Ireland or God?

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, July 29, 2011, 02:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you had to be loyal to only one. Would it be Ireland or God?

Ireland
20 (46.5%)
God
23 (53.5%)

Total Members Voted: 43

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Nally I didn't read one line of your post. Did someone not tell ya Mayo bate Cork today. Just go away, I don't give a f**k.

UP MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2011, 08:07:50 PM
Nally I didn't read one line of your post. Did someone not tell ya Mayo bate Cork today. Just go away, I don't give a f**k.

UP MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Aye well done on that; but last week you criticised me for using a thread to talk about a debate from another thread. So try not to take the cowards way out here and respond to my last post in a mature way, (lest ye appear like said coward/fool).
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Myles Na G.

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 31, 2011, 02:41:18 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2011, 01:35:51 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 31, 2011, 01:14:51 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2011, 12:25:55 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 31, 2011, 08:29:04 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2011, 02:33:49 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 31, 2011, 01:03:06 AM
If you spent a little less time building up the UK economy and tried helping out the Irish one it might be easier to listen to your Preaching about being a good Irish man.

Away down to Pogues or somewhere like that an you can play at being a barstool Irishman in person rather than on the Internet.

Answer: haven't a clue.

1. You obviously don't now what I do for a living.  ::)

2. Ya had a few pints down an Irish pub watching the football, so what of it.

Good man, that'll be as close as you get to helping "mother Ireland" in her hr of need.

For feck sake  :D , I'll stop before you god fearers start to cry. Winding ye up is so much fun though.

yeah your winding is side splitting. But I notice when I touch a wee nerve with regards to you deserting Ireland, your turning tale and running. Bit of a trend that I suppose as you couldn't get out of Ireland quick enough to make a few pound either. Going gets tough and MGHU bails for pasture anew.

Sell out.

Ha ha noclue. You do understand the concept of earning a living. Do you want myself and the hundreds of thousands of others to return from paid employment to sit on the dole, that would be real patriotic wouldn't it. Your lack of understanding of this gives me the clear impression you are a Fianna Fail spittle who has been handed a job for the boys/for life. What is it with FF spivs and clergy worship?

You needn't preach about understanding considering the posts you made on this thread. It shows how little of it you actually have. Thankfully most real Irish men aren't like you, and to try an associate yourself with the Irish identity is truely saddening.
Plenty of true Irishmen stayed to see out the hard times and didn't flee the scene, waiting for things to improve so that they could come coasting back in again and declare themselves as Ireland's favorite son as you no doubt intent to do.
As soon as I hear people talking about 'real Irishmen' or 'true Irishmen' I want to reach for my revolver. You're lucky I decommissioned it some time ago. (when I was 10, along with my cowboy hat)

Maguire01

You needn't preach about understanding considering the posts you made on this thread. It shows how little of it you actually have. Thankfully most real Irish men aren't like you, and to try an associate yourself with the Irish identity is truely saddening.
'The Irish identity'? How is that defined? And by who?

and just when it looked like it couldn't get any worse...
Plenty of true Irishmen stayed to see out the hard times and didn't flee the scene, waiting for things to improve so that they could come coasting back in again and declare themselves as Ireland's favorite son as you no doubt intent to do.
'True Irishmen'? So anyone who ever emigrated isn't a true Irishman? That's an awful lot of people. What about someone who had an extended holiday?
And what would you rather the thousands of unemployed Irish do?

trueblue1234

Right for the slow Cavan &Monaghan men. MGHU has taken great delight in rubbishing other peoples views on God. It can be a sensitive subject and can be debated with tact by most people. Not by MGHU tho, the numerous images posted up on here are a good example. So I decided to take a similar tact with his views on Ireland and who is or isn't Irish,  of which he's posted some amount of crap throughout this board.

Do ya's actually really believe someone could call an Irishman less Irish because they left Ireland? Feck me half the country would be considered foreign!

So in Summary, I suppose I just don't like MGHU, I find the majority of his posts arrogant and dis-respectful and many with a common theme of belitting people from The North's views especially if god forbid they make a comment on the South. Hence why I decided to pick a fight with him. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Maguire01

Yet you couldn't do that with reason and logic?

trueblue1234

Your really not getting this are you? Do you see much logic and reasoning behind MGHU's posts on this thread including the numerous 'funny captions'?

That was kinda the whole point......

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 01, 2011, 08:06:43 AM
Your really not getting this are you? Do you see much logic and reasoning behind MGHU's posts on this thread including the numerous 'funny captions'?

I burst out laughing when I read you want reason and logic when discussing Religion or Faith. If that were the case it would be illogicical for those who believe to respond at all, because religion has no reason or logic.

From the good book  :D

30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. 31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, "Our father is old, and there is no man around here to lie with us, as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let's get our father to drink wine and then lie with him and preserve our family line through our father." 33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. 34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I lay with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father." 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. 36 So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father. 37 The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab [1] ; he is the father of the Moabites of today. 38 The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi [2] ; he is the father of the Ammonites of today.

Genesis 19:30-38

1 He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord. 2 A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord.

Deuteronomy 23:1

orchard 8195

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 01, 2011, 12:28:08 AM
Right for the slow Cavan &Monaghan men. MGHU has taken great delight in rubbishing other peoples views on God. It can be a sensitive subject and can be debated with tact by most people. Not by MGHU tho, the numerous images posted up on here are a good example. So I decided to take a similar tact with his views on Ireland and who is or isn't Irish,  of which he's posted some amount of crap throughout this board.

Do ya's actually really believe someone could call an Irishman less Irish because they left Ireland? Feck me half the country would be considered foreign!

So in Summary, I suppose I just don't like MGHU, I find the majority of his posts arrogant and dis-respectful and many with a common theme of belitting people from The North's views especially if god forbid they make a comment on the South. Hence why I decided to pick a fight with him.

+1

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: orchard 8195 on August 01, 2011, 10:32:53 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 01, 2011, 12:28:08 AM

+1

O I get it, religion is a Northern theme. Paranoid.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 01, 2011, 10:32:08 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 01, 2011, 08:06:43 AM

I burst out laughing when I read you want reason and logic when discussing Religion or Faith. If that were the case it would be illogicical for those who believe to respond at all, because religion has no reason or logic.

From the good book  :D

30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. 31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, "Our father is old, and there is no man around here to lie with us, as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let's get our father to drink wine and then lie with him and preserve our family line through our father." 33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. 34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I lay with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father." 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. 36 So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father. 37 The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab [1] ; he is the father of the Moabites of today. 38 The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi [2] ; he is the father of the Ammonites of today.

Genesis 19:30-38

1 He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord. 2 A b**tard shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord.

Deuteronomy 23:1

I assume that the Moabites and Ammonites all have 6 fingers on each hand and webbed feet :D

Nally Stand

Right, I put a post up yesterday and MGHU said he was too distracted by Mayo's victory over Cork to read it, never mind respond. Seems you have your mind back on the tread now MGHU, so I'll post it again and maybe you could reply this time:

MGHU, not too long ago, when someone used the term"free stater", you stated that you
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 30, 2011, 12:49:55 AM
find that term offensive.
You went on to state that insulting terms like that should not be used because...
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 30, 2011, 12:21:32 PM
It comes across as a bitter comment on the people..... who don't deserve your nasty attitude for just living their lifes.

So, bearing in mind the last part of the second quote above, which says that you feel people don't deserve to be spoken to with a nasty attitude  just for living their lives, how does that theory correlate with statements you made in this thread such as....

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2011, 02:50:38 AM
Its funny to laugh at adults who believe in imaginary friends. Its hillarious to mock those ...

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2011, 02:38:37 AM
Your obviously a bit thick. Religion is ridiculous....I can ridicule it all I like, it is ridiculous.

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2011, 12:43:08 AM
Your god is so weak I fart in its general direction.

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2011, 12:51:36 AM
You god loving freak. Apes have a better grasp of the universe than idiots who believe in god.

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 30, 2011, 05:32:36 PM
Believing in God is simply ridiculous and therefore fare game for ridicule.

Well?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

trueblue1234

"I burst out laughing when I read you want reason and logic when discussing Religion or Faith. If that were the case it would be illogicical for those who believe to respond at all, because religion has no reason or logic."

I've a feeling that you burst out laughing regularly for no reason. That and talking to yourself is painting a pretty accurate picture of you.... 

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Hey Nally, as your the man for the hypocrits

"For I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger forever." (Jeremiah 3:12)
"Ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn forever." (Jeremiah 17:4)

"If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid." (John 5:31)
"Jesus answered: Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid." (John 8:14)

"And Jesus coming, spoke to them, saying: All power is given to me in heaven and in earth." (Matthew 28:18)
"the whole world is under control of the evil one." (1 John 5:19)

And Jesus said, "For judgement I am come into this world." (John 9:39)
"I came not to judge the world" (John 12:47)

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)
"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 6:1)

"Jacob said, 'I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.'" (Genesis 32:30)
"No man hath seen God at any time." (John 1:18)

We should fear God (Matthew 10:28)
We should love God (Matthew 22:37)
There is no fear in love (1 John 4:18)

Nally Stand

Hey MGHU, stop dodging and answer my question.