the next president of ireland

Started by lawnseed, August 02, 2011, 12:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Inevitable decision and I wouldn't have given him a vote anyway. Michael D is the best of a bad bunch I reckon at this stage.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Doogie Browser on August 02, 2011, 04:31:33 PM
Would have been an awful President, proper decision.

The people should have been given the chance to decide. He was leading the polls up to know. I believe him to be a decent man and I think its a shame it has come to this. I suppose it'll have to be Michael d for me now.

Arthur_Friend

Norris on the radio this evening...what a complete f**king knob. Is that the cream of the Irish crop?

Dubh driocht

The field is very poor- with or without Norris. It's a real pity that Seamus Heaney's health (or lack of ego) prohibited him from standing as he would have been an outstanding Uachtarain.

Hound

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 02, 2011, 07:13:13 PM

The people should have been given the chance to decide. He was leading the polls up to know. I believe him to be a decent man and I think its a shame it has come to this. I suppose it'll have to be Michael d for me now.

A decent man, despite his views on grooming teenagers?

I can't go Michael D, probably as much to do with his voice as anything.

I'd have much preferred Pat Cox to Mitchell.

FFers will eventually put forward someone, probably Crowley, and they will put up a very good show (won't win it, but wouldnt be surprised if they came 2nd in terms of 1st pref votes) due to the poor field.

Doogie Browser

I don't agree, nothing decent about his canvassing for leniency for a convicted child rapist, abhorrent behaviour in fact.  If this was an example of his approach to diplomacy he would have made an awful President.

I hear Dana is going to enter the race too now.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Doogie Browser on August 03, 2011, 02:28:13 PM

I don't agree, nothing decent about his canvassing for leniency for a convicted child rapist, abhorrent behaviour in fact.  If this was an example of his approach to diplomacy he would have made an awful President.

Is that the Catholic Churches candidate?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Banana Man

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 03, 2011, 02:33:29 PM

Great input. You might want to think about taking the word 'GOD' out of your user name while you're at it.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Banana Man on August 03, 2011, 02:36:23 PM

Great input. You might want to think about taking the word 'GOD' out of your user name while you're at it.

I have explained that before, not going to bother again. So what do you think, is she there to weild the Vatican's mighty sword and drive the heathens from the land?

AZOffaly

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 03, 2011, 02:40:57 PM

I have explained that before, not going to bother again. So what do you think, is she there to weild the Vatican's mighty sword and drive the heathens from the land?

Your schtick has gotten old here MGHU. One could nearly predict what you're going to say at this stage. You should stick to the football side of the board, much more interesting contributions over there.

ross matt

Norris had to go and got off lightly with the media in my opinion considering his actions in writing that letter. Had he not been gay and had the victim been a young girl of 15 there would have been lynchings.  Plus didnt he use Seanad letterhead to write that letter?

Dana would be a joke of a candidate and thats leaving out her right wing catholic views. Sean Gallagher isnt credible. Smarmy with past FF connections. Michael D is another arty farty pain in the ass and listening to his annoying voice alone would wreck your head. Plus do we need to reward another well pensioned politician with a plum job  for the next 7 years?

It was always going to be difficult to replace McAleese but the current field of potentials is very very poor....

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 03, 2011, 02:49:40 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 03, 2011, 02:40:57 PM

Your schtick has gotten old here MGHU. One could nearly predict what you're going to say at this stage. You should stick to the football side of the board, much more interesting contributions over there.

Right so I might take a sabbatical from this side of the board until after Mayo's next competitive defeat. Now expect the support for Mayo to increase to prolong my hiatus.  ;D

muppet

MWWSI 2017

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001