Premier League Thread 2011/2012

Started by Orangemac, August 07, 2011, 11:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Green

Still think it will be down to the Manchesters. United started the season brilliantly but Chelsea really put it up to them on Sunday while City just slacked off against Fulham. Think the young guys for United will pull it off guided with the experience but it will be a lot tighter with City than I thought it would be. That is if City stick to the free flowing football. None of this negative shit. Spurs made a couple of good signings with Adebayor and Parker and I think that will give them that little bit extra to get CL football over Liverpool. Still to be convinced about a couple of Liverpools signings. As for Arsenal, they will be lucky if they qualify for the Europa league imo. Van Persie the only decent striker, midfield shite, Mertesacker was suppose to shore up the defence? He is pure dung. Good surprising starts from Newcastle and Everton. This would be now be my prediction for the end of the season:

1. United
2. City
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Liverpool
6. Sunderland
7. Arsenal
8. Newcastle
9. Villa
10. Wolves
11. Everton
12. Stoke
13. Fulham
14. Swansea
15. Bolton
16. QPR
17. Norwich
18. West Brom
19. Wigan
20. Blackburn

Orangemac

1/4 of the season gone and surprising to see Newcastle going so well. Thought they would struggle after losing Barton.Enrique and Nolan but they seem to have a great team spirit there.

Good midfield of Tiote and Cabaye. Surprised Cabaye wasn't chased by some of the bigger clubs, esp Arsenal as Wenger seems to like players from France.

Also on Wolves, they may be on a bad run but what do their supporters expect? Spent little money but this is their 3rd year in the Prem league and McCarthy needs to be given a bit of time to turn things around.

Sheedy

bolton, blackburn, wolves and wigan look like they're in for a long season and along with the 3 promoted clubs, everton fulham and sunderland will all be close to the relegation places. it will be tight at the bottom as well as the top.

been impressed with newcastle who are going along nicely at the minute.
nil satis nisi optimum

Hoof Hearted

I copied this in from the BBC Sport website

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1336: Stephen Hunt, what are you thinking? The midfielder nips past Emmerson Boyce to get one-on-one on Ali Al Habsi, but after knocking it past the Wigan keeper and being clattered into, the Wolves man opts to stay on his feet and attempt a cross, which is cleared. If he had gone down it surely would have been a certain penalty. Honest or stupid? You decide.

WTF are players supposed to do. They get lambasted when they go down, now they get the same when they dont
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

fitzroyalty

Do they really get lambasted though? It's not diving any more, it's 'winning' or 'earning' a penalty.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 06, 2011, 01:53:26 PM
Do they really get lambasted though? It's not diving any more, it's 'winning' or 'earning' a penalty.

well i suppose the foreigners do, the english "win" or "earn" penalties

Orangemac

Top of premier league is forming into 2 battles

Utd chasing City for top spot.

and 4 teams chasing 2 places in CL. Spurs look the best bet of these 4, probably won't have European football to worry about after Christmas and have as good a midfield as anyone in Prem. Friedel has been a good buy and if they can keep King fit would fancy them for 3rd.

That would leave Arsenal,Chelsea and Liverpool for the last place. Should be interesting.

EC Unique

laoislad

Quote from: Orangemac on December 04, 2011, 11:44:29 AM
Top of premier league is forming into 2 battles

Utd chasing City for top spot.

and 4 teams chasing 2 places in CL. Spurs look the best bet of these 4, probably won't have European football to worry about after Christmas and have as good a midfield as anyone in Prem. Friedel has been a good buy and if they can keep King fit would fancy them for 3rd.

That would leave Arsenal,Chelsea and Liverpool for the last place. Should be interesting.

They way they are playing right now I would think it's fair to say its Spurs and United chasing City for top spot.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hoof Hearted

19, 964 goals premier league goals scored since it started. 20,000th will more than likely be scored before the year's out, possibly tomorrow if teams go goal crazy, but more than likely Wed night. Who's your tip to score it, just for the craic. I will go for Robin VP.

muppet

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 17, 2011, 11:52:32 AM
19, 964 goals premier league goals scored since it started. 20,000th will more than likely be scored before the year's out, possibly tomorrow if teams go goal crazy, but more than likely Wed night. Who's your tip to score it, just for the craic. I will go for Robin VP.

Paul McShane o.g.
MWWSI 2017

Orangemac

Was it Les Ferdinand who scored the 10,000th?

The Worker

Anyone got a list of premier league players who are going to the african cup of nations?

what clubs are affected the most?

Minder

Quote from: The Worker on December 19, 2011, 05:15:55 PM
Anyone got a list of premier league players who are going to the african cup of nations?

what clubs are affected the most?

Suarez is going as an ambassador.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Dungannon Swifts crippled with that competition.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.