the next president of ireland

Started by lawnseed, August 02, 2011, 12:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

brendan gleesan, roy keane, or ben dunne. or perhaps mary lou as having the name mary is an advantage.

just picturing norris and liz windsor standing to attention during god save the QUEEN.. ::) sweet devine..
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Maguire01

Dana would be an absolute disaster. Although I couldn't see her having much success.

laoislad

Quote from: lawnseed on August 03, 2011, 08:47:35 PM
roy keane

:D :D

Sure he walked out on us once so we couldn't be sure he wouldn't do it again.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lawnseed

Quote from: laoislad on August 03, 2011, 09:07:46 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on August 03, 2011, 08:47:35 PM
roy keane

:D :D

Sure he walked out on us once so we couldn't be sure he wouldn't do it again.

so roy keane is funny but david norris would have been ok?

lawnseed

its become a joke do we really need a president

Santino

Any truth to rumours of Gay Byrne stepping up?

haze

Quote from: ross matt on August 03, 2011, 02:50:45 PM
Norris had to go and got off lightly with the media in my opinion considering his actions in writing that letter. Had he not been gay and had the victim been a young girl of 15 there would have been lynchings.  Plus didnt he use Seanad letterhead to write that letter?

Dana would be a joke of a candidate and thats leaving out her right wing catholic views. Sean Gallagher isnt credible. Smarmy with past FF connections. Michael D is another arty farty pain in the ass and listening to his annoying voice alone would wreck your head. Plus do we need to reward another well pensioned politician with a plum job  for the next 7 years.

It was always going to be difficult to replace McAleese but the current field of potentials is very very poor....

You forgot to mention Gay "Ireland can host the Olympics" Mitchell- he seems to be a forgotten candidate for many. Even though Norris is gone ,FG must still be afraid they could end up blowing their best chance of electing their first president,especially if someone like Gay Byrne enters race. Enda Kenny didnt seem too pleased with his selection as the FG candidate.

Whatever happens at least it's not going to be Norris. Intellectually most capable but screams pompous West Brit. Amazed by the amount of people who wanted his as President. The SINDO were doing their best for him

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

muppet

Quote from: ziggysego on August 06, 2011, 12:43:22 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 03, 2011, 08:27:07 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 03, 2011, 07:29:18 PM
I nominate Olly.

i'll  2nd that motion

If I had a vote, I'd vote for him.

If your team lies down in the AIF we'll give you all the votes you want.

You are from Inisbiggle aren't you
MWWSI 2017

Lar Naparka

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 03, 2011, 02:49:40 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 03, 2011, 02:40:57 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on August 03, 2011, 02:36:23 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 03, 2011, 02:33:29 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on August 03, 2011, 02:28:13 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 02, 2011, 07:13:13 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on August 02, 2011, 04:31:33 PM
Would have been an awful President, proper decision.

The people should have been given the chance to decide. He was leading the polls up to know. I believe him to be a decent man and I think its a shame it has come to this. I suppose it'll have to be Michael d for me now.
I don't agree, nothing decent about his canvassing for leniency for a convicted child rapist, abhorrent behaviour in fact.  If this was an example of his approach to diplomacy he would have made an awful President.

I hear Dana is going to enter the race too now.

Is that the Catholic Churches candidate?

Great input. You might want to think about taking the word 'GOD' out of your user name while you're at it.

I have explained that before, not going to bother again. So what do you think, is she there to weild the Vatican's mighty sword and drive the heathens from the land?

Your schtick has gotten old here MGHU. One could nearly predict what you're going to say at this stage. You should stick to the football side of the board, much more interesting contributions over there.
Oi! We'll have less of that if ye don't mind.
All the Mayos and the rest of civilisation wish beg him to keep up the good work here.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

J70

I would have liked Norris, but he showed poor judgement and thus has correctly had to withdraw. None of the other names inspire at all, but as long as its not Dana, what's the difference I guess.

Orangemac

The coverage given to this is unbelievable. Unemployment still rising, budget deficit not budging yet talking heads of media and radio are obsessed with this.

Used to listen to Marian Finucane/Dunphy/Sam Smyth shows on Sunday morning but could not stomach it anymore as the likes of trade unionists, failed politicians etc waffle on about nothing. The f***ing election isn't till November or something.

Hardy

The presidential race is turning into a donkey derby.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Hardy on August 08, 2011, 01:00:01 AM
The presidential race is turning into a donkey derby.

They should stick it on the next card in Bellewstown and be done with it!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...