Started by orangeman, July 24, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on August 05, 2011, 03:48:45 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 05, 2011, 01:06:54 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 05, 2011, 11:46:22 AM
Quote from: heffo on August 05, 2011, 11:42:52 AM
For why?

The 25 Harte has named is just as bogey as Gilroy's.

Don't think so, I'd say the 15 listed will start for us.

O'Gara, currently crippled, starting?

Rubbish. You're telling us Ricey wont start? Swift with a broken nose is going to play ;D

swift has broken nose but will still start - FACT!

INDIANA

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on August 05, 2011, 03:56:34 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on August 05, 2011, 03:48:45 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 05, 2011, 01:06:54 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 05, 2011, 11:46:22 AM
Quote from: heffo on August 05, 2011, 11:42:52 AM
For why?

The 25 Harte has named is just as bogey as Gilroy's.

Don't think so, I'd say the 15 listed will start for us.

O'Gara, currently crippled, starting?

Rubbish. You're telling us Ricey wont start? Swift with a broken nose is going to play ;D

swift has broken nose but will still start - FACT!

Grand I'm sure O Gara will knock that back into place early on ;D

Fear ón Srath Bán

And RTÉ's response...

"RTÉ Radio 1's John Murray Show presents, each morning, a satirical and humorous synopsis of the day's big news stories. On June 9 the programme covered a widely reported controversy involving Mickey Harte.

"RTÉ understands and appreciates that the item offended Mr Harte. It is never RTÉ's intention to knowingly offend any individual, and RTÉ sincerely regrets any offence caused. This sincere regret was immediately and personally communicated to Mr Harte by RTÉ management.

"RTÉ wishes to clarify that it did not leak the contents of the letter referred to in today's statement by the Tyrone GAA Senior Football Management and Players. RTÉ treated the correspondence as private and confidential, and was mindful of the need for discretion in all public statements it was called upon to make.

"It is RTÉ's hope that, in the public interest of all those who follow gaelic games, the matter can be resolved."
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fear ón Srath Bán

I don't believe RTÉ when they say they treated the correspondence as 'private and confidential'. I think they're telling porkies.

heffo

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 05, 2011, 04:02:59 PM
I don't believe RTÉ when they say they treated the correspondence as 'private and confidential'. I think they're telling porkies.

From what I'm told it wasn't RTE Mgt that leaked it. It was someone close to the story though. Not a nordie either.

Hound

I would have guessed that someone on the managers' side leaked the letter. Someone they showed it to. RTE had nothing to gain by leaking it. A complaint of the managers was their letter was ignored.

sheamy

Quote from: Hound on August 05, 2011, 04:09:44 PM
I would have guessed that someone on the managers' side leaked the letter. Someone they showed it to. RTE had nothing to gain by leaking it. A complaint of the managers was their letter was ignored.

Agree. I can't see why they'd leak it. The response to the other (more serious) matter seems fair to me. Hopefully it brings an end to the sorry mess. My only criticism of it would be that the statement should have been made public earlier and not have had to be forced by the Tyrone CB statement. They say they communicated it earlier personally which we have to take at face value.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: heffo on August 05, 2011, 04:08:22 PM
From what I'm told it wasn't RTE Mgt that leaked it. It was someone close to the story though. Not a nordie either.

Quote from: Hound on August 05, 2011, 04:09:44 PM

OK, fair comments.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Anyway, back to the football, and Eoin O'Gara just before the game starts:

Hound

Gilroy on O'Gara this morning:

"They took off the cast on Wednesday evening and it was fine, it had healed well,"

"He'll have a light protective case over it, and again we'll fully test it out tomorrow but it's probably a week or two quicker than anyone could have expected.

"We're very happy but we have to test it out fully tomorrow, whether he can take full contact, and it's a bit the same with Michael Darragh."

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Over The Last on August 05, 2011, 02:10:26 PM
Some fascinating duals in prospect; i would hazard a guess at the following but could be wrong.....

Gormley to track Alan Brogan
Joe McMahon on Bernard
Justin on D.Connolly who can roam out the field at times

Cant see O'Gara starting.

Bastick will be out to counter Sean Cavanagh i imagine.

Tyrone defenders will be pretty well protected and not isolated inside.

Tyrone bench looks very strong regardless of who starts or does not.
Tyrone by two in a thriller

Gormley to attack alan more like.................... I think gilroy is making a mistake leaving bastic on cavanagh, I would have put cahill on him......................not to worried about pube head hughes to be honest as hes a slow oaf and so is fennell so they should snuff each other out

Hopefully the dublin team stay focussed and dont get side tracked by tyrones media circus this week................they have used all sorts off tactics this week

fitzroyalty

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 05, 2011, 05:37:01 PM
not to worried about pube head hughes to be honest as hes a slow oaf and so is fennell so they should snuff each other out
Hughes makes a lot of good runs which go unnoticed by opposition management and whatever about lack of pace has made a habit of finding himself in space in front of goal.
If he has his shooting boots with him (however unlikely) I reckon he could cause some damage.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: fitzroyalty on August 05, 2011, 06:09:10 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 05, 2011, 05:37:01 PM
not to worried about pube head hughes to be honest as hes a slow oaf and so is fennell so they should snuff each other out
Hughes makes a lot of good runs which go unnoticed by opposition management and whatever about lack of pace has made a habit of finding himself in space in front of goal.
If he has his shooting boots with him (however unlikely) I reckon he could cause some damage.

I hope not, dont rate him at all, hes like a big playground bully....................due his comeuppance

ONeill

Hughes a bully! Ha! He's oblivious to the destruction around him.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bigfrank

When dublin get someone big enuf or strong enuf to handle hughes send him out to battle....other wise put ur violins away and be glad of a leinster title....