Started by Dinny Breen, August 04, 2011, 11:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 17, 2011, 11:24:21 AM
What a game. Who says you need tries to have a thriller? I was screaming like a little girl when Bowe intercepted that pass and ran up the field at the end. Great stuff.
Bowe steaming through was a Gordon Hamilton 1991 moment.
What did Campese say about Ireland btw?

J OGorman

Quote from: cicfada on September 17, 2011, 11:25:14 AM
Brilliant win, I am happy to have been wrong but now they need to concentrate against the smaller teams and carry this on!!

thats it...keep the momentum going into the remaining games and make a real bucking fist of this world cup!

maddog

Wow, forwards were giants of men today. Great day to be Irish. I hope the media dont get carried away now, 2 more games to top the group and then probably Wales (which will be no pushover)

deiseach

Extraordinary win. And it's not as if they poxed it with a last-minute try, they were the better team from start to finish. Well done to all concerned

Capt Pat

You heard it from Capt Pat first.

Quote from: CiKe on September 17, 2011, 08:46:54 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on September 17, 2011, 08:01:15 AM
So Pocock is out of the game. I will make an optimistic prediction of an Irish victory. They don't have anything we don't have now. Question is whether we are in good enough form.

I'd beg to differ, we definitely don't have anyone in the backs like Kurtley Beale...

BennyHarp

If we hold on to win the group, it's likely Wales in the quarter and then England or France in the semi final if the games go to plan! There genuinely would be a chance of a final appearance
That was never a square ball!!

Kerry Mike

Quotef**k you, David Campese, f**k. You.

And Barry Hall and Skippy the Bush Kangaroo too
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Square Ball

Quote from: mc_grens on September 17, 2011, 11:15:55 AM
I'd just like to take this opportunity to say...

f**k you, David Campese, f**k. You.
Classic, michael lynagh very good in his comments about Ireland, Cian Healey moth and well deserved. Hope the AIF is as good as that
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

CiKe

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 17, 2011, 11:30:13 AM
You heard it from Capt Pat first.

Quote from: CiKe on September 17, 2011, 08:46:54 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on September 17, 2011, 08:01:15 AM
So Pocock is out of the game. I will make an optimistic prediction of an Irish victory. They don't have anything we don't have now. Question is whether we are in good enough form.

I'd beg to differ, we definitely don't have anyone in the backs like Kurtley Beale...

Good prediction alright, thought we had a chance but didn't believe we'd actually do it. Pocock was huge loss, don't think I heard Mcalman or whatever he's called mentioned once on ITV! Still don't think we've anything like Beale though, the guy looks so threatening - every time he got the ball i was worried!

trileacman

sweet mother of Jesus. Before the match we were discussing if Ireland were going to get out of the group, and just how big the hammering from aus would be.

Now were are counting down the days to the final. FFS have a bit of cop on.

!!!All aboard the Hype Train!!!!
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

screenexile

Gold

We should beat Russia but i'm wary of italy. They're gettin closer every year and due to beat us. They were level with the aussies at half time too.

It's ok for the players to lift it v the aussies but the difficulty may be that we go into the final few games expecting to win. All wins have to be earned and being Irish i expect the worst!

Great win though and hope we kick on and play to our potential in all games (and win the world cup!)
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

SLIGONIAN

Great stuff,, :) :)

Hope we can deliver against last 2 teams and not take eye off the ball, take each game as it comes and forget about qtr final...
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

deiseach

Quote from: trileacman on September 17, 2011, 11:36:46 AM
sweet mother of Jesus. Before the match we were discussing if Ireland were going to get out of the group, and just how big the hammering from aus would be.

Now were are counting down the days to the final. FFS have a bit of cop on.

!!!All aboard the Hype Train!!!!

+1. Enjoy it for what it is - the first time Ireland have EVER beaten a top ranking (NZ, Aus, SA, Eng and Fra) team in the World Cup.