Mayo V Kerry semi final

Started by Milltown Row2, July 31, 2011, 05:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 18, 2011, 12:44:07 AM
Just passing through mayo today and was reminded yere in a All Ireland Semi final, it shocks me eveytime tbh, as this is one of the worst mayo teams ive ever seen.

What a bitter little boy you must be

Sam2011

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 18, 2011, 03:30:52 PM
Just passing through mayo today and was reminded yere in a All Ireland Semi final, it shocks me eveytime tbh, as this is one of the worst mayo teams ive ever seen.

Agreed! :)

C'MON THE GREEN AND RED!!!!!!!!!!!!

GalwayBayBoy

I'm not sure if they are any better than a few other Mayo teams of recent enough vintage but they definitely aren't the worst.

ross matt

Best of luck to Mayo. It would be great for Connacht football if ye can pull it off. One way or the other I think ye will be extremely competitive and will push them all the way. Like I said many times before here this is a mentally tough hard working outfit.

In order to win it ye will need to dominate midfield and win all the breaks out there. The O'Ses can certainly scrap for the dirty ball and Moran and Dillon apart from a great work ethic are also excellent ball players. Obviously the Kerry forwards are lethal but only if let play. I'm sure Horan will have some defensive cover in place for the Mayo backs.

Kerry's own defense are natural ball players but possibly suspect if put on the back foot. Hopefully ye can spring Mcgarrity early. Ye have survived bad periods in every match so far but have overcome them to perform better the next day. Nothing to fear guys.

SLIGONIAN

In what way bitter, sure i never said i wouldnt be cheering ye on sunday ;).

In what way Ross matt will it be good for Roscommon, Sligo, Leitrim and Galway if mayo win on sunday? I dont see it having any impact positive or negative in Sligo.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

From the Bunker

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 18, 2011, 05:45:35 PM

In what way bitter, sure i never said i wouldnt be cheering ye on sunday ;).

In what way Ross matt will it be good for Roscommon, Sligo, Leitrim and Galway if mayo win on sunday? I dont see it having any impact positive or negative in Sligo.

Can't disagree with you sentiments. Your own county comes first (as it should) and the success of your provincial neighbours means nothing really. Can't see Tipp, Clare, Waterford and Limerick glad to see Kerry win for the good of the province (B***s***).

Kerry Mike

Cork are always full of praise when we win for the province . Not a hint  of bitterness to them
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

From the Bunker

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 18, 2011, 08:38:47 PM
Cork are always full of praise when we win for the province . Not a hint  of bitterness to them

I bet Kerry was all Red and White last September.......... ;D

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 18, 2011, 08:59:05 PM
Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 18, 2011, 08:38:47 PM

I bet Kerry was all Red and White last September.......... ;D

Marc Ó Sé said in a recent interview that he didn t even bother watchin last year s AI final on the telly. Or one of the semis. That s the selfish attitude that seems to make winners.

Kerry Mike

Twas red and white alright when the c***ts crossed the county bounds and painted the roads and the horse at glenflesk. But then we have shown them Sam at mallow train stn on the way home enough times
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

oneoftheseyears

Sam2011

Kerry Mike

Mayo spending too much time thinking of ways to counteract Kerry before they name their team , you gotta love it.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Sam2011

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 18, 2011, 09:45:51 PM
Mayo spending too much time thinking of ways to counteract Kerry before they name their team , you gotta love it.
No Kerry Mike, a few lads are getting another chance to prove they will be fit for Sunday. Trevor and Peadar must be doing well so if they are getting another chance.
GAA are expecting are expecting a crowd of 45,000-50,000, mainly from the west.
Heard yere own Paul Galvin done well in training the other night. The injury must not be to bad then. Kerry maybe up to their aul tricks again!

C'MON THE GREEN AND RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!