to dublins standard are Kildare and Tyrone and they were fortunate to beat both. Dublin beat both way more easily, despite Derry playing very loose in defence Donegal got a crucial break in getting that penalty to beat them.

I'm not sure that you can read that much into Dublin beating both Tyrone & Kildare with greater ease than Donegal did - with the "style" of play that Donegal have they'll never blow a team away, they'll just grind them down and maybe pip them at the post.

I think the Mayo / Kerry game will be a better game to watch but I fancy that the AI winner will come from this S/F

I reserve the right to withdraw that prediction if Mayo win on Sunday ;)

squire_in_navy_slacks

heffo

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: heffo on August 16, 2011, 10:55:51 AM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 16, 2011, 10:50:54 AM
Dublin 2-11

Donegal 1-9

Cannot see Dublin scoring two goals.

Dont know heffo, I think we will suprise a few people............................. laois opened them up in the league final, one point in it  ;)

donegal lad

Dublin 2-11

Donegal 1-9
Donegal have conceded only 7 goals since the league started February and your saying dublin will get 2 in one game wouldn't count on it

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: donegal lad on August 16, 2011, 01:27:34 PM
Dublin 2-11

Donegal 1-9
Donegal have conceded only 7 goals since the league started February and your saying dublin will get 2 in one game wouldn't count on it

Dublin have scored 20 goals in 11 league and championship games including missing 4 easy goal chances against Tyrone and another 3 against Laois so scoring 2 should be possible

donegal lad

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 16, 2011, 02:42:59 PM
Dublin 2-11

Donegal 1-9

Dublin have scored 20 goals in 11 league and championship games including missing 4 easy goal chances against Tyrone and another 3 against Laois so scoring 2 should be possible
Yes dublin have been getting goals for fun but they have not come up against a team with a defense as solid as donegals i would be very surprised to see dublin getting 2 goals against us but it could happen

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: donegal lad on August 16, 2011, 02:48:13 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 16, 2011, 02:42:59 PM
Dublin 2-11

Donegal 1-9

Yes dublin have been getting goals for fun but they have not come up against a team with a defense as solid as donegals i would be very surprised to see dublin getting 2 goals against us but it could happen

One could also argue Donegal haven't come up against a team with anything approaching the firepower of Dublin either