Rugby World Cup 2011

Started by Dinny Breen, August 04, 2011, 11:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TORGAEL

thewobbler

Absolutely magnificent.

Rory Best MoTM for me , but any of the pack has earned it.

muppet

Some performance by the pack.
MWWSI 2017

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

CiKe

front row was brilliant, healy very prominent, thought they showed very good discipline in the second half in contrast to the first. Great start to the w.e.

Looking forward now to Wales vs Samoa could be great running game, and then AIF tomorrow, what a weekend!

Carmen Stateside

Not knowing much about rugby, was Ireland very good or Aussies crap. Irelands effort and commitment all round was immense.

armaghniac

Australia had a good lad called Cooper, but he wasn't enough.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J OGorman

Quote from: mc_grens on September 17, 2011, 11:15:55 AM
I'd just like to take this opportunity to say...

f**k you, David Campese, f**k. You.

add cicfada and anglocelt39 to that list (and them Irish men!)

absolutely brilliant, esp in the conditions. Cian Healy , O'Brien were immense, as was the rest of the pack. BOD carrying a bad shoulder, young Murray doing well after being introduced...big hits, huge intensity etc

good times! Hopefully keep her lit, top the group and take a good bit of momentum into the knock-outs

Blowitupref

One of the best ever wins for Irish sport! looking at the draw now could we make the final?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Dinny Breen

Quote from: thewobbler on September 17, 2011, 11:16:23 AM
Absolutely magnificent.

Rory Best MoTM for me , but any of the pack has earned it.

The front row were savage, Healy my motm but any of the pack could be picked.

Credit to the coaches, Ireland were well prepared and a performance like that doesn't happen per chance.

Semi-final is a realistic goal even a final as NZ, SA and Aus should now end up on the other side of the draw...
#newbridgeornowhere

new devil

who does it look like they would play if they top the group?

mc_grens

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 17, 2011, 11:21:20 AM
One of the best ever wins for Irish sport! looking at the draw now could we make the final?

:-X

J OGorman

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 17, 2011, 11:18:54 AM
Not knowing much about rugby, was Ireland very good or Aussies crap. Irelands effort and commitment all round was immense.

all you need to know is that Australia are reigning Tri-Nations champions and we beat them on the other side of the world in the world cup. brilliant

GalwayBayBoy

What a game. Who says you need tries to have a thriller? I was screaming like a little girl when Bowe intercepted that pass and ran up the field at the end. Great stuff.

cicfada

Brilliant win, I am happy to have been wrong but now they need to concentrate against the smaller teams and carry this on!!